When You First Read the Let's Do Lunch book, What Didn't You Believe?

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
lulu65

Re: When You First Read the Let's Do Lunch book, What Didn't You Believe?

Post by lulu65 »

ok RT  who is the Dr....I have and have read the book.. I have not found the name of this nationally renowned Doc who was behind the science.. or basis of it..  is it is highly secretive and we are not supposed to know?  I think it might help sceptics like me or not really sceptics but just not follower. would benefit from knowing..
My gastroenterologist said no to beano.. it doesnt really do any good..according to him..
As far as fruit go I would think it would depend on a person's with I am not severely obese or anywhere near 400 lbs I need to lose about 60.. Ones who lose quickly are ones who have a lot to lose and cut out all the junk, processed foods, sugar, etc.. I also do not eat non stop all day.. never have... could not.. My metabolism is badly messed up by yo-yo dieting many years ago after having my children..
but I would really like referral to the name of the doc who endorsed this way of eating..
Last edited by lulu65 on June 26th, 2010, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I never had any doubts at all. It all made sense to me, and I don't see what there is to question. If one does not like the program, or part of the program, just don't do it. There are many other "diets" out there,  they do not work, and the proof of that is the amount of them that are around.. One has to change the way they eat, and I can't imagine anything better than this.

I was thinking just this morning how grateful I am for Mr wilson, and these boards. I am sure that I found this through devine intervention. thank you again RT
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

LuLU, FROM THINGS THAT YOU SAY SOUNDS LIKE YOU REALLY ARE NOT BEHIND LDL. LIKE CAMRON SAID MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE ON TO SOMETHING YOU CAN BELIVE IN. I WOULD HATE TO DO SOMETHING THAT i COULD NOT GET FULLY BEHIND, aS i HAVE SAID BEFORE I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW EVERYTHING WORKS ,BUT i KNOW FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND THIS IS A GODSEND AND I DON'T NEED TO QUESTION IT. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS HARSH BUT THIS IS HOW I REALLY FEEL ABOUT THIS. I KNOW WHAT RT SAYS IS RIGHT AND I DON'T NEED TO QUESTION HIM OR THE PLAN. GOOD LUCK ON LOSING YOUR WEIGHT AND WHAT EVER PLAN MAKES YOU FEEL HAPPY...... WITHER
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I feel another round of Kumbaya coming on!    :)

• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

As someone up thread had said most diet books are written with some scientific explanation etc. as to how it works.. with LDL there is was none of this..
When RT posted that the book is based on science by a very renowned Dr. I was pleased.. I wanted to see for myself the science behind this.. that is all.. I am a reader I like details I am sorry I am.. like I am a very analytical person.. it is my nature.. and I have brought up the question of sweet potatoes many many times before and no one has told me squash is a fruit.. I learn this today.. Good explanation.. Thank you..
When I do not have an interest in LDL I will determine that.and move on to something else.. I am here to learn and if by asking questions it bothers some I am sorry..
I am polite I am not trying to insult anyone..  I discuss and it is through discussing that I learn.. although I still do not understand  the total science behind it.. The unprocessed foods  I totally agree  with 100 % . .I am sure I am not the only person on here who has be sceptical or asked many questions before in fact I know I am not.
All I can say Wither is if my posts upset you don't read them.. I am sorry..
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

lulu, I don't understand the "science" of how electricity works, but I know it does. It's the same for LDL.

So there you go.

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on June 27th, 2010, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

YOU JUST DON'T SEEM LIKE YOU ARE A PART OF LDL..........LIKE SWEETROSE SAYS  :rose: YOU DON'T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IF IT WORKS IT WORKS. DOES IT WORK FOR YOU ?   IF SO THERE    WITHER
Last edited by witheraway1 on June 27th, 2010, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Just my two cent's worth.  I am a registered nurse and have two Master's degrees.  I worked at a state university for years as a program director.  I know about data and research.  it is very expensive to gather and analyze data.  It is also possible to support your hypothesis in many cases even if another group has found support for an opposing hypothesis.  An example would be the ads we all see about high fructose corn syrup being "natural" and "good for us, like all things, in moderation."  Personally, I bought the books, read, and lived many popular diet plans.  None of them worked for me.  if I did lose any weight, I became sick and tired of the deprivation and soon found it (the lost weight).  What I am saying is that Roger has chosen not to spend the money to "prove" that this way of eating is healthy and effective in allowing us to attain our optimal weight.  However, thousands of us have experienced the joy of Let's Do Lunch!  We are discarding weight, enjoying the foods we prepare and eat, experiencing wonderful changes in our blood work, feeling renewed energy, and eating a diet like mankind ate for most of history.  Cavemen didn't eat processed foods.  The bible does not mention white sugar, potato chips, soda pop, or pasta.  I have been embracing this way of eating for 13 months, which is longer than I have ever followed a "diet" other than the junk food eating plan ;).  I have discarded 54 # of energy sapping, lifespan altering, embarrassing and ugly fat.  I no longer have chronic pain.  I have cut my blood pressure medication dosage in half, my husband has normal cholesterol readings for the first time in his adult life.  I need no further "proof" that this is a wonderful, effective, delicious, and doable way of eating.  It will catch on with the mainstream.  Maybe someone will even gather data and support the effectiveness of this plan.  I don't need this and am certainly glad I didn't wait for it.  I have done my own "research" over the past year.  This is the best way of eating ever published.  Roger Troy was inspired to share it (and with no personal gain) with those who want to regain their health and beauty.  Pam
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I can't claim being on LDL for very long, but as a newbie, I have seen some amazing results in such a short time.  Not only with the weight loss, but with my attitude towards food.  I'm not eating everything in sight as I have in the past.  I'm conscious of every bite I put in my body, knowing now that it is ALL GOOD AND HEALTHY FOOD.  I don't have to face that guilt or embarrassing times of trying to sneak a cookie at work and everyone thinking  "she really doesn't need that."  I can control myself now, and I never have been able to say that.
I cannot wait until I have been on here for months.  I will do my part spreading the news and like Pam, personally show my own research.  This is the only way to go.  Thank you God, thank you Roger, thank you everyone who has started before us newbies and offer the best tips, encouragement, and, oh yeah..recipes!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Rainbow- One of my proudest moments is when I reach the checkout at the grocery store with all my beautiful foods.  I look around and see all the empty calorie-laden foods, junk foods, and Frankenfoods in other shoppers' carts.  It makes me feel so virtuous and so blessed!  I know that sounds funny.  I just wish I could somehow let everyone else know about the best way of eating in the world for health and weight loss.  You are doing great, and will, no doubt, be living the lifestyle and motivating others long into the future.  You are in the position to demonstrate to your co-workers what this plan can do.  I look forward to sharing your successes :rose:!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

More than once I have had either the check out clerk or the customer ahead of me in line look at what I was buying and remark, "Boy, you are eating healthy!" Yes, it is great to say, "Yes I am and I feel great too." If I think I may have the time and they show a real interest, I say, "Yes, I am doing the Lets Do Lunch Plan." They usually give me the deer in the headlights blink, blink blink, so then I have the opening to explain.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I have a dear friend who told me this week, that she and her husband had embraced LDL principles and they feel better this summer than they have felt in years.  The weight loss is slow for them, but feeling so much better has been worth it.  I always tell people to try it for two weeks just like the red book says and see the difference.  I went out 3 days this week with friends where the food was provided.  My friends feel so sorry for me until I start filling my plate with luscious foods.  One friend kept talking about diets don't work.  I agreed, because when one doesn't get enough food to eat or does not like the food, it won't last.  I brought the chocolate pie home for my hubby.  My friends wanted to know how I could pass it up.  If I don't crave it, there is no way I'm going to put it in my mouth.  Then during our conversation, I told them about the many varieties of soup I make, and how luscious fresh fruits and veggies are when roasting or in making smoothies.  I love this way of eating and all you positive people on the boards.  Thank you, Roger, for this delightful eating plan.  :rose: :rose: :rose: to all, Joyful Friend 
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Joyful Friend........You are so right if you don't crave it don't eat it. I know when I am at the store I notice others carts and all the junk they buy. I did that too. So glad to be a part of LDL and eat all those good healthy foods. I have to have a positive attitue about what I do. Like Roger said we are the congeration and our Father is the Pastor. We should always try to spread positive  thoughts, I can't take negative.. You are always cheerful a real delight  a  :rose: for you.......Wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I also have had several people point out that they eat what they want and work out at the gym or run or walk. They know I am not exercising. I tell them that even the most fit athletic people may not be healthy and have died of heart conditions, brain tumors, and have had knee replacements. I want to nourish my body correctly first. I have begun to add some walking into my daily routine. The exercise and toning will come. Don't want a workout that will leave me hungry right now. But I can see that in another 30lbs or so I will feel more like exercising. I would be swimming now if it were convenient, LOL
Last edited by LINDA RN on June 27th, 2010, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Dianalee

Post by Dianalee »

Another two cent's worth.  Like Pam and many others here, I have all the diet books.  Been there .... done that.  I managed to lose about 20lbs. each time, and put them all back on, and more, due to feelings of deprivation and cravings.  I'm soooo grateful for LDL WOE. I'm down 102lbs. since June 1-2009.  I feel great. I have all the proof I need.  I hope you will give it a chance.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW Diana,
You must be feeling really great.
Hope you sent Roger some before and after pictures.
Linda