Getting Started

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
sexydaphne@cavtel.

Re: Getting Started

Post by sexydaphne@cavtel. »

Hi my name is Daphne and I'm new to this forum. I desperately need to lose weight,I am thirty-six years old and I have sarcoid (lung disease) ,my lungs are so bad that I need a transplant in order to live. I've had this lung disease for 12 years and the Prednisone has made gain alot of weight.I cannot get a tranplant unless I lose the weight ,I have a 12 year old daughter that I would love to continue to watch grow,I would appreciate if there any help for me.
niki

Post by niki »

hi daphne.....there is help here for you.....go through the boards...check out all the info.....order the book..you can get the book from christianbook.com for $13.99...i had ordered a couple of copies and they were just delivered this past week,so they definitely have them ......i get standard shipping but often get what i ordered in a couple of days......
  with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are GONE....the beans and fruit maintain those stable blood sugars to keep you feeling full and satisfied......
  there is a blessing from God here for everyone that reaches for it...AND there is a blessing here for YOU......welcome.....niki
trutan
New, but learning

Post by trutan »

marysimmons wrote:Hi Grammabugcr,

I'm glad you're getting the book, but you can definitely start making changes right now without further delay!  Definitely read through the boards for lots of helpful information and advice. 
1.Instead of eating things with added sugar, eat lots of good fresh sweet fruits to satisfy your sweet-tooth.  Eat as much of it as you want, as often as you want!
2.  Skip all the bad "white stuff" such as wheat flour, sugar, white rice, and potatoes.  Eat corn and beans as much as you can to fulfil your body's carb cravings.  Popcorn sprayed with Olive Oil spray instead of with melted butter is a great salty snack you can munch on any time you want.
3.  Eat lean meats and fish, and avoid battered or breaded fish, etc.  No fatty meats like bacon please! No nuts, but dry roasted soy nuts are a great substitute.

There's a little cheat sheet to help you.  I know Niki and Joe have both posted similar advice in the last couple of days that you may have already noticed.  We're all here for you.....this is EASY!

Little Mary

I just read this and am waiting for the book also...will look for this cheat sheet. :)