Take HEED to What I Said About Bread, Pasta, Potatoes & Rice

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Bethann
Master Member

Re: Take HEED to What I Said About Bread, Pasta, Potatoes & Rice

Post by Bethann »

I've sure found this to be SO true! Without LDL I couldn't resist the bread and other things! As I have said before I am sure thankful for LDL!  :rose: It has been such an answer to prayer!!!!! I tried so many times and so many different kinds of diets for 26 years but Nothing else has worked for me!
Thanks for posting this! We all need to be reminded! :thumbsup:

May God bless you richly for sharing LDL and for your thoughtfulness and generosity!

(Littler Beth)  :)
(Littler by 30 plus pounds and looking forward to being littler yet!  :happy:  :happy:  :laughing: )
Bethann  :)
Last edited by Bethann on April 15th, 2010, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It is MUCH easier to resist eating a slice of bread when you imagine it is a slab of FAT.  Thanks for the visual, Roger Troy!  :rose:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Yes, Such an amazing visual  :shock:! Sure get's my imagination going!  :) Again, Thanks!  :thumbsup:
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I am no expert, but if anyone had told me, a few months ago, that I could have survived without bread and pasta without feeling like I would starve to death, I would have never believed it.    Thank you RT
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:

Scientists, doctors, nutritionists and dietitians just don't realize the above.
Even though there are less than 100 calories in a slice of bread (60 calories in some cases), I GUARANTEE you that these 100 or less calories, in general, are NOT burned & instead turn into pure fat in your body! That is, unless you are COUNTING calories, which we don't do with Let's Do Lunch.

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

My question to you and no I am not criticizing why would the slice of bread turn to pure fat in our body on LDL and not on a plan counting calories..  There has got to be a reason for this and I would like to see it spelled out..
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

lulu65,

The bread was turning to fat on the other plans that count calories. When we eat foods like bread, pasta, potatoes and rice, we have a spike in our blood sugar. Our bodies can only burn so much of the insulin, therefore, what's left is stored as fat.

On the plans that count calories, it's usually around 1200 for women and 1500 or a little higher for men. When you count calories to lose weight, you set a limit to make sure that you're body is going to dip into the fat stores (where your bread went) to make up for the calories actually needed to perform your daily task and the exercises that you've decided to do all of a sudden. That's how we lose weight...by burning stored fat. But, that's why they don't work in the long run. You're basically replacing the fat that you've been trying to lose by eating bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. If those plans didn't allow those foods, they'd work.

That's why LDL works. We're not replacing the fat that we're losing. And because we're eating the way we were meant to eat, there is no need to count calories.

CQ
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I became a lifetime member of Weight Watchers in 1972.  I was 1/4 lb under the weight, but they still took me.  I counted foods, but once I went off, I gained back even more weight.  That has been a cycle for me because I could never get rid of cravings.  With LDL, I get to eat all the food I want, my cravings are gone, and I look and feel much better.  It has been the best eating plan that I have ever done because it is not a diet, but a way of eating for life.  Just to be able to eat all the corn, peas, all kinds of beans (chick, lima, navy, pinto, northern, black, and others) made a real difference for me.  If one wants to eat the things that Roger warned against, go ahead and be hungry and never satisfied.  I am so grateful for LDL and Roger's advice.  I'm certain he can answer it better than I did.  It was a good question.   :D  Joyful Friend
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

The spike in the blood sugar is what causes the cravings. That's why after starting the LDL program, they eventually go away.

Before I started LDL I would often be working on site. Most of the hospitals have a food court now instead of the old cafeteria type setting. I would always get pretty much the same thing for lunch...a huge burger or chicken/fish sandwich with all the fixings, fries and an unsweetened iced tea. Even though it was a lot of food, I would be starving by the time it was dinner.

Now, I eat the same amount of food and sometimes more of only what's LDL approved. By the time dinner comes around I'm not really hungry. I have to make myself eat some fruit so that I don't wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on April 17th, 2010, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I did a Google search and I cannot find one site that says that all bread causes the same problem.. Rye seems to be an exception as does spelt..the white I can accept..
Last edited by lulu65 on April 17th, 2010, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Lion Lass

Post by Red Lion Lass »

lulu65,

How much weight did your mother gain when she was pregnant with you? Let me guess, not much.

Why are you trying to fix the wheel when it's not broken?

I tell you what, eat the bread since you're so determined to have it but don't expect to lose any weight. In fact, you'll probably gain.

Red Lion Lass
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Red Lion Lass wrote:lulu65,

How much weight did your mother gain when she was pregnant with you? Let me guess, not much.

Why are you trying to fix the wheel when it's not broken?

I tell you what, eat the bread since you're so determined to have it but don't expect to lose any weight. In fact, you'll probably gain.

Red Lion Lass

It seems to me there is no room for discussion here... I am asking where is your scientific or other proof a link of some kind that will confirm this..
There have been people on this plan who have eaten bread and still lost a great amount of weight.. that is why I ask ? 
No they did not eat the loaf  :laughing:. There are people who are gluten intolerant etc.. I understand all that there are people who are sensitive to grains ..I get that but to make the statement that the bread will turn to fat in your body UNLESS YOU ARE CALORIE COUNTING 
There is so much of this way of eating that is not new.. Eating biggest meal at noon was the norm in olden days.. and a light supper... but for some reason to ask questions here is not encouraged in fact ridiculed.. If you want to attract more people you need to keep an open mind...imo 

and furthermore red lion I never said I was or was not eating that bread.. I am really trying to understand "why"
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

lulu65,

When I mentioned bread in my previous post, I was talking about bread in general...not a specific type.

Yes, they did do a study that showed that rye bread did not cause an insulin spike as high as the other breads. It also did not cause a drop in the blood sugar like the others as well, therefore, did not cause any cravings. It was also proven that rye fiber actually helps to keep the blood sugar in check and was highly recomended for diabetic patients.

CQ
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Lulu
Everyone on LDL is free to try to eat what ever they want depending on how fast they want to lose weight.  But if you want to stay true to what worked for Roger then you will leave bread alone.  There doesn't seem to be many good reports on bread from any angle other then from those who feel you should eat bread.   So instead of being offended over eating or not eating bread why don't you for a month eat bread and see if you can prove that you can eat good healthy bread and lose weight.  That way you can scientifically prove or disprove what seems to be rising to a level of friction.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

lulu65,

I agree with Wendy. Try the rye bread and see what happens. Who knows, it may end up being an LDL approved item. When Roger was losing his weight he just cut out all bread together. He didn't experiment with certain ones.

CQ
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Thank you CQ...Exactly.. I was talking about the broad statement that all bread will turn into fat in your body..this statement is not entirely correct..It is an opinion... all bread is not created equal as I have been trying to say..Spelt is another one.. I am diabetic some of this things I was aware of also..
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

wendysgoodnews wrote:Lulu
Everyone on LDL is free to try to eat what ever they want depending on how fast they want to lose weight.  But if you want to stay true to what worked for Roger then you will leave bread alone.  There doesn't seem to be many good reports on bread from any angle other then from those who feel you should eat bread.   So instead of being offended over eating or not eating bread why don't you for a month eat bread and see if you can prove that you can eat good healthy bread and lose weight.  That way you can scientifically prove or disprove what seems to be rising to a level of friction.

I do not feel it is rising to a level of friction .. I am trying to have a discussion here about a statement that  I will not stuff that down my throat anymore than I would a piece of white bread  :laughing:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

lulu65,

I don't know that much about spelt other than it's a better alternative to wheat because most people can tolerate it even though they have problems eating wheat. I do know that it's recommended for patients that have migraines. My son has them and spelt bread was on the list of foods for him to eat. I also know that It's extremely high in fiber and that is one of the things we need to control our blood sugar but as far as how high a spike it causes, I've never seen any data on it.

CQ