Experimenting on Myself Again

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
margo
Master Member

Re: Experimenting on Myself Again

Post by margo »

So let's see...RT you are actually losing weight eating more brown rice and cutting out the animal protein unless you get a craving for it?  I did not see before that you were losing weight eating this way.  I thought that both you and Little Mary had done a month of brown rice and had held your weight steadily.

i'm not going to continue to harp on the difference between brown rice for LDLers who have reached a healthy weight and who really don't need to reduce more and brown rice for LDLers who are beginning the program and who are not at a healthy weight.  i  thoroughly understand that including really dark brown rice as an acceptable every day food for those LDLers just beginning the program should draw in more members....but i guess i personally won't be convinced until i see that I (an LDLer who has not yet reached an acceptable, healthy weight) have lost weight eating brown rice, especially since i AM eating animal protein in addition to the brown rice (albeit less animal protein, for sure).

Is there anyone else who has not reached their goal weight who is eating really dark brown rice on a regular basis and who is losing pounds?  If so, will you please share the particulars with us so that this LDLer can relax her mind about it and get 100% behind RT's changes to the next book which will (as i understand it) tell everyone beginning LDL to "go for it" in terms of brown rice?  i just don't want people to try LDL and not lose weight and then later we find that brown rice is great for maintaining but not very good for losing weight....like some other foods we eat from time to time that i can't remember now because i steer clear of those.

Thanks and God bless!
margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo wrote:Is there anyone else who has not reached their goal weight who is eating really dark brown rice on a regular basis and who is losing pounds?  If so, will you please share the particulars with us so that this LDLer can relax her mind about it and get 100% behind RT's changes to the next book which will (as i understand it) tell everyone beginning LDL to "go for it" in terms of brown rice?  i just don't want people to try LDL and not lose weight and then later we find that brown rice is great for maintaining but not very good for losing weight....like some other foods we eat from time to time that i can't remember now because i steer clear of those.

margo....i can't even BEGIN to tell you how i appreciate your doing what you're doing......i have been following your posts carefully.........you've approached the ENTIRE matter in a very scientific way without prejudicing your results by wanting results that would prove a particular point....the next time i go to fairway i'm going to buy some organic unprocessed brown rice...it's GREAT with beans or chick peas...i still personally agree with you, though, that it's the basic let's do lunch that works and that brown rice and oatmeal are good maintenance..............   
  i REALLY look forward to your findings a month from now.....THANK YOU SO MUCH.............niki 
Last edited by niki on July 8th, 2008, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Well, I am not very scientific minded. But here's my experience.

I have eaten about a 1/2 cup (cooked not dry) black rice once or twice a week for the last 4 weeks. I have not lost any pounds on the scale in that time. BUT I HAVE lost clothing sizes. My closet is full of size 20W - 22W.  This past weekend I found I could wear 18 - 18W.

NJ
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi EnJae..

Could be that you're body is just about ready to show you a reduction in pounds very soon.  Please let us know.  It's good to have someone who is STRICTLY doing LDL in every other sense while adding black rice to the diet a couple of times a week. I'll be interested to know how both of us weigh in a month from now.  Do you get on the scale often?  I won't get back on again until the end of this second rice testing month...around August 7th i think.

Will you keep track of how many times per week you eat the black rice so that we can compare our results at the end of the month? As you probably know, i am eating the brown brown rice each and every day without fail.

it's great to have reports about how delicious the rice is and how satisfying it is (it TRULY IS)...we need information on actual pounds lost over time, i think...

p.s. is my anxious eagerness to have the rice each day a type of craving?  I get happy happy joy joy at the thought of lunch with the rice....The thought of NOT having rice each day gives me an uneasy feeling...hmmmm..

Have a good night everyone and God bless.
margo
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Margo;
I was just giving you a bit of feedback; I don't keep up with when I eat rice and how much. Sorry, I'm just not scientific-minded.

RT;
Thank you; I am enjoying LDL more now that we have added oats and rice. I find that I am eating less fruit now. (Used to eat a LOT of fruit throughout the day.)

Love ya'll!
NJ