Rest In Peace Grape Girl Gwen

Keep up to date with what's going on with LDL and it's members!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Rest In Peace Grape Girl Gwen

Post by LINDA RN »

Posted on her Facebook page January 21, 2016

Family and friends, Please join us in joyful remembrance of Gwen Hannaford Legters on Thursday, January 28, 2016, 5:30 p.m. All are welcomed to share and fellowship. Following a brief service, dinner will be served for family and close friends. Come and share a happy memory and 'Play Jolly Music' for Gwen at Burn Co Barbecue 1738 S. Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK.

An private ceremony will be held to join our mom's ashes with the ocean that held her spirit.

In lieu of flowers, please consider a monetary donation to help with final expenses. Kayce & Shea are very grateful.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Rest In Peace Grape Girl Gwen

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks for sharing this sad news, Linda.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Roger, I found this on her Facebook:

Thank you all for the copious amount of prayers, well-wishes, and shared memories.

Mom asked that we return her to the sea she loved so much, and to remember her joyously.

With those wishes in mind, we have created a GoFundMe page where family and friends are able to send donations to help offset her final expenses, in lieu of sending flowers.

If all you can donate is a moment of your time to share this post, you will have still helped greatly!

Thank each and every one of you for loving our mother in your own ways, and for any financial or emotional support.

Kayce Curran
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

This is so very sad. I enjoyed Gwen's posts so much during her time here. May she rest in peace.

shirley
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I posted a blob on Gwen's journal so it would come to the top. It is a way to remember her recipes and inspiration. When the boards are quiet I return to posts that were made long ago and even to my own posts to remember some of the things I have forgotten. Memories of a life well lived are so sweet. O:-) RIP Gwen. O:-)
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Leilani for the original post you made regarding Gwen's tragic passing and for posting the update to her journal. She struggled like the rest of us, but was a major contributor to our boards when she was active here. She gave us lots of hints, recipes, and great ideas. I was fortunate to meet her and several other "lunchers" twice at LDL luncheons in FL.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I was so shocked when I read this and simply heartbroken for those of us left behind who loved her so much. I have tried to remind myself that she is in a brand new body and no longer bound to that wheelchair. I know she is dancing in heaven and sees how much she is loved.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.