Understanding Let's Do Lunch

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Understanding Let's Do Lunch

Post by robnveronica »

Interesting! Glad to know some of the true "reasons" behind why LDL works, but also just glad to know it WORKS!! Sometimes I don't really need to know the whys and hows etc, but sometimes just to convince someone else, it's helpful to have more facts on hand!!
Thanks RT for all you do!
Veronica
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Thank you for that explanation, Roger.

Just to clafiry, to make sure I'm understanding it right, are you saying that it's OK to eat whole soy beans in something like those yummy dips that Little Mary put on the boards? That soy BEANS are OK, like soy nuts (so glad to have these back!), and whole canned soy beans, and edamame (green soy beans), but NOT soy spread?

Where does this put soy milk and tofu? Do these count as 'processed'?

Hope I'm not being dim here, but as a vegetarian, I would like to be able to eat some soy again and be sure it won't mess up my weight loss.

Rhea
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

i want to briefly throw in here that i found that because i have an underactive thyroid, i gained weight eating soy...i didn't want to admit it because soy is SO healthy...a bean that is a complete protein....what's better than that?..........i went months without losing and then found myself gaining weight even though i was STRICTLY on let's do lunch..i attribute it to the soy BECAUSE i have an underactive thyroid...i had read this all over the internet and chose to disregard it because i didn't want to give up soy.........i told myself i was done losing weight since my body wouldn't give any more up..i would say i went all together almost 6 months without losing and then gaining...
  my body is still true to it's pattern....i had gone off for a couple of weeks and it's been almost 6 weeks that i've been back on...i haven't lost ANYTHING...i'm retaining a lot of fluid....it's a war i play with my body....it'll give up and give up the 5 pounds of fluid it's holding onto...then i'll be a perfect size 10..i don't want to get thinner than that...i'll be too skinny....and I'LL maintain by going off once in a while for a GOOD reason and then i'll go back on.......niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Thank you, Roger, that is very clear and helpful.

What you say about soy is interesting, niki -- and I think you're really amazing to have done so well under difficult circumsances... you're an inspiration! Just shows, too, how important it is to learn to understand our own body, and how it reacts...

Rhea
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Rhea wrote:What you say about soy is interesting, niki -- and I think you're really amazing to have done so well under difficult circumstances... you're an inspiration! Just shows, too, how important it is to learn to understand our own body, and how it reacts...

i mention this because there ARE a number of people on these boards with thyroid disease....
  it SEEMS amazing(thank you for your kind words)but the truth is that with let's do lunch it was VERY easy............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..