Hi. I'm a new member and need some advice and directions

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
dj goose
New, but learning

Re: Hi. I'm a new member and need some advice and directions

Post by dj goose »

I am another newbie and have never post on a message board :blush:.  I read the article in first magazine last week and bought my fruits yesterday.

Ordered the book this morning and will follow some of the links :D.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tabm96

Post by tabm96 »

Hey all,

Also a newbie due to the First article. I found my books at a Christian bookstore online before I found the website. However, I have a feeling I will be ordering several more for family and friends! I would love to have a partner. For accountability and support. I however am 31 years to the very old. I am a single mother of two VERY energetic kids. In November, I had two discs removed and replaced in my neck. And over Easter was in the hospital for a week, finally to have my gall bladder removed. I am 31!! And since the first third of my life did not turn out so well... I would like to get things straightened out for the next two thirds!!  :D Just got my book in the mail today. Am ready to board the train. I am in sunny SWFL, and would like to start to enjoy all of this sun and life with my kids. With a desire and an energy comparable to theirs. I got my book, and took the cover off, and unlike i was brought up, the first thing I did was opened the binding ALL the way. Creased it back. This book is going to be very used and loved. It will probably get some recipe stains on the pages. But for the first time since I can remember, I truly believe that this book will be used to it's full benefit. Thank you Roger for having the courage to give us your story and hope. And thank you Father, for giving us all this gift through him. I have hope. And dare I say, a little bit.... excited??!! (any young kid meal suggestions would be great)
tabm96

Post by tabm96 »

Mary,

Thank you for your encouragement! I am in Fort Myers. I am just so refreshed this morning. I had grapefruit, and coffee with no milk. I would love to get involved with a group of people. I also know that I am close to Mr. Wilson. And if there are times that he needs volunteer help, I would be happy to be involved in that way also. I love that it feels like a family on here. You all are wonderful.
gailmiller2009

Post by gailmiller2009 »

Hi Pat!
  Thanks for the words of encouragement to Chipmunk and I!  I have just finished reading all of the LDL book tonight, and am ready to get started.  I have lost 17 lbs on Atkins since February, and it was easy for me to do for the most part... BUT... I really missed the fruit!!!  And, it was getting boring so I knew that I would not be able to stay on it for a lifetime.  Now that I can have my protein, veggies and fruit again (AND BEANS!!! Yeah!!!) I am ready for the summer of slimming!!!  Older women do it better!!!! LOL ( Just kidding for you younger girls!)  :rolleyes:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Hey, us older "girls" rock!!!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

onafox
New, but learning

Post by onafox »

Hi everyone.  Guess this sounds like a littany.  I, too,  read the First article and immediately sent for the book.  The response was FAST and even autographed.  How good does it get?  Anyway, I started the book one week ago and have dropped 6 pounds in one week.  This is the lowest weight I have been in over 1 year.  I know because I have been using my Wii Fit for exercise and it records your weight and BMI for 1 year. 
I hope to lose 50 pounds and be more fit by the end of the year.  I am turning 54 this year and am very active with my horses and keeping up with chores.  My knees and ankles need to have the weight taken off of them.  A couple of years ago I was able to get down into the 170's but that did not last long...  I got there by starvation.  I have done Adkins, calorie counting, etc.  This diet seems so much more smarter than the rest.  I hope to be svelte like the rest of you soon  :thumbsup:
My sister and husband are involuntarily on the diet too...  we will see what happens to all 3 of us!
Regards,
Ona
Central Texas
Where's the Beans?

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Ona!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch from Clearwater, Florida.  It sounds like you are active and getting fit.  LDL is a fantastic addition to your healthy lifestyle.  Hubby and sis are bound to benefit, too.  Even if they don't have weight to lose they will enjoy the wealth of delicious foods you will be having.

I enjoy Wii bowling and golf with my husband (and kids where they are here).  I try whacking at the baseball, too.  I'm getting better at timing my swing, but am still having trouble aiming where I hit the ball.

Congratulations on your immediate success  I am so glad you have the book.  Let us know if you have any questions.

God bless you,
Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
onafox
New, but learning

Post by onafox »

Ok, you asked.  But first, thank you for the kind welcome.  My sister needs to lose about 20 lbs (she is 62) and husband needs to lose about 50, too (also 62).  We eat meals together and I hope that this will help them even if they are not as diligent as I am.
Here is the question..
I really like Activia Light to put my fruit in.  I have tried to make it with much less activia than before and that is still tasty.  I find that it is a nice dressing with added benifits  *lipssealed* if you know what I mean.
Any thoughts on the use of this light yogurt since it is a dairy product?  I only eat it in the morning.
Ona
Where's the Beans?

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Honestly, Ona, unless they make a sugar-free, fat-free version, I would try to phase out the Activia, unless it is ordered by your doctor.  You should always follow your doctor's advice.  Having a spoonful of a non-fat plain yogurt with your breakfast fruit occasionally would be okay.  I think you will be astonished and delighted with how quickly your digestive health improves by eating the Let's Do Lunch (LDL) way. 

The principle of LDL is to wake up your body and boost your metabolism by consuming as much fruit and all-fruit smoothies as you can for breakfast, avoid eating anything heavy late in the day, and end the day with fruits and vegetables.  Try to incorporate corn, peas, beans and lentils in some form into every meal.  Every recipe benefits from the addition of whole or mashed beans.  Some people are bothered by excess gas for a few days until your body adjusts to its new way of eating, but a little Beano usually takes care of it.

This method of eating naturally takes the burden off your digestive system because you don't have a bunch of heavy protein lying around in your intestines all night.  The fruit burns off quickly, allowing you to be hungry enough to eat a big hearty lunch with your serving of heavy protein selection (lean beef, skinless boneless chicken or turkey breast), beans and vegetables, leaving you full and satisfied through the rest of the day.  If you get hungry again, a light dinner of bean soups, salads, fruits, fruit smoothies, and/or vegetables will satisfy you without burdening your body with a heavy meal to digest all night long.  If fruit alone isn't enough to carry you until lunch, occasionally add eggs, fish and/or bean soups. 

At first, you are supposed to eat until FULL, as much as you want, of ALL the acceptable foods, whenever you are hungry.  This doesn't mean nibble to take the edge off until mealtime.  You do not portion control on LDL.  This means EAT UNTIL YOU ARE FULL whenever you are hungry.  Soon you will stop being hungry between meals and will find you are feeling more satisfied with less food. 
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re Activia Light - Nutritional info

Post by Gwennaford »

Mary, I was surprised to find that the Activia Light is fat free & not as bad as I thought it was going to be on sugars as it is sweetened with Sucralose (which may or may not be the same as Splenda) ...

DANNON® ACTIVIA™ Light Strawberry
Serving Size: 4 oz; 113g
Amount Per Serving /  % DV*
Calories  70
Calories from Fat  0
Total Fat  0g
Saturated Fat  0g
Trans Fat  0g
Cholesterol  <5mg / 1%
Sodium  80mg / 3%
Potassium  220mg / 6%
Total Carbohydrates 13g / 4%
Dietary Fiber  3g / 12%
Sugars  8g
Protein  5g / 10%
Vitamin A  0%
Vitamin C  0%
Calcium 15%
Iron 0%
Vitamin D 0%
Vitamin E  0%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 4%
Riboflavin  15%
Niacin  0% 
Vitamin B6  0%
Folate  0%
Vitamin B12  0%
Biotin  0%
Pantothenic Acid 0%
Phosphorus 15%
Magnesium  4%
Zinc  4%
Selenium 0%

*%DV means % Daily Value based on a 2000-calorie diet
**Helps with slow intestinal transit when eaten daily for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. 

CULTURED GRADE A NON FAT MILK, STRAWBERRIES, INULIN, WATER, CONTAINS LESS THAN 1% OF FRUCTOSE, CORN STARCH, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NATURAL FLAVOR, KOSHER GELATIN, CARMINE (FOR COLOR), SODIUM CITRATE, MALIC ACID, SUCRALOSE

Contains the active cultures L.Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus and Bifidobacterium

Activia Light has 35% less calories and 50% less sugar than Regular lowfat yogurt.

Activia Light: 70 Calories, 8 or 9g Sugar (depending on flavor)

Regular Lowfat Yogurt: 110 Calories, 18g Sugar per 4oz
ImageImage
onafox
New, but learning

Post by onafox »

Thanks for the advice.  I just finished off the activia yesterday so I guess that is it.  Pass the beans, please.
Where's the Beans?

Libby
New, but learning

Post by Libby »

Hi-

I am also new.  I have the older version of the book (blue) and need to order the new one.  I have noticed that when I stay with the plan, although my weight is not down yet (it's about a week), my face looks thinner.  Today I was so starving that I had one unflavored brown rice cake with two eggs mid AM and my face has puffed up a lot even though that is not much food.  I guess that I shoud have stayed with beans or corn. 

But I am finding that I am always hungry and I often feel that I need more than fruit in the AM.  Is that normal at the beginning?  I already do not eat bread because of a gluten intolerance.  But it is still an adjustment to get off rice, oats, and potatoes.  How long until you find that a) you start to lose and b) you can begin to eat according to the program and basically at only your three meals? 

Thanks -

Libby
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

Hi everyone, I am new to this wonderful site. Like so many here, I found out about LDL through the First magazine. I have just gotten the book and read it once. I plan to sart tomorrow morning and I am very excited. My fear is, I am going to get hungry and want to snack.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
rosiem

Post by rosiem »

hi  i just broke my wrist and am at my family's mercy for food purchases.  when there is food in the house to support the diet--i do better and feel better than on any diet i have ever been on---keep trying.... remember to stay away from processed foods as much as possilbe...