WE ARE BOOKED ON "THE 700 CLUB" for October 28th!!!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: WE ARE BOOKED ON "THE 700 CLUB" for October 28th!!!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- You were so inspiring.  What a great job you did getting the word out to a national audience.  Welcome to any 700 Club viewers to this great, delicious, and effective way of eating for health and weight loss.  You will love the plan and these wonderful people on the message boards.  Pam
SandyK

Post by SandyK »

Hi,

I just found out about this eating plan today watching 700 Club and have some questions.  Are grains allowed on this meal eating plan?  How about fruit?  Are only low GI index fruits allowed?

Thanks,
Sandy
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* Just saw the show and was so impressed with all that Roger T got in about the LDL way of eating.  I am so glad that I am now in control of my eating habits and cravings. I wish I had known about this before, but was not to be.  Every day is exciting  and I feel thinner even in such a short time.
Thanks for the help on the board too. You all are amazing!
Kathie in Fl
[
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome, Sandy --  Grains are not so much allowed, but fruit is encouraged.  Instead of grains (which have very little protein) you get your starchy carbohydrates from beans. 

The program in a nutshell is to eat fruit for breakfast -- lots of it. Fruit helps you overcome refined sweets cravings. Lunch is the big meal of the day (hence the title Let's Do Lunch)  and the only meal to eat a complete protein like lean meat, fish, white meat poultry, etc.  Also, beans are encouraged and there are so many delicious recipes for soups with lots of beans in them.  Beans help you overcome refined starch cravings.  You eat veggies at lunch too.  Dinner is done differently by different people.  Personally, I eat just fruit, as I've found this to help me lose weight the fastest.  The main idea is to eat veggies or fruit and if that doesn't hold you or satisfy, eat a soup with beans.  You want to eat light at night (by light I mean no complete protein).  You sleep at night and your heaviest meal shouldn't be at this time, because you don't need so many calories to sleep -- right?

Now, sometimes it is impossible for some people to eat their biggest meal at lunch and it is allowed for you to switch lunch with dinner.  I've done this on occasion when we had an evening planned with friends at a restaurant.  I don't lose as well this way, but you have to live in this world.  It's important to read the book to understand the whole concept.  I got mine at Christian Book Distributors for about $17 plus shipping and you don't get the laminated recipe cards -- but the recipes are in the book.
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 28th, 2009, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SandyK

Post by SandyK »

Thank you for filling me in.  I'm glad that this way of eating is working for you.

Sandy
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I just saw the 700 Club show online.  Here's the link: http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=700club
This shows the complete hour show and you can also jump directly to a specific time in the program.  To see Roger's segment, go to 25:13.  Hope that makes sense.

Hi to SandyK...........and to any 700 Club viewer that visits here!

My favorite thing about eating the unprocessed, real foods according to the Let's Do Lunch plan is having my cravings go away.  You may not believe how easy it is to pass on the fattening foods until you experience it.  I am still surprised.  I've found eating this way gives me better control of my weight.  Not eating this way, I start to gain.
Also, I love the delicious recipes.  Anyone not sure about this I encourage you to just give it 3 months.  You will be surprised at the difference 3 months can make.
God bless,
mrsj
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi Sandy,

You're going to love this way of eating. I'm really the only one in my family doing the plan but my husband and sons love the recipes.

I knew it was really working last Friday night when my husband decided to order a pizza from a Sicilian family restaurant down the street. When he brought it home it smelled delicious as always but I wasn't tempted to have a piece...not even a bite.

CQ
rodie

Post by rodie »

Thanks mrsj,I'm glad you put the link up as I did not know how to find what channel I could get the 700 club on my TV in Minnesota.Thanks again,and by the way Roger you LOOKED GREAT and did an AWESOME job.

Hugzzz
Rodie :)
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

You're welcome rodie!  I was glad CBN offered it to us online because I sure didn't want to miss this show.
Roger and Neets looked good.......and so did the food! :drool:
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Roger, You were wonderful on the show. you and Neets look great. I am so excited and grateful that you were able to get your message out to a wider audience about LDL. I hope any newbies out there are inspired by the great success we are all having.

Congratulations!

Julie :rose:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sandy, Welcome.  Crickadoodle filled you in, and MrsJ is so right to say give it 3 months.  I just want to weep because I just couldn't lose, and now I'm not hungry and my clothes are way too big.  I've dropped 3-4 sizes.  It is a wonderful way of eating, and the encouragement we get from one another.  Joyful Friend
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Awesome show, RT.  *love*

It was so good to see you and Neets.  Even my DH watched it with me.  I also taped it in case I run into someone who wants to see it along with my praising it (even my DH praises it for what I have lost) (But I can't get him to "totally" do LDL, but he has changed his way of eating (more fruits & veggies & less protein  :D ) and he has lost weight, too)  :D  By the way, I now Have to make the lasagne and burgers (my DH wanted to know why I was "hiding" the recipes.  Not Hiding, I just haven't had time to make All of them yet). 

Can't wait to meet you and Neets in person.  Ft. Myers area on Sunday!  :D

*hug*
Ginny
linsteve

Post by linsteve »

I seen you on the 700 Club,just ordered your book,until it arives i will use your recipes from the show,i am so excited to lose this fat belly!!!!Praise the Lord,God bless all
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome, Linstev, You will enjoy this (woe )Way of Eating.  It is the best way to eat healthy and lose.  I'm so satisfied.  Ask as many questions as you want,and the board members will answer.  Enjoy, Joyful Friend
jkate

Post by jkate »

Hi everyone

I saw you Roger Troy on the 700 Club and went out and bought the book! - I have been picking the book up to read every chance I can! This morning I ate fruit and fruit and fruit - pineapple then banana then a whole apple! Seems like lots to eat but ate till I was full then for lunch fixed tuna and salad with avocado. I understand I need to eat protein for lunch so tuna it was. I am excited to get to losing as you have done! Thanks for sharing.
]
[/url]]
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

jkate, welcome to LDL and this new way of eating (woe)!  It is so different than anything you have ever been on--lots of fruits and beans which typically have been a no-no in other diet plans.  Fruits and beans will cure your cravings for sweets and starches.  Amazing how that works.  You're off to a good start but hope you didn't have a lot of mayo with that tuna  :tongue: 

You may want to consider starting your own journal where members are very good at reading and giving you tips.  When you get your book, be sure to read chapters 2-6 several times.  I know you'll love LDL like we do! 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome Jkate- You are going to love LDL and this discussion group.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jkate, You will love this woe.  It is so different from diets that I have done.  I eat three fruits for breakfst-usually in a smoothie.  Before, those three fruits were spread out over a day and that's all the fruit I ate.  Now, I get to have as much as I want.  It takes the cravings away for sugar products.  Peas, corn and beans take the cravings away for pizza, breads, and pasta.  This way of eating is such a healthy plan with great benefits.  We will arrive in Skinnytown and have a celebration.  NICE TO HAVE YOU WITH US, Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome Linsteve and Jkate -- I've been eating this way for 4 months and plan to make this my normal way of eating for life.  It is so satisfying in every way.  I love the taste and I love the way it fills me up.  Of course, I love the way it has made me slim!  I am 5 lbs. from my goal weight, but already feel very slim and hear people calling me "Skinny."  Hadn't heard that name in a long time!  God is so good and I thank Him for rescuing RT and then placing it on RT's heart to share this WOE with all of us.