Football game!!!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Football game!!!

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ready for a good football game!!! Hope we all enjoy it. :) JF
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Football game!!!

Post by Joyful Friend »

The Tide really took over. I was not surprised that they won, but was disappointed that it was not an exciting game. Now, I'm watching basketball. Ohio State is playing Purdue--good game!!! JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Joyful Friend, I really did expect it to be the blow out that it was. I know it sounds bad to say, but the SEC really is a powerhouse of a conference. When you play higher caliber teams week after week, you have to make sure you can stand up to them. No offense to ND, but they don't have the schedule that Alabama has. Also, even though ND's coach got coach of the year in something I saw, Nick Saban really is an awesome coach. I think he is the best in college football. I know if he'd still be at LSU, we'd have been in that game and won it. LSU has the talent, but the coach (though he's won lots of games) isn't quite as together as Nick Saban. He makes mistakes that he shouldn't with clock management -- and they drive me crazy!!! He's lucked out in quite a few games -- pure luck and not because he made the right call. We came so close to beating Alabama, and really should have beat them -- then Texas A&M beat them the very next week -- and I'm sure it was because of what they saw LSU do against them. Then LSU threw away their bowl game -- again clock management. Truly, no excuses for that at that level. As they always say, better luck next year!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I think Saban is a great coach. I've seen some great ones in my days, and he is among them. I am looking forward to play off games next year like basketball. I think it starts with four, but probably will include more later. Then maybe your LSU will have another opportunity. We're looking forward to what The Ohio State will do this year. Come to think of it, they went undefeated this year. You sound just like all the sportscasters about the SEC. I think I heard those exact words. I enjoy watching SEC games I like a good game, no matter who is playing. JF