Accelerate Your Weight Loss

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
veropaga
New, but learning

Re: Accelerate Your Weight Loss

Post by veropaga »

I  was wondering if we can eat all the eggs we want instead of the heavy proteins, sometimes I could eat even 5 or 6 of them in one sitting (I do not have high cholesterol levels).
Thank you,
Vero.
vacoder

Post by vacoder »

Hi Roger

I am new to the program and in reading the book, I thought we were not to eat in between meals - do I have this wrong?  I have the banana & fruit for breakfast , then my soup, salad, Protein & Veg for lunch and then banana, fruit, salad and sometimes soup for dinner. Am I doing this all wrong?  I do feel hungry at times in the afternoon - I just have to get this weight off!!! Please help
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

vacoder wrote:I am new to the program and in reading the book, I thought we were not to eat in between meals - do I have this wrong?  I have the banana & fruit for breakfast , then my soup, salad, Protein & Veg for lunch and then banana, fruit, salad and sometimes soup for dinner. Am I doing this all wrong?  I do feel hungry at times in the afternoon - I just have to get this weight off!!! Please help

what you're eating is EXCELLENT...........you're absolutely right about snacking.....you SHOULDN'T be snacking unless you're hungry....and you SHOULDN'T be hungry if you're eating 3 meals until full.....and you don't HAVE to eat 3 meals....you could eat more........IF you're hungry.......it's a mistake to snack too much even on allowable foods on let's do lunch because it will keep your blood sugars from stabilizing..................
  eat, enjoy and shrink..................sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
vacoder

Post by vacoder »

Thanks so much for the great advice.  I took it and I am happy to report I am doing much better. Roger, you hit the nail right on the head!  I am eating till full and now eating less. I am enjoying the plan more and more and making lots of meals.  :) -

God Bless
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I was reading some older posts and I thought this might be a topic that Newbies need to keep in mind. It has worked for me (on LDL one month Aug 4, 2009).  :thumbsup:
mjeatmon

Post by mjeatmon »

Hello Mr. Wilson,
I just wanted to say that the msg. boards are such a help to me.  I had the same question as vacoder and it was good to see it answered and know that I am on the right track.
I figured it out last week when I had to eat out at Chick-Fil-A and noticed I needed more chicken with my salad.  So, I ordered another grilled chicken and my friend looked at me like I was crazy.  That's okay.  I needed that extra protein so I wouldn't want sweets or the wrong foods later that day.  It really helped me out.  I didn't feel tempted and I was full until 8:00 and had my smoothie and grapes that night and it was a GOOD day.
I've lost 9 lbs. so far and my husband has lost 10 lbs. 
Thank you for listening to God when He spoke and letting Him lead you.  I've cried out many a night for help in this area and when I broke my wrist and had to go to the ER 2 weeks ago, I saw your article and checked out your book at the library.  We've been doing LDL since then and we went ahead and ordered your book.
Thank you again.
MJ
wsh4hlth

Post by wsh4hlth »

In your replay on Aug. 3 you said

"Our Bean Queen, Niki, is right. Also, I would stay away from eating too many bananas...one a day would be just fine. If you are hungry in the afternoon, then most likely you are not eating until full at Let's Do Lunchtime, or you are not eating enough heavy protein for your lunch. Eating until full at Let's Do Lunchtime, and eating enough heavy protein at lunch, carries you past those "afternoon fattening snack cravings" and into dinnertime without your being really hungry again."

However, I've read your book and in your 14 day plan (like the person you replied to) it says to eat a banana in the morning and one in the evening.  I'm confused, I just read your book this past weekend and was excited about the diet.  Now I find you are giving conflicting information between your website and your book.  It makes me wonder if you are truly the person answering these e-mails or if somebody else is.  This is a lot to take on and I understand if you had someone else answering the e-mails for you.  But, it would be nice if there was consistency between your book and your on-line advice.  It won't stop me from pursuing this way of eating, just a note to point out the discrepancies.

Thanks.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Hi, wsh4hlth, and welcome to LDL!

If you take another look at the posts here, you'll see that the post you're referring to is a year old.  These boards have been around...I think since 2003, and since we've got so many new people here (Lucky us!!) they're coming across things of interest that were posted years ago.

In some cases, we've learned things since those posts....don't use cornmeal...don't use any "flour" in excess, including popcorn flour or chickpea flour....

One of the confusing subjects has been bananas.  If you ever did Atkins or South Beach or even diets that include plenty of fruit, you know that bananas are considered too starchy to be legal.  For that reason, Roger Troy in the past didn't eat them often, in the same way that you wouldn't eat sweet potatoes or whole grain cereal.  However, many people, including Mary, eat bananas all the time.  It doesn't seem to be a problem to load up on them if you like them.  Banana added to your smoothie gives it a nice creamy texture you won't get from other fruits.  Some of the hot dishes with banana (hot sweet banana treat, peach cobbler etc) are very filling because of the banana.

Rest assured, when you see Roger Troy answer a post, it's really him.  He doesn't have time to answer every question posed to him (or maybe doesn't see them in a timely manner) so there are others who always pop in with valuable advice. 

There are a couple things to remember: 

LDL is still evolving.  It's a work in progress, and everyone here is part of the project, with our feedback, advice, successes and even our mistakes.  The newest version of the book (the red one) has a bunch of things that are a little different from previous editions, including recipes that are way better than older ones, and tweaks to the allowed food list.

Also:  everyone is different, and it's up to you learn what works best for you.  Some of our board members can't eat Corn Thins...others wouldn't be without 'em.  (Most everyone likes them.)  Roger Troy can't eat soy nut butter without triggering cravings.  Others can enjoy a little on a corn thin without any problems.  For some, Fat Free cheese is the way to go.  Others can't stand it, so compromise with Low Fat in small quantities.  (As a previous Atkins follower, it's hard to believe how LITTLE cheese I've eaten lately!  :laughing: )

As you read through other people's journals, you get a good idea of the variation there is among our members...I read some and think "Yuck!  You really eat that way?" and other make me want to try all the recipes they mention. 

It's up to you to figure out what's going to keep you happy and dropping pounds.  BUT:  Remember that this isn't a quick fix....you didn't gain the weight overnight, and you can't expect it to drop off overnight.  It's a process. 

Don't be afraid to ask any questions you have.  I'm sure you'll be happy with LDL as you find your way down the path!
veropaga
New, but learning

Post by veropaga »

I am not seeing any weight loss lately, is it because I am eating the whole chicken (without the skin of course) instead than just the chicken breast? I am eating that quite frequently for lunch, is it wrong? Is it ok to eat salmon, since it is such a fat fish?
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

Thank you Mary. I love salmon.

Blessings,

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.