Experimenting on Myself Again

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
DEBBIEWEBE

Re: Experimenting on Myself Again

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

MMMmmmm Chicken and Shrimp fried Rice!!!!
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Mmmmmm, Thai food again....mmmmm!  Mary, can you cook Thai food?

Lovin LDL,
Julie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:  start thinking about all the new recipes this will bring on board our train to Skinnytown.

wow, roger...and would that mean any time, not just as an occasional food?....wow...i could make REAL avgolemono soup with rice...i could make REAL stuffed grape leaves with rice(actually, i changed that recipe a few days ago to include a small amount of rice as an option).....this would mean that a vegetarian could WAY more easily eat this way without having to add soy as protein...the brown rice combined with beans would make a complete protein.............
  any stir fry recipe would not even have to be adapted to let's do lunch...isn't that something.........thanks roger for experimenting on our behalf..........niki
Last edited by niki on February 26th, 2008, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Ditto my thanks, too, Roger. 

Neither rice or potatoes make me have cravings, but I'm happy to leave them out & stay on the bunny slopes as long as the Lord is blessing me to be here.  I may try them in very small quantities after I lose a lot more weight.

God's Richest Blessings to You & Anita!
Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
itsmimi

Post by itsmimi »

very intersting.  I shall look forward to hearing your final prognosis Roger. I don't miss rice at all though but sometimes make the fake rice from cauliflower.

And Mary S., that's one of the things I love most about you.  I can't say I have ever met anyone who says they have dabbled in Thai curries in my entire life. You are a riot.

Mimi
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing the end prognosis on Rices (Brown and wild!!) My hubby REALLLY  needs to get some of his weight off (The doc is pushing for a liquid diet plan ....I don't THINK SO!!!) and one of the reasons he won't completely go LDL w/ me is his addiction to RICE>>> SO if this goes well I can tell him that he can have BROWN or Wild Rice just not the old white stuff.  CAN'T WAIT RT!!
Your Friend
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Sheez! - I thought that I'd responded to this post, and read through it again, and I hadn't!  This is wonderful news, Roger!  Although I've never really cared for white rice, John is wild about it (no pun intended!).  I'll have to make sure that I tell him about this.

And thank you, Roger!  Many of us would never have even tried any type of rice again.  :D

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Absolutely AWESOME, Roger!!

In preparation for this, I purchased some Brown Basmati rice yesterday.  I happened to be at a local store and was buying some red lentils in the bulk section when I decided to take a look at what else they might have.  They had Brown Short Grain Rice, Brown Long Grain Rice and the above rice that I ended up getting. 

As I've said before, I was never much of a rice eater, but John loves it... and for him to be able to have it again (provided your next two weeks go ok) - well, he'll be happy!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

This could make the meatless fruit and soup flush Mondays even more exciting!!!!!
Thanks Roger....we will be all waiting for further updates on this!!!!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you RT for doing this experiment.
NJ
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:This Saturday will be my 2nd week anniversary of eating wild rice and brown rice with every LDL main meal, in large quantities...along with a huge salad (with cut-up tomatoes on top, along with 3-bean salad, beets, dry roasted soynuts, a few blue cheese crumbles, corn, peas and my favorite diet dressing...fat-free Western).

(The reason I mention the salad is that, paraphrasing Oprah's Dr. Oz, "when you eat leafy greens, the calcium in them creates a soapy substance that attaches to some of the fat in the stomach and carries it through to the colon before digesting - therefore Not turning into fat on the body".)

That said, re the wild rice and brown rice, I have not gained any weight and so, if this continues for the next two weeks, my conclusion will be that any unprocessed whole grain should be perfectly okay on Let's Do Lunch...Eating Until Full to Lose Weight.

I also have absolutely no cravings whatsoever, and in fact am less hungry than I was before!

This means, Bean Queen, that if everything remains the same for the next two weeks, your whole-grain barley should be just fine.

The reason I never ate whole grains when I was losing weight is that I didn't think there would be any difference between them and processed grains...but that is now turning out to be incorrect.

I should have figured this out when we found out long ago that processed corn (cornmeal) is bad, but whole corn, corn-on-the-cob and popcorn are okay.

As it turns out, the processing causes problems, whereas many of the high nutritional density whole-grain foods go right to the colon before digesting and therefore don't turn into body fat.

A word of caution...please don't act on the above until I have gone another 2 weeks without any change.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Well, it has been over 2 weeks since this post and I''m curious!!!! How did it turn out? And is it necessary to eat the salad as you described in order to eat the rice or is that just another good tip?

Michele ºÜº
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

abundantlyblessed wrote: And is it necessary to eat the salad as you described in order to eat the rice or is that just another good tip?

that's just ANOTHER of roger's great tips to help everyone REALLY get as much value from what they eat as possible..........hi michele.............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
starlight0917
New, but learning

Post by starlight0917 »

Roger,

What was the conclusion to your rice experiment?  Can we indulge?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

We can eat the dark colored brown rice and whole grain long grain rice. It seems to be similar to the processing of corn. The more it's processed the more it changes how our body responds to it