POST Your FAVORITE Let's Do Lunch RECIPE HERE!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: POST Your FAVORITE Let's Do Lunch RECIPE HERE!

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I didn't know if you wanted just the name or the recipe also so did both.  It is hard to decide which is my favorite because I love most all of them.  I think the reason this is my favorite is because I didn't think I liked salmon until trying this recipe.

Parsley-Garlic Roasted Salmon

Serves: 6 to 8
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 1 hr 15 mins

Ingredients
1 2-pound salmon fillet, skin removed  Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste  
2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard  6 medium garlic cloves, finely minced  
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice  1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil  
1/2 teaspoon salt  

directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Place the salmon on the paper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread the Dijon mustard over the salmon in a thin layer.
In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the mixture over the salmon and roast until the fish is just cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Last edited by wendysgoodnews on September 1st, 2010, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

This is my go to breakfast recipe as the weather cools and cold fruit for breakfast doesn't hold the appeal it does in the heat of the summer.  This can be made ahead and lasts for about a week's worth of breakfasts.  Fabulous and can be partially frozen for a pumpkin "ice cream" treat!

PAT’S FAVORITE “HOT PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE” for cold weather eating

2-3 cans Cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (I also use Navy Beans, too).
1 can sliced carrots, drained
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, undrained
3 cans no sugar added pear halves, undrained
2 cans lite or no sugar added peach slices or halves, undrained
1 15 oz. can 100% pure pumpkin
Stevia to taste (Patsy Faye used Splenda)
1 large Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice

Using the VitaMix or blender, process as many cans of whatever will fit in at one time.  I usually put in one can of beans, and two cans of fruit. (Using the large container.)  Less than that in the small container. Add spice and Splenda to one of the batches. Purée until very smooth and pour into large plastic container. Mix well with a whisk.  Refrigerate. When ready to serve, ladle some into a microwave safe bowl and heat up. Makes 6-7 hearty servings.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It is difficult to name just one favorite.  I suppose if I had to name one recipe that helped me get rid of sweet cravings, it would be the fruit smoothie which I make differently, according to the fruits I have.  I usually start out with  a banana, because it makes the smoothie creamy.
      1 banana                                                              1 banana                            1 banana                      1 banana
      1 orange                                                                1 cup blueberries                  2 cup grapes                  2 cups strawberries
      1 cup of pineapple                                                  1 apple including skin            ice, water, sweetener        1 cup pineapple
      1 cup of ice and a 1/4 cup of water                            ice, water,sweetener                                                ice, water, sweetener
      Stevia or splenda  to desired sweetness (optional)

I quart of fresh strawberries, cleaned and 2 cups of ice, some splenda  makes a strawberry daiquiri without the liquor.  It tastes as good as Olive Garden's. 
In one year, I've made at least 360 smoothies, and they've all been different, because I seldom measure.  I use fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.

I now add 1/3 cup of plain yogurt whenever I want.  No sugar added juice can be used instead of the water.  I also add carrots and veggies with the fruits.  I had never made smoothies before LDL, but now I have at least one a day, and sometimes two.  They still taste like I'm having a treat.  LDL is a very creative and rewarding WOE. Thanks, Roger, for this great plan.
BReeves

Post by BReeves »

I have a recipe that is great in the cold weather:

Wonder White Chili:
4 cups cooked chicken breast, pulled apart (or use the canned chicken, drained).  I use three cans.
4 cups water with 4 chicken flavored buillion cubes.
3 cans great northern beans
1 clove garlic-minced
1 large onion, chopped or use onion powder
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. dried basil
In a large pot, add 4 cups water with buillion cubes. Bring to boil and add chopped onion and garlic. Then add the rest of ingredients.  Cover and simmer for about one hour.  Makes enough for about six servings. 

jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1 small green Bell Pepper, chopped (approx. 1 cup)
1/2 lb. lean ground sirloin or ground skinless turkey breast
1 cup sliced button mushrooms (fresh or canned)
3/4 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. dried Basil
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large (1 lb. 12 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 large (1 lb. 13 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
1 regular can (14 - 16 oz) pinto beans, undrained

1.  Heat the Olive Oil on medium/high in a large deep saucepan with a lid.  When it is melted, add the onion, garlic, peppers, turkey & paprika.  Sautee, stirring, for 5 minutes until onion and meat are cooked.  Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute.

2.  Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt & herbs.  Cover and bring to a slow boil.  While it is cooking, puree the pinto beans with a blender.  Add this bean puree and 1 & 1/2 cup of water to the pot.  Simmer on medium/low for 10 or 15 minutes. Add the olives and gently stir in.  If the soup is too thick for your liking, you can add another 1/2 cup of water.

3. Submerge a slice of Fat-free Mozzarella cheese on top.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Joyful Friend,
I'm with you. I swear by my smoothies. I don't measure anything either. I just dump, dump, spin and enjoy! What a life! Thanks to Roger and Everyone,
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I have a lot of favorites: pizza soup, pineapple upside down cake, LDL ice cream, chicken corn chowder (I probably make this one more than any of the others), LP's surprise salad, chicken salad, etc. Which one is my favorite? Hummmm. Well.... Probably the chicken corn chowder.
Have a wonderful evening!
Tina N.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Hi,

What is LP's Surprise Salad? I couldn't locate it. Thanks

mtngirl