New to Bulletin Boards

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Kero
New, but learning

New to Bulletin Boards

Post by Kero »

Hi! I am new to posting to the bulletin board community. I First (pun definitely intended  :D) read about LDL in the magazine and was eager to give it a try, having just completed a cleansing detox and wanting to find a healthier way of eating and living. My weight, which had never been a problem until I turned 60, has gradually gotten higher and began creating health issues. A completely unexpected job layoff in March pushed my eating over the edge and my weight out of control. My doctor was adament that I needed to get my blood pressure down and my cholesterol levels back to normal ranges, but I was not in an emotional place to deal with any of that.

When I was finally to take a look at where I was going and where I wanted to be, I knew I had to make some changes. I love how the Spirit of God works to bring into our lives exactly what we need at exactly the time we need it! I was encouraged to go on the Stanley-Burroughs Master Cleanse to detoxify my system and help prepare me to make healthier choices about what I chose to put in my body thereafter. Even though losing weight was not part of my motivation for the detox, I did lose about seven pounds. When I completed the detox, I had no desire to revert to eating all the dairy and carbs I'd been loading up on and was considering Weight Watchers to continue the weight loss. I went to the market to stock up on "low-point" food when I found the magazine; reading the article resonated so completely with me that I stocked up on fruit and veggies instead and started LDL the next day. Even though I could not find the book in any store in town, there was enough information in the article to make a good beginning. I was able to follow the guidelines even during a week's trip for my son's wedding and came home with another two pound loss! While I was in Tucson, I found the revised publication of LDL and have followed the plan since. I have now lost 22 pounds altogether and have 15 more to go! Losing the weight has made it possible for me to move my body more, and I've joined a fitness club paid for by my medicare supplement plan; I have more energy, dropped one size, and feel good about myself for the first time in six years! I am thankful every day that I found this program and when people ask me how I've lost weight, I enthusiastically share the LDL story with them!
isthis4me

Re: New to Bulletin Boards

Post by isthis4me »

Welcome to LDL, the boards and to your new YOU  :rose:

I am sure Roger will ask you to, so I will jump the gun, go to the success stories and post your story there as well if you would, please  :thumbsup:

So glad to have you hear
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
heretotheend

Re: New to Bulletin Boards

Post by heretotheend »

Kero, welcome to the LDL family.....yours is another success story........glad to have you here

Cookie