Planning Your Day's Eating

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Vernswifevickie

Re: Planning Your Day's Eating

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Thank you Roger for the reminder. I've heard it said "If you fail to plan you plan to fail." I've found this to be true in my own life. I do so much better at staying on plan if I PLAN!

One question for you. I am planning to order the most recent copy of the book soon. My question is, is the one that's currently available on your website the most current one? Or is there another one getting ready to go to print? You sent me the additions to the book but apparently my copy is outdated even for those additions. But before I spend the money on the latest edition I'd just like to be sure it's the most current one. If there's a newer one coming out soon I'd rather just wait and get it when it comes out...make sense?

Thanks so much for making "Let's do Lunch" available and for this website. I cannot even tell you how relieved I am to finally be breaking free from the desire to binge eat. Binge eating was like a prison and I feel like I've been set free from it. Honestly, my urge to binge has literally DISAPPEARED in one week on LDL! Thank you so much for your obedience to God in making this plan available to the rest of us.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

good questions, i cant wait to hear rogers answers.    glad to hear you are doing well. besides  the binge urges being gone is there any other thing(s) that seem different since you got back on plan? just wondering since we came back about the same time (me sept3rd). i do feel more in control and hopefull. take good care.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

thanks for responding roger, thankfully i do have the right book :). i would however like the coming changes, i have emailed you for them but think maybe you arent getting my emails. my address is booth1987@msn.com. thank you so very much.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
Vernswifevickie

Roger...thank you. I think I actually have the book I need and you already sent me the change. But thanks again!  :thumbsup:

christianjoy wrote:good questions, i cant wait to hear rogers answers.    glad to hear you are doing well. besides  the binge urges being gone is there any other thing(s) that seem different since you got back on plan? just wondering since we came back about the same time (me sept3rd). i do feel more in control and hopefull. take good care.

Joy...I also feel more in control and hopeful...like you. Also....today my jeans feel looser and overall I just feel good. It's hard for me to believe that I can be enjoying such wonderful food and still lose weight. Plus...really...the binge eating was frightening. Being out of control and not able to stop is just such an awful feeling. That urge to binge is just gone!

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better too.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Vicki,
I agree with you about the freedom we have from bingeing.  That was the bane of my existence before LDL and I feel like I've been released from the prison of binge eating. It's a miracle.  Thank God for Roger and his willingness to hear from God.  Too many times, especially when it comes to food, we don't want to listen to anyone!  Praise the Lord!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Vernswifevickie

Pat...exactly! Binge eating really is a prison. I can't even tell you how amazed and grateful I am to not have the urge to binge. I mean seriously...the urge is JUST GONE! POOF!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

This is so important to be aware of, along with the many benefits of advance preparation.  You set yourself up for success!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

New here, but going through the book before coming here I can see that is very important.

Yes, this is one of the first post I've read and I can see it will be very important if one wants to lose with pleasure or frantic! 

Thank you for you're wonderful book.

Michelle (Chelle)
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Chelle,

It is nice to see you on these boards, welcome!

Yes, planning your meals ahead and having soups, casseroles, or other acceptable foods on hand, in the refrig, at all times is most important.  When you come home and you are starving, if there is nothing for you to eat, it is so tempting to grab something you shouldn't have.  I truly believe this is half of the battle of making this plan work for you.

If you have any questions, we will try to answer them for you.

Hugs, Carrole
babyaustin
New, but learning

Post by babyaustin »

Hi everyone, I am a newbie and this is my first post while waiting eagerly for my book and cards to arrive.
I found out today that planning is soooo needed. I planned for breakfast and had scrambled eggs with my fruit because of my high fasting sugar reading of 175. I am a type 2 diabetic and have been reading the thread about that also and am very impressed. But back to my original point, I planned for breakfast and did really well but forgot to plan for lunch and ended up having leftover nachos. Pretty sure those are NOT LDL friendly and feeling like I let myself down by not preparing enough. So tonight I hit the grocery store and stock up on protein lunch foods. On my list is beans, popcorn more vegies and lean meat choices. I stocked up on fruit the day before.
Deb
Deb
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Yes Carrole and Deb,

You both are so right on about planning!  I don't know how people who work do it?  But, I am sure they cook a lot on the weekends and freeze them?  I just quit my job last Dec. and find that being able to cook each day is nice but thinking there will come a time where cooking  or buying foods to be able to eat on hand will be great.

Deb, you are new but when you went shopping for meals...could you share what kind of meals?  Thanks, many blessings on your new start!

Thanks Carrole for all your suggestions and support... if I have question I'll be sure to ask...so far the group here are so forthright in their sharing!  Thank you so much! 

Michelle
babyaustin
New, but learning

Post by babyaustin »

Michelle,

I planned for breakfasts by buying lots of fruits and I have to have a protein with it for now until my fasting sugar gets better. My sugar is really touchy right now and even very low GI fruits can cause it to go up. I know that it will improve once on the diet but for now I must eat protein with fruit.

For lunch I did not plan ahead so I ended up having a non LDL food which started cravings and left me feeling tired. So tonight I plan to shop for protein rich foods like the message boards suggest. They seem to really talk about beans which I am not fond of but I am willing to try new recipes to make them fit.

For dinner I plan to have a large salad with chicken in it and an ear of corn on the cob and raspberries for dessert.

I may eat some popcorn before bed if I get hungry and see how my sugar reacts to that. If it goes to high, I may add a string cheese on the side to balance the carb content of the popcorn.

This is just the way I do things because first and formost, my diabetes rules what I eat and how to balance things out. I listen to my body and after a week of fruit or popcorn with a protein, then I will experiment and see if I can get away without the protein and keep the sugar readings even.

I am not in the least worried about the fruit once I get the sugar and junk out of my system. I truley believe it is God's intent for fruit to be our sweet of choice. I use to worry about eating to much fruit and the results it would have on my sugar but guess what, I sure didn't think about the effects the cake I was eating was having on my sugar LOL Funny how we pick and chose what to worry about.
Deb
Deb
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Just my own take on how to help stabilize your sugar level....(I'm not a doctor, but after being on this plan for almost 3 years...this may work for you) Try to eat some of the pureed soups w/ beans in them. Combining a bean and corn make a complete protein and will help to stabilize your sugar (Again I believe). Look at the section in Medical Success' that has to do w/ diabetes. Once you've been on this plan and get to where you wean off the bad stuff you should do well. Many of our diabetic members have even been able to wean off the meds.

Welcome aboard our train to Skinnytown!
Veronica
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Planning is what works!  Just before I go grocery shopping, I look at my recipe cards or look for things to make on the posted recipes, then I write down the recipes that I want to make for the week.  I then go through each recipe to see what I need to buy at the grocery store -- this saves me $$$ and I am not buying food I do not need.  I also add fresh fruit to my list.  Sometimes I have leftovers so I eat that again a few days later, which saves one of my listed recipes for another day. 

Yours in LDL,

VickiLynn
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

VickiLynn..........my motto is "if you fail to plan then you plan to fail"......I have enought LDL meals in my freezer for 3-4 weeks of lunches....that way when I prepare a meal for my husband I just add the veggies that he is eating (cooked LDL friendly)..... *love*  *love*  *love*this WOE

Cookie