Hi. I'm a new member and need some advice and directions

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
accwoody

Re: Hi. I'm a new member and need some advice and directions

Post by accwoody »

Hi i am also a new member and really started this LDL 4 days ago as I also read the article in First magazine then got the book from the library but now i think i need to order my own. I do have questions about how to make this work for a whole family though. My oldest daughter has been overweight for many years and  when i read this it was truly an answer to prayer because we have literally tried everything. So how do i keep my family on board without them getting bored. I could eat this way all the time but my girls are not big fans of beans,,,,so how do i keep them interested in this?? they do love smoothies, but they cannot eat them 24/7. Advice from those of you have done this with entire family...i would love to hear how you did it.
Thanks
Amy :thumbsup:
Last edited by accwoody on June 25th, 2009, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Hi. I'm a new member and need some advice and directions

Post by patsyfay »

Amy,

Make sure you add some white, rinsed, drained beans to those smoothies.  That will keep the cravings at bay and they will not be looking around for something else to eat right away.

Make big pots of regular chili and white chili (what is chili without beans?); make bean casseroles filled with veggies and lean meats, seasonings and broth (with all the meat and veggies, who's going to notice the beans?). All you need to do is vary the meat and veggies and you can serve something different every night.  Make up pots of vegetable soup and add beans and leftover meats (so many soups have beans in them, they won't notice!). Make Neet's Meatloaf or Pot Roast and serve with butter bean Betatoes with vegetables on the side.  Once they try these, they won't want them made any other way!

Make pizza soup and taco soup (by this time, they won't care if the beans are in there!).  All these things have beans in them and that will help to stabilize the blood sugars and keep them from constantly looking for a snack. Make up lots of salads loaded with a variety of lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, red onion, olives, peppers, garbanzo beans and grilled meat on top. Serve the dressing on the side and dip your fork before each bite.

Make up hummus and serve it as a snack with vegetables or corn thins. Top the corn thins with fat free cheese and top with a slice of tomato and "nuke" it just long enough to start the cheese to melt.  Yummy!! Make lots of popcorn!!! They can eat all they want.

Remember that when you begin LDL you are to eat all you want whenever you want until you get your cravings under control. When that happens, your girls will love all this food and actually ASK for it!!!

God's blessings as you begin and stay on the boards for information and support!!

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on June 25th, 2009, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.