Hello Everyone

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Sugarsweet

Hello Everyone

Post by Sugarsweet »

I am new to this site, I just purchased the blue book.  My daughter and I started the plan on Monday, but we have yet to find out how much weight to expect to lose weekly.  Could someone help us out here?
Shera

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Shera »

Welcome!
My daughter and I are doing this together too.  :D
I think how much you lose each week will depend on how much you have to lose and how closely you follow the plan.
I have lost 24.5 lbs in 2 months and my daughter has lost more than that.
I'm sure you will enjoy being here on the boards as everyone is very helpful and fun.

Sheral
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome to LDL.....I agree with Shera and some just lose faster or slower than others.......if you follow the plan  as written you will have success....I have tried them all and can truthfully say that this has been the easiest for me......since you have the blue book you need to e-mail roger@letsdolunch.com to get the updates that are in the new red book..........he will e-mail these to you

Good luck on your trip to Skinnytown,

Cookie
Last edited by heretotheend on August 5th, 2009, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Some of us, including me, have taken the attitude that this is our permanent way of eating and that all the excess weight will come off in its own time and that this isn't a race, but a journey to health.  That said, I had lost 20# at the 2 month mark and will report August 25th on how my 3 month weigh-in goes.  My clothes continue to get looser, I am "closet shopping" for previously outgrown items to fit my trimmer body, and people are noticing that I've lost weight.  Life is good!! :thumbsup:!!  I love this WOE, am never hungry, can eat a variety of delicious, satisfying foods, and look and feel so much healthier.  Best wishes on your journey to Skinnytown.  Pam
Sugarsweet

Post by Sugarsweet »

Thank Y'all for responding.  Went shopping today for groceries and have already made a mistake.  I bought lean pork chops and then read where we are not supposed to have pork.  I mistakenly thought I read a recipe where Polander Jelly was used in fixing the chops.  Learning everything is going to take time.  I am so used to being on the low carb diet, my mind is in a whirlspin.  :shock:
Shera

Post by Shera »

Some people on LDL do eat pork but I believe it is the tenderloin. What ever the leanest cut is for sure.
  Some people don't eat pork for religious reasons, same goes for shell fish.
I would go ahead and cut any fat off the chops and have them anyway, if it was me, cause I just don't believe in wasting food, or money.
Then next time you shop take your LDL book with you, it has a master list of recommended foods.  :D
Shera

Post by Shera »

I should have added that I don't eat meat at all so I am only repeating what I read here. Hope I haven't confused anything......and if I have I know someone will come along and set us straight.
That's the good thing about this board, people are always here to help.  :thumbsup:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Welcome Sugarsweet and Daughter  :thumbsup: -- Don't hurry a good thing! 

Both my husband and I have been on LDL for a month and this is the best thing since ....... (fill in the blank). 
I am 67 years old and have been a yo-yo dieter, trying one diet after another since I have been 17 years old.  But, LDL is the only eating plan (not a diet) that I believe is healthy and sustainable. I am not concerned how fast I lose weight, but that I lose weight without starving myself, measuring or weighing what I eat, or limiting myself to only certain types of food.  Of course, there are some cravings that must be eliminated, but they are they ones that aren't good for you to begin with. 

Enjoy your new journey!

VickiLynn
Sugarsweet

Post by Sugarsweet »

Thanks Y'all,
I really appreciate the good advice especially about taking the book with me next time :)
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Sugar and welcome to LDL.  How are you doing with the program?

If you have not done so already, please check out the food journals of some of the members. This is a great way to get a ton of support and the food police are always monitoring the journals. If you have one, you will always be sure that you are on track.  :thumbsup:

To your question, take a look at the success stories and you will see that weight loss varies. In addition to that, it is not easy to compare since we do not know the age, weight or medical conditions of some of the members who posted.

I lost about 15 lbs in the first month and some have lost 10 and others 20 or more. What really matters is that you PLAN your week of eating in advance and make sure you have plenty of choices to eat. This is critical. If you do this, you are assured success bc you will not need to do anything else but follow the guidelines.

Hope to hear about your progress soon,

Julie :rose: