When You First Read the Let's Do Lunch book, What Didn't You Believe?

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Dianalee

Re: When You First Read the Let's Do Lunch book, What Didn't You Believe?

Post by Dianalee »

Thanks Linda. I haven't done it yet. I need to have some pictures taken.  I had lunch with my brother and sister yesterday and they wanted to know "who are you and what have you done with my sister?"
Last edited by Dianalee on June 27th, 2010, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Danalee, that is great........YOU NEED TO SEND THOSE PICTURES. hOW MUCH MORE DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?      WITHER
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Dianalee- I am so dependent on these boards for support, information, and just generally being connected.  How do you do it without posting?  Are you a lurker?  Your success is fabulous.  You must be a new person.  I am really looking forward to seeing your pictures.  Congratulations :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:!!!!!!!!!!
aalwysl8

Post by aalwysl8 »

I have a hard time believing that I can eat all that food and lose weight. Will I really cut back on how much I eat eventually? I wonder if my blood sugar will go up eating all of these carbs- fruit, beans, etc. I want to believe this will work. My health depends on it. I just am fighting that "Doubting Thomas" voice in my head and the negative, pessimistic comments of others. Help! I really want to believe.
Thanks,
Aalwaysl8 :-)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome aalwysl8,
This so good it is true. Read the book over and over and do what it says. It is a work in progressand not everyone looses at the same rate. So if you run into a bump in the road, there are many on the message boards who have been there and can offer support and experience. It really does work, and when the weight starts falling off, others will wonder what you are taking or if you had "surger", LOL

Again welcome to this new life of being fit and healthy. Enjoy the ride on the train to Skinnytown.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

When I began doing LDL I was skeptical  but hopeful. I still haven't checked in on the weight loss but I am seeing the craving diminishing. I am in love with several of the recipes. I will do it and make my Father proud !
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I can't believe I never responded to this post!  Unless I missed my post somehow.

Well, when I first read the book, I so hoped it was true and somehow I was willing to give it a try because it was different than anything I'd tried before.  I guess I didn't believe I'd really get over the cravings for foods.  I didn't believe I could actually eat lots of real food and still lose weight.  I didn't believe I could lose weight quickly too.  I lost all the weight I wanted in about 6 months -- 50 lbs.

Now, I also like to know the science behind why it works and even though the book I have wasn't as scientific as others, I've read a lot from other sources that seem to be backing up the LDL way of eating.  Where the rubber meets the road is that it works.  Seeing is believing.  Better yet is EXPERIENCING IS BELIEVING!  I know many saw my results and joined me -- but when they experienced it too, they were really sold on it.  Some I've shared with haven't experienced the same results, but many of those haven't really followed the plan.  Knowing about it and doing it are two different things.  You won't get the awesome results, if you don't follow the plan. 

Oh, RT, when I taught about foods in science -- now this was 4th grade science -- the book stated that regular potatoes are actually an underground stem.  Sweet potatoes are considered a root, much like carrots, turnips, etc.  Not that that changes anything about what works for LDL. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Roger,

I remember when I read the First article - the thought I had was "This is it!".  LDL made sense to me.  Everything I had read before all seemed to culminate in your plan. I didn't hesitate for a moment and immediately bought the book. I believed in it. What I could not expect was how easy it was for me to go from eating highly processed foods to eating all fresh, healthy and nutritious foods.  The other unexpected thing was that I finally felt "Normal"  I had not ever felt that since I was about 11 - when it came to food. I was not ravenous all the time.  For the very first time, I was in control of my body and that was truly a miracle.  :angel:

Diana - Oh my gosh - how incredibly wonderful for you.  Congratulations on your fantastic success.  I wish you could find the time to write your success story for us and for anyone who may be starting out or who may be faltering.  It would mean so much - if you have done this already - sorry I haven't seen it.

Pam and Linda, I feel just like you guys when I am in the supermarket. I remember when I told you guys that story of the man following me around the farmer's market. In every aisle he asked me another question about how I prepared and cooked the butternut squash. I must have had a look of great joy when I was bagging them! :laughing:

Welcome aa - can't wait to hear more from  you - I know you will have great success bc now you have the key.

Julie :rose: