WE ARE BOOKED ON "THE 700 CLUB" for October 28th!!!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: WE ARE BOOKED ON "THE 700 CLUB" for October 28th!!!

Post by Joyful Friend »

RTW and Neets, We thank you for what you  have done for us.  I praise my heavenly Father for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful way of eating that give me many benefits---weight loss, better health, more energy, great foods, no raving hunger, and many new friends on the boards. I am hopeful that many of my relatives and friends will be joining us, soon.  :D :D :D Joyful Friend
Kitkat88

Post by Kitkat88 »

This is the way I found out about Roger!  My father and I saw the segment last week and now we are on LDL this week together!  I was able to find the book and my Dad is still waiting for his to come in.  Roger your story is so inspirational to us that we had to find out how you did it.  My dad ate so much fruit last night I thought he'd burst.  This morning he is feeling great and is off playing golf which is what he loves to do. We have both struggled with our weight through the years.  We live in Virginia Beach hope you had a great visit here and got to see the ocean!  I am glad your story is getting out and is helping so many others like us!
Kathy
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

KitKat, WELCOME.  You will enjoy the ride to Skinnytown with your Dad.  My hubby likes to play golf.  He played today.  He came home hungry, and he ate Pizza soup with me.  I put ff cheese in mine and he had regular.  He likes all the good foods that I make except squash  and eggplant dishes.  I don't mind that because it leaves more for me.  : :laughing: If you have questions, just ask and friends from the boards will answer.  You will enjoy this WOE.  Joyful Friend
jkate

Post by jkate »

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and encouragements! I am learning how to maneuver these boards and finally found where I had originally posted! I will get there. To answer whoever asked me if I had miracle whip with my tuna - I did use some grape seed oil vegenaise, onions and one small dill pickle chopped.

So if I keep posting what I am eating I will get help and comments on what is right and wrong? That would help me a bunch. I am 1/2 way through the book already and really haven't had much time to read but don't want to put it down once I pick it up and can already tell that I will be reading it again as to "soak" in how this all works!

I am used to weighing in every morning and that will be hard for me to not check the scales daily.
Last edited by jkate on November 6th, 2009, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
]
[/url]]
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Roger, I don't know if they rerun their segments.  I do know the link to see your "Skinny Wednesday" segment is still available.  http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.a ... _102809_WS

I just emailed it to a friend. :)
God bless,
mrsj
jkate

Post by jkate »

Crickadoddle ~ Thanks for your tips that I received today in my email. Appreciate any helpful information since I am so new with all this and that is how I will probably do it to see what is affecting what.

B - pineapple (whole 16 oz container)
S - grapes (after my 3 mile walk)
S - haloween candy *evil* that evil just crept in they were on the table - I have since removed them!
L - BBQ roast - (no bread) and a salad with a little ranch dressing
D - more grapes and ate some Frito's chips but know I shouldn't have - didn't even really want them just knew they were there!

I am finding it very hard to not eat between meals and I was definitely addicted to sugar. I am embarrassed to say this but I could eat a whole can of eagle brand milk (by itself!) when I would get a sugar craving! I know that is crazy!!!! So I say all that to say it may take a little more help for me than most - I'm afraid.
]
[/url]]
jkate

Post by jkate »

Little Mary ~ Thank you so much  for your response. No I have not checked out the FAQ on beans - as I said previously somewhere I am trying to maneuver my way around these boards but I will and try to get some cooked. Tomorrow I have my DGD all day and have to take her to two birthday parties then to a singing tomorrow night so probably won't get them cooked tomorrow. I did buy lots of fruit yesterday and have been eating a lot more than I usually do.

Roger ~ I have seen segments rerun on the TBN  before but not sure about the 700 Club though but would love it if something as interesting as your show appears again! We can hope!
]
[/url]]
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

JKate, When I started LDL, I really was certain that I would gain because I ate so much.  You mentioned having roast for lunch.  I would have roast, a salad, a can of corn, a helping of beans,  and also peas and carrots.  It was the first time in my life that I wasn't hungry when on a diet.  I ate and ate and ate.  At the end of the week, I had dropped several lbs.  I continued to eat that way, and little by little I became less hungry.  I started making the recipes on the boards.  This is not a diet, but a woe that gives us freedom over food.  You can do it, just eat the LDL friendly foods in abundance.  It's the first time in my life that I feel I will not gain my weight back.  I am so thankful to God for allowing me to enjoy the wonderful fruits and vegetables that He created for us to enjoy. All the people on the boards are so good to help with encouragement and ideas. *hug* *hug*Joyful Friend
jkate

Post by jkate »

Joyful Friend ~ Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! Wow that IS a lot of food - I will have to get used to that but that will be fun doing. ;D I know - eat until I'm full - I am learning! I just started and am already Loving this sight - Praise the Lord!

Roger Troy ~ Thank you for your words of wisdom and sharing all THIS with all of us that are struggling with our weight. Like I said I just started this WOE and have had some slips but just looking at the cover of your book encourages me everyday now. We have our own grass fed beef in the freezer and any fat I do cut off before eating. I also just love not having to count calories or fat grams or carbs! Praising God for your unselfish WOL (way of living!) and following HIS WILL.
]
[/url]]
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Amen!  :) :rose:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roger, I'm very careful with the beef I choose to eat.  In fact, I cut most of the fat away before I roast it.  My steaks are not fat.  I don't eat much red meat even though we have our own.  I find since I can have all the beans, corn, and peas that I want, I eat a whole lot less meat.  I feel so much better and my energy level is so much greater.  I am not sleepy when I sit down to relax.  I am so grateful . Joyful Friend
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

The beans have helped me so much with cravings!  *love*
For decades I have wanted to not eat sugar (and chocolate bars & desserts) but was not able to consistently stop eating them.
I also would get such a craving for bread and am amazed when I am on LDL that I don't miss my bread  :) .
A professional friend of mine calls sugar "white death"!  ;) This is HUGE to me that I have been able to cut it out of my life!! And a wonderful answer to prayer!  :angel:  :) This is so encouraging to me! (And that I don't have to count calories etc. - I never could keep doing that type of thing for very long  :blush: ) Long term (and short term  :happy: ) I know this will be a wonderful blessing to my health!!

Thanks again!!!  :rose:
Bethann
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I'm so glad mrsj posted the link to this program.  It was great to have the chance to see Roger and hear the enthusiam in his voice when he talks about LDL!
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
Sharlet2808
New, but learning

Post by Sharlet2808 »

Please tell me I can somehow watch this online.  I don't have a tv at this point.

I would love to see it.

Sheila
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWDBsfw/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Try this link:
http://shop.cbn.com/cbn/item.Lets-Do-Lu ... 229391.htm

Scroll down past the book. The video will load (eventually if you have S L O W dial-up)
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...