"Let's Do Lunch" Blue Book Being Sold on Amazon.com for $103 to $147 EACH!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
shack1959

Re: "Let's Do Lunch" Blue Book Being Sold on Amazon.com for $103 to $147 EACH!

Post by shack1959 »

I actually buy books on Amazon because they usually have the best price I can find.  I ordered one of the LDL books a couple of weeks ago for $14 plus $3.99 shipping and then
ordered another one from this site because of the recipe cards and the fact that charities benefit from the sales.  One copy for me and one for my Mom.

I couldn't agree with you more - that is nuts but I have seen it lots of times on that site in particular.  Basic case of "supply & demand" in a free economy.

I am just thankful I have gotten my copies and have gotten started on the program.  Not even a week in and I already feel better.  Not only that, I can tell a big difference
in my complexion.  It is almost like a light has turned on and my skin has a glow. 

thank you for taking the time to write it all down and sharing your successful plan with us all.
God Bless,
Terry
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hmmm, I'm thinking if we sold my blue books on Amazon we could afford a Vita-Mixer for your wife;-)

Ya think I get like this when my blood sugar gets too low or something...I'm really not the kind to make this kind of comment but couldn't resist;-)

Blessings,
Julie
Last edited by LovinLDL on May 26th, 2009, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Roger,

from the posts I've read since signing up, I'm not surprised that your book is selling on Amazon for over $100.00 - sounds like it's worth a million. Eljayne :blink:
Kayleen
New, but learning

Post by Kayleen »

Good one, Julie!  You'd think Roger would just break down and buy his wife the darned Vita-Mix, wouldn't you?  I have a feeling, once she's seen mine in action in a couple of weeks time, he'll end up being the proud new owner of the best blender in the world.

Mary

Wish I could afford a Vita-Mix...I have had to take back 2 blenders since I started LDL...I had one from when I got married 17 years ago that finally died in March and had just been putting off buying another one until I found LDL and immediately went out and got one.  It was a Black & Decker and the first time using it stripped the plastic gear on the bottom.  So I took it back and went to another store and bought another one and the screws on the inside kepts coming undone every time I used it...I was afraid I was going to cut myself putting it back together after each use.  So I bought a magic bullet...although I wish it made more and everything has to be in little chunks it works fine otherwise.  I have just decided that is my portion control and if I want another I can just make another one.  Both of them that I had purchased were in the $40 range...including the magic bullet. 

I am just curious what type of blender others are using.

Kayleen
junsam

Post by junsam »

I use the Magic Bullet and I love it. I bought mine about 6 years ago and it is more powerful than the ones they are selling now.  I don't know why they changed them?
    Dorothy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I went through three blenders in about a month before purchasing a 20yo Vitamix which lasted a couple of years before we burned up the motor from almost daily use.  I would doubt there is anything else that will do smoothies for eight on a regular basis.  Aug. 5th is the big count down on my replacement and it's a good thing too....I have mutiny at my house tonight...Everyone wanting ice cream and I don't think they mean the LDL kind!  It's been years since we have had the other kind in the house!...don't worry, I'm not budging but will be glad to have a Vitamix in the house again soon.

Blessings,
Julie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I agree - I love LDL ice cream and I make mine in an older model Hamilton Beach Blender. The pitcher is made of glass and the blades are metal. Although it makes some intense noises when I put in frozen watermelon it gets the job done well. I'm still considering purchasing the blender that Montel Williams is promoting on his infomercial. Interested in any input anyone may have on that one. God Bless All, Lynda