Contest Announcement

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Contest Announcement

Post by Gwennaford »

I hope the June 2009 FIRST magazine hits the stands soon.  New membership is still 45,825 short of my guesstimate.
I guess it's too late for any more contest entries.  The original post said the guesses had to be posted by noon today EDT. 

Nevertheless, 175 new members in a month is very respectable!  Time to come out & play, all you newbies! 

:cool:  Gwennaford
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 10th, 2009, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Good to know, RT.  No matter how they find out about it or when, I just want every human being to experience the wonderful physical, emotional & spiritual benefits of Let's Do Lunch.

GG
ImageImage
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Hi!  I am new here....I predict 75,000 members.  Kathie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
laurawhite1026
New, but learning

Post by laurawhite1026 »

:D  Hey roger....how many do members do we have now???
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Laura!  Nice pic & glad to see you got it posted.

For the answer to your question, please click on "Let's Do Lunch Community" to return to the home page.  The number is listed on the right side above the start of the message board menus.

I hope I win!
ImageImage
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Laura,

According to today's counter (May 27, 2009 @ 7:15 a.m. ET), it appears we have 3840 Members.
Last edited by tcasola on May 27th, 2009, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Did I go to sleep and lose a month somewhere??
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

DOH !!!

... errrr  :poo: .... ummmmmm  :blush:.. hmmmmmm  :'(.. WHAT DO EVER MEAN ??!?!?!?!?!??!  :angel:
Tom

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Ah, good catch, Mr. Editor!!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

uh, er, um, my guess of 75,000 seems to be quite a stretch from where we are now.  Oh well, I am a positive thinker! 
ChelleyD25

Post by ChelleyD25 »

I bought the magazine while running an errand during lunch yesterday. I immediately came back and ordered the book. (Hope it gets here soon! Can't wait to get started!) Can't speak for anyone else, but the article sure got me.  :thumbsup:

Michelle
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

As of 08:30 am (et) May 29th, the total is 3928 !!
Tom

Halla
New, but learning

Post by Halla »

Hi All! My name is Halla and one of my housemates bought the magazine with the article about LDL in it. She's always telling me how fat I've gotten so she promptly started trying to read the whole article to me. While I was hard at work in my home office.  *grrr*  Am I  glad she did! I've been walking  miles every day in the California heat trying to take the weight off with only moderate dietary changes and have only lost three pounds so far that way. I'm not a patient person when it comes to things like that, so I can hardly wait to see how this plan works for me.  My biggest downfall will be dairy, I'm sure. I was raised by Norwegian dairy farmers, basically, and fat free or even low  fat dairy is akin to blasphemy to us! LOL! Ah, well, another hurdle, but I'll clear it.

I especially love the "drink lots of smoothies" thing I saw going on here on the BB last night. I ♥ ♥ ♥ smoothies! I started my morning with a smoothie made of frozen tropical mixed fruits, a half a banana, some fresh strawberries and a bit of pineapple juice (unsweetened, since the fruit is plenty sweet). Now I'm too full to eat my breakfast. LOL! However, I will make myself a nice huevos ranchero later, no tortillas of course, and poach the eggs in the ranchero sauce. I'll just leave the dab of sour cream and the cheese off of it. :shock:  Yes, shocking I would consider such a thing, but there ya go.

After I get paid for this project, I will definitely order the book from you!

BTW, my guess is 9,150.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I just saw Veronica's new message on another post -- 4560 is the current membership, as of (almost) midnight July 3.  Did anyone think to look at the number on July 1st?  I didn't.  I probably didn't win the T-shirt because I think my guesstimate was about 45,000 too high.  Too bad.  Now that we know Roger made his big bucks from printing wearable art I think he should supply LDL T-shirts to all entrants - yes?

If we had 50,000 new LDL-ers losing weight, we could put the farmers back in business from increased produce sales; and airlines because of fuel savings from lighter passenger weights!  LOL!  The really cool thing about publicity from the article is that it's not inconceivabe to think that we actually had that many people checking us out.  Even if they didn't register there are probably untold people who are benefiting from Let's Do Lunch.

Roger - Is it tacky to ask how many books have been sold since the first printing of the first book?
Last edited by Gwennaford on July 3rd, 2009, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Roger, do you have a way to see how many "hits" this site has gotten since the article?  My guess was also way too high at 75, 000, lol.  I have been taught, never underestimate the power of God!
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks for the announcement Roger.  I thought you might know how many hits....that's amazing!  Congrats Patsyfay!
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi everyone. We have had almost 50,000 hits to our website since the article ran in FIRST Magazine (for women). The response has been UNBELIEVABLE!, as have the book sales! I am now pursuing more national publicity for Let's Do Lunch.

The winner of the contest was Patsyfay (Pat)
, who almost guessed the number right on the head (approx. 4500 members as of July 1st). CONGRATS Pat! Please email me, roger@letsdolunch.com , with your choice of either the large or xtra-large T-shirt, as well as your mailing address, and I will send your Let's Do Lunch T-shirt out to you immediately.

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Congratulations to Roger, LDL and of course Patsyfay!  Now what about those T-shirts? I didn't know there were T'shirts... how'd I miss that, how do I order one?  XL moving down to L as soon as I can  :laughing: :laughing: EL