Smoothies!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
sb125

Smoothies!

Post by sb125 »

Hello everyone!
I am a newbie, I just bought the book last night & I am already over halfway through it!  I can't wait to get started, it sounds so wonderful & makes so much sense!  I have a question about the elimination of dairy, cheese, yogurt from the diet?  I have smoothies every morning already, but I make them with skim milk & ff yogurt & fruit, etc.  Should I make them with juice instead?  And what about calcium for us women, what other foods are high in calcium so we are getting the daily allowance in, or should we take supplements for this?
I have read a few posts here & I really love the positive'ness' & the spiritual encouragement!  I think I will fit in great here! 
Plus, I love the fact that I know that the recipes here & questions will be about healthy foods & not how to make cookies, pudding, pie, junky treats like I have witnessed on other 'diet' message boards!
Blessings to you all!
Steph  ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Smoothies!

Post by Forever Young »

Steph,

First of all...WELCOME to LDL and the message boards!  We are so glad you found us!

As for the smoothies...I DO NOT make them...but I eat my fruit whole instead.  So, I think when someone else who makes them answers you, they will tell you to eliminate the dairy products from them and just use fruit and juice to make them.

As for the calcium...I take the calcium pills daily (with Vitamin D) and do not miss the dairy products. 

Once again...WELCOME to LDL and the boards.  Keep us posted with your successes so we can rejoice with you.  Until then...keep on keeping on...on LDL!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hi Steph,
Yes, as Jeanne said, it's really better to eat the whole fruit, but I lost my first 20 pounds by drinking smoothies every morning and every night.  I used orange juice with calcium added.  Now I take a calcium tablet every morning and every night. 

You will love it here, I promise!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
sb125

Post by sb125 »

thanks, ladies!  I already love it here!  The responses are so helpful & friendly & it's like one big happy family! 
Success to all!  :D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

That's what we call ourselves here a "Big" in numbers only family!!!
I do make smoothie everyday and use either OJ with calcium or apple juice. I add a banana and either frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit. I occasionally add some fat free plain yogurt but make sure it has NO added sugars hidden or not!

If you experience slow weight loss, you may want to change from smoothie to whole fruit as it takes a lot of whole fruit to make 1/2 cup of juice!!!

Welcome to our growing family Steph!!
Veronica