Sleep Apnea

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Sleep Apnea

Post by grammylaurie »

What about sleep apnea? I am a newbie and I because of my weight have sleep apnea. I have faith that when I reach my 100# weight loss I will no longer have to use my CPAP machine. I also have high cholesterol about 245 or so, as well as GERD. I do not want to take medication for these and claim a healing from all 3 of these + my weight. My Doctor says that I should be on medication now. I believe that all of these issues is because of my eating. And as I change that I will begin to see changes in a lot of areas.
Laurie
imkay

Re: Sleep Apnea

Post by imkay »

i have had slight sleep apnea for years but now that i think about it, i have not had an "episode" since i started LDL.  huh.  thanks for pointing that out! one more thing to be thankful for with LDL.
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
niki

Post by niki »

thanks for this info guys.....i was going to post a request for people with success regarding sleep apnea and never did it......i read that 12 million people suffer with sleep apnea and the majority go undiagnosed...when untreated it can cause high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease..............
  laurie..i don't think that 245 is that bad..actually,my father's has been higher than that and he's treated it successfully with fish oil.....WHEN you get your next lab result(which i KNOW will be good),be sure to post them in the topic "hypercholesterolemia".........thanks.... 
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey Laurie. Your sleep apnea probably will go away once you're down to a more normal weight. I type reports for a cardiology group and just about everyone that has sleep apnea (and every other problem that's mentioned on this board) is extremely overweight.  When the patients start changing their lifestyle habits and losing the weight, they usually DO come off their CPAPs and BiPAPs and don't even need the palate surgery usually used to cure snoring. Will wish you good luck as you give LDL the chance to give you back your good health! (Convince your doctors to let you do the same)  :) nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

after i posted here,i went to the supermarket to buy watermelons and thought about why i started writing that post about sleep apnea and didn't post it...i started to read about how people are predisposed to it when they're overweight...and i didn't want to write that.....when i used to pray and ask the Lord to help me lose weight when i was younger,i used to pray and ask Him to take my appetite away so that i could lose my fat suit and be the person i REALLY was underneath....and having just been reminded by richard that God answers prayers in His own time,i realize that my finding let's do lunch is an answer to THAT PRAYER...isn't that something?...i just realized that because i was just reading what richard wrote about God's timing......
  as i've gotten older and fatter,i have always dreaded that if i had to go into the hospital,the drs would describe me as an obese female........i hated the thought of that(BECAUSE it was true)
  so i didn't want to label anyone here with the word "overweight"...and once i realized that that was my thinking,i realized something else..............i don't see any of you guys as overweight...i've seen a picture of you, mary..i've seen roger and anita...ang is at her ideal weight so she's thin too...................but all of you,when i create a picture in my mind of everyone,i see you all as thin.........ALL OF YOU.....i see you as you are inside...i see you as the thin people you have always wanted to be....what i have always wanted to be.......and that brings tears to my eyes and makes me happy...thank you roger for all that you do for all of us.....i'm sorry if i ever appear harsh by suggesting to you that you shouldn't eat something....i REALLY do have good intentions and want to see everyone here succeed...so i apologize if i ever seem overbearing or bossy.......i'm really a very humble hearted person...i surprised mary once when i told her i'm an introvert....i am more comfortable in my own company than in the company of others......
  God bless you all as you continue on this lovely journey to becoming the people you really are inside........thin,healthy,vibrant people looking to embrace life...................God bless you always............niki   
Gammamel
New, but learning

Post by Gammamel »

People tell me I have sleep apnea though I've never been officially diagnosed. I snore terribly, and anyone who has witnessed me sleeping says my breathing sometimes halts and then starts again. Last week after I had oral surgery, I slept most of the day.  Later my 7-year-old granddaughter said: "Grandma, you sure do snore loud!"

I'm about 30-40 pounds overweight, but I was like this even when I was much thinner.  I think a lot of things can contribute to it, though certainly weight is one of them.  I know my allergies and bad sinuses also contribute.  I'm actually hoping that my allergies and sinuses might improve also with LDL. Eating healthy certainly can't hurt.
Gammamel
New, but learning

Post by Gammamel »

P.S. to Niki.  You are NEVER harsh or overbearing or bossy or anything like that.  You are a godsend on this bulletin board.  You are always there to support everyone.  We love you.

Mel
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Until 3 years ago I've always been a deep sleeper. Then I started having problems getting a good night sleep. I found myself waking up many times, sometime gasping for air. Recently I've notice, with even the little weight I have lost, I am sleeping better.

Mary,

You said a mouthful !! I can not express how appreciative I am to Nicki, yourself, Tori, Roger Troy, Mike, Rich, Joe, NYKathy, MarySimmons, Pattycakes, Queenie, TNangela (notice the word angel in the name), and the list goes on and on*.  All of youse have helped me in ways I can’t express.

These last three weeks have given me so much joy, I sometime think I gonna bust. I know this sound corny, especially from a guy who resembles King Kong Bundy (http://www.bundyology.com/bundyking.jpg), but it’s true. The Lord has blessed you all with kind, loving hearts. You are the living embodyment of Matthew 22:36-40. The Lord has blessed me in being able to know you all.

As for killing the fatted calf – I’m sorry I can not do that. However, I would be more then happy to kill the “lean” calf (which is permitted on LDL), and have a BBQ at my home !!

*(Please don’t be offended that I didn’t mention your name. I didn’t have time to look threw all my past posts, but know I appreciated any comment you gave).
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

Just as Neets used to check Roger's breathing during the night, I've done the same. Or hear him stop breathing and elbow him so he'd get his breath. Snore? Is that anything like sawing down a forest?

I have not heard him stop breathing in months, I'm sure well over a year. The only time I've heard him snore in the last 18 months was during the spring fishing run when he was tired to the bone. And, you know what....I haven't heard mention of me snoring in a longggg time.

I used to get all the calcium I needed chewing Rolaids. Now I take calcium. I can recall one time in the last two years that I've had indigestion. I have to believe that our new way of life with the combined weight loss has been the contributing factor.

I can relate to the 100 pounds Laurie. That's the goal of both myself and my husband. He's 3 pounds out, I'm 13 pounds out.

You can do it, you'll start seeing results, and we're all here for you.

Patty
niki

Post by niki »

thank you, mary,you were looking in my mirror and saw everything the way i did.....your friendship has come to mean so much to me...
  you work 12 hours(and more)and come home and jump on the boards...you're off ONE day and you're in the kitchen making up a new recipe(i liked picturing you surrounded by TRAYS of chick peas in different states of doneness)..........
  if i'm obcessed,so are you...and i thank God for it........because for me,every day that goes by i become a little more obcessed with let's do lunch....then i look at you and see that this is a normal state.......
  i just needed a few days off.............but,I'M BACK.........
  thank you mel and tom..you guys are great...
  but PLEASE don't kill wilhelmena......i'll be very happy with a little soybean stir fry and some eggplant chips...after all,we're let's do lunchers(and mary,i expect a lengthy vegetarian menu at our ranch)......niki 
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

Thank you all for the wonderful support. It sure feels like one big (getting smaller) family.
I still cannot believe the blessing of the excitement that God has blessed me with through this. I know that I know that this is what His plan is for my life. I think all of you probably feel the same. 
I expect for this to be my eating life style... forever.
I should be sleeping better real soon. I am sure.
Praise God for LDL
Laurie