When You First Read the Let's Do Lunch book, What Didn't You Believe?

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: When You First Read the Let's Do Lunch book, What Didn't You Believe?

Post by barrypaxton »

Roger,
I did not believe that I could eat until I was stuffed and still lose weight. I had been doing WW for 5 years and every week I was told that the key to successful weight loss was "portion control". Boy, did you ever blow that out of the water!!!

Thank you so much for spreading the word about LDL!!

Many blessings to you and Neets and Mom.
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- You wrote with such a conviction that I believed everything you wrote would work for many people.  I did not, however, believe that it would work for me!  I had way too many failures in the past and thought my case was hopeless.  I am thrilled that I took the chance and that I was wrong.  It does work for me!  Pam
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Roger,

I, like Pam, was impressed that it worked for you, but couldn't let myself believe it would work for me. That's why I read your blue book a few years ago, then promptly put it on the shelf, where it sat until the middle of April of this year. I didn't think I could handle eating BEANS so much....I was not a big bean lover. Being a carb addict, I also couldn't imagine living without bread and milk. BUT it was the smoothies that got me. I have always loved smoothies, but had been brainwashed that all the fruit would spike my blood sugar, especially bananas (which I love). But then I got an email out of the blue in April advertising LDL. And I thought, "hmmm....I'm gonna take another look at this book." So I did another read-through, decided to give LDL an honest shot for at least a month, and set my start date as May 1, and I was off and running. I haven't had my first weigh-in yet, but after 21 days, I already feel stronger and more in control of the one area in my life that I could never get control of. And I really had a fear that it would soon kill me, and that perhaps I had waited too long to try to turn it around. But unbelievably, I can honestly say that since May 1, bread and milk have never crossed my mind. Amazing! And as you can tell my from posts, my blood sugars have stabilized. Also amazing! Roger, LDL is truly a gift from the hand of God to those of us who had lost hope. Thank you for being the messenger.

Blessings.
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Roger
When I began LDL I didn't have a problem with the eat all you can until full because I did Atkins for years.  But the part I didn't believe would really work was when the book said I would lose all cravings for sweets and breads.  I was so addicted for so many years I didn't think anything could bring control but within the first week the cravings were all gone.  It is a Miracle!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Roger, Thanks for asking.
I did not believe I could loose weight and eat all I wanted till full.  The other unbelievable thing was that I could eat till full of all the good unprocessed foods that you named, mainly beans, peas and corn as well as all fruits! I thought 'Wow if I can eat like that and loose weight, I might just be able to eat that way forever and thus keep the weight off''. Amazingly, that is what has happened. I lost 30 lbs from June 20, 2009 to Dec 20, 2009 and have kept it off till present This even with numerous travels! How great is that! I was so very skeptical but felt desperate to give it a try because it sounded too good to be true. I too had done Atkins but had not felt I ate all I wanted because I had to keep my carb intake under 35grams or I gained weight and in the end I gained with zero carb intake.
So glad I found such a healthy way of eating. Thanks for caring enough to share and for writing the book.
Bobbi 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roger, thanks again for LDL.  I did not believe that I could eat until satisfied and  lose weight.  It still blows my mind!  Today, I still have no cravings, and enjoy not being hungry.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

LDL is very new for me.  Eat until full and no cravings... now that was hard to believe.  I'm saying I started seriously on May 8 because that's when I began eating fruit for breakfast and dinner and LDL recommended proteins and veggies for lunch.  I am shocked that I can eat until full and lose weight.  I also see that already it takes less food for me to reach that full state.  Cravings??  There are none!  What a blessing.  Thank you!!

Jaye
Sharlet2808
New, but learning

Post by Sharlet2808 »

I never thought my outrageous cravings would ever silence.

It's amazing in a few short days I can already see a difference and when I read that they would really diminish, I was highly skeptical.

I'm a believer now.  And I have hope.

Thank You~!

Sheila
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWDBsfw/]
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I didn't believe it was possible to eat as much corn on the cob and fruit (especially bananas) I wanted and still lose weight.
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I did not and still do not believe one can eat all the fruit you want like for breakfast and supper.. and recently I have read on here some folks having some problems that are possibly caused by too much fruit or certain fruits..
Last edited by Anonymous on June 23rd, 2010, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Roger,

I didn't believe that I could eat soooo many starchy good carbs, mainly corn and beans, and still lose weight. I also wondered about the popcorn with evoo. And, of course, eating till stuffed, yes, stuffed,  was very unbelieveable to me. But LDL works!

Thank you again, Roger, for introducing us to this wonderful WOE.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I think LuLu was referring to a recent thread about certain citrus fruits being associated with increased incidence of urinary tract and/or yeast infections.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Lulu
I may be one that said I got a yeast infection from eat lots of citrus fruits and have backed off some.  It didn't mean I gave up on eating fruit or even eat less of them.  I eat lbs and lbs of fruit everyday with the wonderful watermelon, cantelope, apples, cherries, etc out there to satisfy that sweet tooth.  I have learned to love fruit and don't plan on quitting eating it any time soon.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I was referring to the acidic fruits that were giving some people problems , urinary and something else.. I forgot what I read..It is not just one person I believe there were a few..
I do eat fruit RT.. I do not eat sugar.. I go through a watermelon in about 3 days and I am alone in the house.. I also eat all kinds of berries.along with the watermelon, cherries etc.....Pineapple I think was one of the fruits giving some folks problems.. I try to go with fruits in season as they do tend to taste better. but that is .
I also learned something... it is better to eat your fruit first thing in morning... and wait two hours before anything else... reason fruit on top of heavy meal apparently ferments in body.. again after having heavy meal (5hrs perhaps ) as it goes through body in max 30 minutes..
I also look at Little princess saying that "she did not know she could eat so many starchy good carbs"  there is a limitation here. RT
I know you will not listen and it is OK.. I respect you.. I think it is important if you wish to keep the members (6000) not sure how many are still actively doing this plan to listen to what some say that seems to be a problem etc... You have nothing to defend.. It worked for you it is working for many on the board..
I also believe it is good to eat fruit every day.. not to skip a day.. and not to eat till you are ready to upchuck..
You asked a question I answered it...  it is not saying the LDL is not good I am just saying one size cannot fit all all of the time ..
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I didn't belive that you could eat all this food and loose weight. Also that you would loose your cavings. I thought if I follow this I would get fatter. It was the great people on the boards that convenced me I could loose too. Their success stories help more than they know.
Also Roger, I know you care and do listen your actions show that. So don't feel bad that is just one persons opinion.........I can't respect that :wrong: :wrong:  Wither
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I remember when I read the book I was wondering where the scientific studies were proving that this WOE works.  I think every other diet book I read includes a section detailing the science behind how it works.  If I hadn't witnessed first hand my co-workers who lost 20 pounds each this spring I would have been much more skeptical.
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

NoMoreLCforMe wrote:I remember when I read the book I was wondering where the scientific studies were proving that this WOE works.  I think every other diet book I read includes a section detailing the science behind how it works.  If I hadn't witnessed first hand my co-workers who lost 20 pounds each this spring I would have been much more skeptical.

well then maybe you can understand me.:).. and the beans I can only eat so many beans or I am totally bloated... I agree about the science behind it as I like you have read many many diet books..
It does not mean I think it is false... it is odd to me  :laughing: to say the least.. and I as a diabetic cannot eat all the fruits I want..