Going to Minnesota

Keep up to date with what's going on with LDL and it's members!
tcasola
Administrator

Going to Minnesota

Post by tcasola »

For the first time in 2 years, I am heading back to my favorite vacationing spot - Minneapolis. I used to go to Minneapolis at least twice a year - in fact one year I went 5 times. I really love it out there, and if I had my way I’d move there.

Two years ago I stayed with friends, and some friends of friends. I was so heavy, that I broke 3 plastic chairs. Everyone was so nice, and they all made excuses why the chairs broke - but I (and they) knew the real reason. Last year I was even heavier then the previous year - and the though of me breaking anymore furniture was too much for me too take - so I cancelled my trip.

This year, with the help of L.D.L. I am lighter then I was two years ago - so nothing is stopping me now !! I’m going for a week, and I can’t wait to see all my friends, and do the things I enjoyed doing !!

If any of youse are in the Minneapolis area, and would like to “do a lunch” let me know, and hopefully we can get together !! I’ll be arriving on June 30th, and leaving July 7th.

Praise GOD and Let’s Do Lunch for allowing me to be healthier and giving me the self esteem to go back to Minnesota !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Going to Minnesota

Post by Forever Young »

tcasola wrote:For the first time in 2 years, I am heading back to my favorite vacationing spot - Minneapolis. 
This year, with the help of L.D.L. I am lighter then I was two years ago - so nothing is stopping me now !! I’m going for a week, and I can’t wait to see all my friends, and do the things I enjoyed doing !!

Tom,

I am so thrilled for you!  You will be amazed at what a mental RUSH that trip will be to you.  How excited your friends will be to see you and to see the transformation in progress of your body.  You will be able to share with them what has happened to you...and LDL!  IF we lived in the area, we would love to do lunch with you. 

Let your excitement boil over and spill on all those around you.  So thrilled for your success!!!

Keep on...keeping on...on Let's Do Lunchtm and just let your friends see what LDL has and will do for you.  Stay on the train...............

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Tom, would love to have lunch with you but we live in the other end of minnesota. we are up on the canadian border. I know how you feel. We lived in Pennsylvania and loved Minnesota so much we moved here 15 years ago. Never gave a thought to moving back. This became home very fast.        Hope you have a wonderful time.
              Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

that's WONDERFUL, tom.............have a GREAT time................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! Mom is going to Minnesota to visit my sister and her kids...she arrives there July 19 and comes home July 26! Wish the 2 of you could have timed this better to have gotten a chance to meet in person! My sister lives in Albert Lea. OH Well!  :-\ :'(
ENJOY your trip!!
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Roger,

Soytenly I will !!

And that IS an amazing accomplishment !!
Tom

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

who were the first to be inducted into the baseball hall of fame that were not baseball players ???
Last edited by niki on June 19th, 2008, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Don't know the answer; but I'm guessing it was coaches or referees.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Don't know
He's on Third ..We're not talking about him ...

Niki - it's Bud Abbott and Lou Costello for their "Who's On First" skit. .. I did this skit in High School.

Tom

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

tcasola wrote:
Don't know
He's on Third ..We're not talking about him ...

Niki - it's Bud Abbott and Lou Costello for their "Who's On First" skit. .. I did this skit in High School.

and AGAIN you DIDN'T disappoint me.....i assume you were lou costello, although we ALL know what felix unger says when we ASSUME..........
  i spent the weekend at my brother's and we watched the wpix lineup this past saturday...........the little rascals, the odd couple, the honeymooners.....i had band practice on friday night and since sunday was father's day i just stayed there......my brother then MADE me watch scary movies and then ALLOWED me to go to sleep at 3am after he told me he hoped noone flew into the downstairs windows(one of the movies we watched was "the strangers" and the other one was the one about the world destroying itself after they find a virus that kills cancer and the people that are left are ghouls..all except a very few people) 
Last edited by niki on June 19th, 2008, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Tom - I know you're going to have a wonderful time!  And probably meet Roger's son, as well!  How cool is that? 

So how did your love affair with Minneapolis begin?  What took you there the first time?  And you say you would move there?  With what you do for a living, I would think that you could get a job anywhere you wanted....  You know....... maybe some of your friends, or "friends of friends" would do some networking for you.  Might pay to throw a resume into your suitcase...

Love ya!
Sissy
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Tom........sorry I can't meet up with you.......I live way north of Minneapolis on Canadian border. I hope you have a wonderful tme.
                                    may G-d bless you as you travel
                                                  kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

mary,
      Are you chasing those iguanas again?
            judie
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I fell in love with Minnesota (or the idea of Minnesota) when I was a kid. Like Little Mary, I too watched the Mary Tyler Moore show - and loved all the SNOW they used to show. Plus I was a Minnesota Viking fan (very strange from a kid born and breed on Brooklyn streets), and that was another reason I loved it.

About 10 years ago, I was working for a company - and they asked if I would like to go to Minneapolis to help open a bureau out there. I couldn’t believe my luck. Once out there I met a wonderful person, and we’ve been friends since. We’re so close, I consider her my other sister. She introduced me to her friends, and then we became friends - so it’s like having another family out there.

As I said, I would love to move there - but I have so much where I live it would be hard to leave. Plus, I am not sure if I could find a job at the same rate out there. Sure it’s a little cheaper to live, but I have some bills (loans) that won’t decrease even if I move. So until I hit the lottery (or find a rich girl) I’ll keep on wishing, and maybe one day hope to retire there.

Bless your heart Mary - everyone there also blamed the chairs. They stated the chairs were old and/or were left out in the sun for too many years. But the skinnier folks had no issues. Hopefully this year I won’t kill any furniture.

The other thrill I am looking forward to is to see if I need a seat-belt extender for the plane. If I do, I do - but if not - it will be the first time in 8 years I won’t .. I’m keeping my fingers cross.
Last edited by tcasola on June 21st, 2008, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

tcasola wrote:The other thrill I am looking forward to is to see if I need a seat-belt extender for the plane. If I do, I do - but if not - it will be the first time in 8 years I won’t .. I’m keeping my fingers cross.

If you do, Tom, I can guarantee that it will be the last time ever!  I've got to tell you again how happy I am for you and how PROUD I am of you.  I really look forward to when you finally post a "real" picture of yourself...  I know I asked you before, but I don't think you answered - Are you taking pictures of yourself?  I really think it's important to do this.... you know - a picture is worth a thousand words.  ;D

Are you going to have computer access while on vacation?  (Do you have a laptop?)  I sure hope so - I'd love to hear all about your visit - while the visit is still going on.  I've never been to Minnesota, even though we travelled a LOT while I was growing up (my dad was in the Army).  I also watched the Mary Tyler Moore show - what a wonderfully sweet show that was.

Thanks for sharing about how you came to love Minnesota.  I love hearing things like that...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Thanks again Roger !! This will add to my "Mary Tyler Moore" places to visit. I was planning on going to the Mary Tyler Moore House this time around (if time allows).

For you MTM fans: I've been to the Nicollette Mall the place Mary threw her hat in the air. There is a TVLAND bronze statue of Mary throwing her hat in the air. And across the street is a the building which was suppose to be the WJM-TV studios.

yeah I know .. I need to get a life c8-D !!
Last edited by tcasola on June 23rd, 2008, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

BigBen

Post by BigBen »

He he he, just passin thru & saw this. Tom buddy thats why they call us couch potatoes & not chair potatoes cuz the couch is more accomodating 2 gentlemen of our stature. I hope U have a nice time. BB