HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Keep up to date with what's going on with LDL and it's members!
tcasola
Administrator

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Post by tcasola »

To all the MOMMIES out there !! Hope you have a wonderful birthday !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Post by robnveronica »

Thanks Roger and Tom. It's been pretty nice. I actually went to my mom's and cooked her a Brunch of LDL approved Asparagus soup, and scrambled eggs w/ Pico De Gallo salsa (nothing but tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalepeno) w/ a little shredded cheese. My girls played outside (and out of our hair) for a short while. Hubby had clean up duty. Over all very nice day.
(BTW, Mom (grammasuz) has told me she reads the posts frequently just doesn't feel much like posting since she's not following LDL the way she should.)
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:I actually went to my mom's and cooked her a Brunch of LDL approved Asparagus soup, and scrambled eggs w/ Pico De Gallo salsa (nothing but tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalepeno) w/ a little shredded cheese.

princess veronica....you're a good daughter...........bq
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yes she is, Bean Queen......

A day late, but I also want to thank Tom and Roger for the nice wishes.  I was a very happy mom yesterday - I got to see all of my kids, as well as my wonderful daughter-in-law.  My sister hosted dinner for my mom & my two sisters and one of my brothers (and all the assorted family that goes with them) were there.  My mom, my dad and his mom.... Very nice.....

This is what I got for my mom - it's a huge, thick throw -   and this is what it says:   

I always buy things that I would like to get!!  LOL!

Carolyn
Last edited by Queenie on May 12th, 2008, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

carolyn...you're a few years younger than i am and your mother AND grandmother are alive?....is THAT what i read?.....ohmygosh......you are DOUBLY blessed.........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yes, she's my dad's mom.  She had my father when she was just 16.... My dad is 76 - she will be 92 this month... She has her own little "apartment" in a nursing home.... a little more to it than that, but for the most part, she's ok.

My mom's mom died 6 years ago when she was 94... and was mobile and vibrant until a week before she died.  In fact, she had a glass of wine every evening before dinner until that time.  She was sick for one week.  Given the option, I'd prefer to go like she did.  My only regret is that she never got to meet John....

Carolyn 
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

good genes.............that's great....my one grandmother only lived to be 86..my father's mother died when she was almost 100...THAT was the grandmother who looked like granny from the beverly hillbillies....TOO BAD i didn't take after HER...she was the same size ALL her life and ate like a truck driver.......when i was a teenager, she out ate ME.........niki
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

btw.........that's BEAUTIFUL...
Last edited by niki on May 13th, 2008, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJ

Post by CJ »

robnveronica wrote:(BTW, Mom (grammasuz) has told me she reads the posts frequently just doesn't feel much like posting since she's not following LDL the way she should.)

SUZIE!!!! We miss you. Keep posting sweetheart!