most recent posts

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
MissNanny

most recent posts

Post by MissNanny »

Was wondering why I cant read/find the button to press where I can view the last posts anymore.  Has something changed or is this a setting I can somehow monitor myself?
EnJae
Master Member

Re: most recent posts

Post by EnJae »

A niggling of a memory in the back of my brain says: There was some sort of different format to the page. And some folks were having some kind of trouble. And Tori changed it to the "simple machines forum" (see that listed at the top right of the screen?) Which cleared up the problem that several folks were having BUT created some new issues.
I THINK that is when we lost the other functions mentioned. But I'm not certain.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

NJ,
That stuff disappeared when they changed this to the Simple Machines Forum Format for some reason.  Maybe they decided that we didn't need it.  I also used to use it for info.  Oh well, perhaps it is for the best.
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

But at least we're no longer hounded with SPAM!  I can give up some of the other things in order not to be getting that awful stuff.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

MissNanny wrote:Was wondering why I cant read/find the button to press where I can view the last posts anymore. 

i just got a new computer that my son hooked up yesterday..YESTERDAY, i was able to access "most recent posts" because i've had it in my favorites on my old computer....today, on my new computer, i went to look on the let's do lunch website for it and don't see a link for "most recent posts"....
  NOW, for me to be able to access "most recent posts" from the favorites on my old computer tells me that it still exists but that the link to access it has been removed from the boards...if i wanted to rehook my computer up to see what the exact address to it is, i could do that.
  my question to everyone is, IS EVERYONE clicking where it says "new posts since you were last on the boards" and going through EVERY topic to find the newest posts?.............i would say that all i need is the exact address for "most recent posts" because going through every topic is rediculous and i can't believe everyone has been doing that....does anyone have that?.................niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

sidenote: I see you are past your target goal of a 10 pound loss! Good for you! Praise YHWH!

Now in response to what you said...
"Hunh?"

When I log in I can see that some topics are in bold. I click on one of those then I see that there is one or more subtopics that have new messages. I click on the word "NEW" and read. I guess you're more computer savvy than I. 
;)
NJ
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

This is the url for the unread posts page, Niki.  Is this what you wanted?

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ion=unread

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I just go to the message boards and when my page comes up, clear up at the top there is a message that says Hello Forever Young.

Underneath that it has three lines. 1) Show unread posts since last visit.
2) show new replies to your posts.  3) Total time logged in:

I simple click on the first one...and it lists ONLY the ones that have had responses since I was last logged on here.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Forever Young wrote:Underneath that it has three lines. 1) Show unread posts since last visit.
2) show new replies to your posts.  3) Total time logged in

probably from OVER a year ago, there used to be at the bottom of the boards somewhere to click on "most recent posts" along with something telling everyone who was on the boards and what they were doing.........when i first came on the boards almost 2 years ago, i put that "most recent posts" in my favorites so that at a click i got NOT the topics but each new post..........now yesterday, my son disconnected my old computer and set up the new one he bought me for christmas...today, i went to look for the link to that page and it's no longer on the boards.....i HAD it and HAVE it in my old computer...i would have written it down if i had realized that it wasn't on the boards at all...i put "most recent posts'' in the search engine and found some posts from july noting the fact that the link to "most recent posts" is gone.........
  i am NOT computer savy, but what i KNOW is that i had the address for that page in my old computer and IF that link no longer existed, it would NOT have taken me there.....so there must be SOMEONE who's on the boards for a long time that has the address for "most recent posts" on their computer....maybe carolyn or veronica???.......i read mary's response to this post in july saying that she noted that it was gone and she didn't say that she was still able to access it........if i have to, i'll ask my son to disconnect this processor and hook up my old one just so i can get the address for that page.....it DOES exist...i just don't know what it is.....all you new people are going about it the LONG way checking EACH TOPIC for a new post....WHAT a drag..............the rest of my life is SO complicated...THIS was EASY...................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

niki;

Pat posted it for you. Did you miss it?

patsyfay wrote:This is the url for the unread posts page, Niki.  Is this what you wanted?

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ion=unread

Pat
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote: Once you get used to it, it's just as handy as the old way of doing it.  You'll see!   

let me just say that if you guys don't see me on the boards as often, it's because i wasn't able to get the address off my old computer and i'm not up to sorting through all the topics to figure out where the new posts are...it's like churning your own butter after you got used to buying it from the supermarket.................niki
Tori

Post by Tori »

Roger asked me to remove the bottom portion of the boards showing how many people were online, what they were viewing, most recent visitors, etc.

It really is simple though; just follow Jeanne's directions, and click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top left of the page.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

ATTENTION EVERYONE...YOU MUST READ THIS(after all, how often do i write using capital letters)

I DISCONNECTED MY NEW COMPUTER AND RECONNECTED MY OLD COMPUTER TO GET THE ADDRESS FOR "MOST RECENT POSTS"........I GOT IT......ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK THIS LINK AND LET IT BRING YOU TO "MOST RECENT POSTS".....ONCE YOU'RE THERE, CLICK ON YOUR FAVORITES AND PUT IT ON YOUR FAVORITES AND THEN "MOST RECENT POSTS" WILL ONLY BE A CLICK AWAY........HERE IT IS..........

www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?PH ... ion=recent

DO IT.....................bq
Last edited by niki on December 28th, 2007, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissNanny

Post by MissNanny »

WHOA THIS IS LIKE THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT I GOT THIS YEAR!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH NIKI THIS IS SPECTACULAR!!!! I CANT TELL YOU HOW UPSET I WAS WHEN IT DISSAPPEARED WAY BACK WHEN.  THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

MissNanny wrote:WHOA THIS IS LIKE THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT I GOT THIS YEAR!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH NIKI THIS IS SPECTACULAR!!!! I CANT TELL YOU HOW UPSET I WAS WHEN IT DISSAPPEARED WAY BACK WHEN.  THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

i am SO happy to be of help, especially because i'm not computer savvy...i just can't believe that everyone was combing through the topics looking for new posts.....i thought that was SO distracting when i did it for ONE DAY......i check the boards a number of times a day which i would never do if i had to comb through all the topics....merry CHRISTmas, miss nanny..............sincerely,niki
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Thanks Niki !
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Just bringing this post back to the top to help some of the newbies who might not have seen this link to the most recent posts that Niki had conveniently saved in her favorites for us before changes had been made to the boards.  Just one click and you can find what we've been talking about!!!!! Do yourself a favor and save it into your favorites and it will link you instantly right into where you want to be!!!!