Praise God...FIRST Magazine Article Hit a Grand-slam Homerun!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Praise God...FIRST Magazine Article Hit a Grand-slam Homerun!

Post by Gwennaford »

I've got CHILLS -- they're multiplyin' !  I got my order in just in time.  YAY

Congratulations RT!  You're on the way to international attention Let's Do Lunch deserves!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Thanks to you Roger! I buy First and Woman's Day frequently and read their articles on how to lose weight, but take them w/a grain of salt as I know the magazines are only giving us a "tid bit" of information. There was something different about this particular article that drew me in and I found your website after ordering the book from Borders. It's backordered 4-8 weeks! I couldn't wait that long! I ordered it yesterday from LDL. I've been doing the program w/help from the website - started week 2 today. I've lost 2 lbs., and have gained incredible energy! By 4:00 in the afternoon I use to be very tired. By 6-7:00 PM - I was ready for bed! I wake up at 5:45 AM and feel great, and am still energized by 8:30-9:00 PM. Can it work that fast? I work part time so when I get home at 2:15 I make my BIG meal. It's perfect. My breakfasts have been smoothies (mixed w/white beans), sometimes eggs w/refried beans, and my big meals have been some of these amazing soups! I didn't think I could live w/o sugar...I was wrong. I'm a midnight refrig. raider....haven't had the need, and if I do it'll be for a piece of fruit not a cupcake!  Well, I just wanted to say that I am sure you are getting tons and tons of people who read the article in First and I can't wait for the book to arrive so I can read the "whole" story and create my own success story. You're an inspiration to say the least and so are the wonderful people here at LDL.
God Bless!
Mamavan
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Mama, please post this message again under Medical Success or Personal Success Stories.  This is the kind of thing new people read and it encourages them to try Let's Do Lunch for themselves.

Thanks for posting, and WELCOME to you my friend! ! !

Gwen
ImageImage
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Will do it right now Gwen!
Mamavan
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:I need to tell all of you Let's Do Lunchers that the FIRST Magazine article has hit a grand-slam homerun! Our website has been flooded with orders...UNBELIEVABLE number of orders, greater than anything we could EVER have imagined!...and the orders keep coming in by the minute!

Also, the blue book is now in the top 100 best-sellers of all the half-million books sold on amazon.com, and the new red book is in the top 900 best-sellers. The blue book is sold out at Barnes and Noble, as well as at Books-A-Million and Borders.
We're just THRILLED, and we know you guys are too! The way this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if we made the New York Times' Top 100 Best-sellers list.

I know our Father in Heaven appreciates everything you have done to help Him bless others with Let's Do Lunch, and so do we.

With sooo much love to you all,

Neets, Mom and me

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day." 
--  Abraham Lincoln

We have been truly blessed for He has brought us to feast at His Table.
You were the one, Roger, who searched the highways and byways, and gathered us home.
Thank you, and congratulations.

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

I actually found out about LDL through what I assume is FIRST magazine... I was up at my mothers and had some idle time so I picked up the magazine and she had it turned to that page. I'm so glad that I was able to find the program! Even only on day one, I feel so happy about the future!
Shera

Post by Shera »

Well congrats on the book doing so well!!!
I am so happy that I ordered mine, from you Rodger Troy, last week.
I'm also here because I read the article in First magazine and found that LDL made a lot of sense to me.
I've been following the article and what I am finding here on this site and I have to say in just 5 short days I am feeling better!
Thank you all for sharing here.

Sheral
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

I purchase First magazine quite often, and when I read the article covering LDL, I thought it made sense, and I would give it a try. I have purchased the book and am reading it for the second time. As much as I would love to throw out of the "bad" stuff, my two children and my youth kids (my husband and I are youth leaders) - would not be too happy right now. So, I will look over them for the moment.

In my life I have been on several, several "diets", gone to meetings, weigh-ins, spent loads of money I am sure; however the weight always found its way back.  This past school year I actually got a job outside of the home. Needless to say, my stress level was so high, I put on 30 pounds. I truly thought I was pregnant there at the beginning. And no matter how much I was exercising (and I was doing that 3 times a week), no matter how I cut back (and I wasn't eating a lot to begin with) - my weight kept climbing and climbing.  Now the summer is here, and I cannot were any of my summer clothes. Talk about crying! I am praying that this change will help me shed these unwanted pounds not just for me, but for my daughter and my husband.

I have so much to share, but after reading LDL and the First article, I have a question. On page 44 and 45 there is written, "Then-if possible - eat nothing throughout the rest of the morning..." and then again on page 45 there is "After eating lunch, eat nothing more until dinnertime." However, in the article it shows a snack between breakfast and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner. Can someone help me with this? And one more thing! I was looking at the recipe cards (I love recipe cards and am thankful that they came along with the book) and found that no where does it say the serving size that it produces. I am one person and some of the items necessary for those meals require a big amount of food. I understand that I can store some in the refrigerator; however, I don't want to make that whole thing and then not like it.  It would be nice to know the serving amount so that I could divide it accordingly, if necessary.  Just a thought!

Thank you for listening to the Lord Roger, and I excited and anxious to start this new chapter in my life. I pray that it works. I am going to stick to it. Oh, what's your thoughts on Whey protein in my smoothie in the a.m.? I find that I do need some sort of protein in the morning, so if you could share your thoughts with me, that would be great.

I'll keep you guys posted on the process. I am excited to read through this message board to get ideas, encouragement, and recipes. Have a blessed day everyone.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Singing!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

The article took quite a few liberties with Roger's program.  (i.e. - there's barely a resemblance)  If in doubt, follow the book.  In the beginning you eat whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that it.  But it is important to eat until you are really FULL every time.  Then after a while on Let's Do Lunch, you will find you are so full and satisfied, you will stop being hungry between meals. 

Don't worry about the recipes making more than you can eat.  I guarantee you that hubby and the youth will gobble up any excess.!

Gwen
ImageImage
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

Gwennaford wrote:Hi Singing!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

The article took quite a few liberties with Roger's program.  (i.e. - there's barely a resemblance)  If in doubt, follow the book.  In the beginning you eat whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that it.  But it is important to eat until you are really FULL every time.  Then after a while on Let's Do Lunch, you will find you are so full and satisfied, you will stop being hungry between meals. 

Don't worry about the recipes making more than you can eat.  I guarantee you that hubby and the youth will gobble up any excess.!

Gwen

Thanks Gwen, I have been reading this message board since I posted this message and I cannot stop smiling. I am so excited and am truly blessed that there is this community of people who are out there to help. This is GREAT! Again, thank you.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Congratulations Roger with Thanks to our LORD for guiding you and us on this journey. It doesn't surprise me that the program and books are doing so well. I'm a very logical person and when I read the FIRST article what struck me most was "eating the biggest meal of the day in the middle of the day". I live in central MN in a farming community. Typically farm families eat their big meal in the middle of the day, light breakfast then out to do chores. The livestock come first. When the chores are done everyone has worked up quite an appetite, hence the large middle of the day meal and then back to work until dark and later. Consequently a light supper and to bed.  Sounds like LDL to me :thumbsup:!  God Bless your continue success and ours, In Christ Love, Elayne :rose: *hug*
crochet 62

Post by crochet 62 »

Just wanted to let you know this article in First was the reason I ordered your book and I am very happy with my results so far.  I have read, reread, and reread and just about to pass the book to my daughter who is interested in giving this a try.  My favorite part of the whole eating program is the fact that I can eat popcorn which has always been problem for me since so many diets limit or shun popcort altogether!  And because I know I can have it, I have only wanted it once!  There is no desire already for sweets with the wide variety of lovely fruits I have at my fingertips.  Thank you so much for the book and encouragement!
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

I have to agree, Crochet - a lot of what I can eat with LDL, I couldn't eat at all or only a very small portion. My husband called me a popcorn eating fool last night  :laughing: . I too have found that my sweet tooth is gone. I find that I am not strolling to the pantry and frig looking for something to nibble on! I am so glad that I picked up the magazine and read the article.  It was because of this article that I searched the web and found this site, ordered the book, and here I am. I enjoy this eating style! It doesn't take a rocket scientist too see how much this truly makes sense!