Ladies only!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
CapriSun
New, but learning

Ladies only!

Post by CapriSun »

Something curious but absolutely welcome -- I assume this is a "side effect" of LDL. My cycle started today, right on schedule. However, I had NONE -- let me repeat that, NONE -- of the normal PMS symptoms. No cramps, no backache, no crabbiness, no sore breasts, nothing. I thought maybe it was going to be delayed, but nope. Amazing.
Jazmyn
Master Member

Re: Ladies only!

Post by Jazmyn »

Yay Capri! That is great news! I noticed the same thing....much easier time of things since eating this way! Isn't it awesome? I am so happy for you..for all of us! Keep up the great work you are doing...building a happier healthier YOU!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

fer me too  :thumbsup: I didnt really pay attention since the last few months have been off due to approachin that MENTALpause state

and doncha say Ive been there fer years either MzJazzypants or Blondie  :tongue:
will pay attention to next time too since this is my 1st cycle on LDL
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

My cycles are much less painful on LDL for sure.  I still have the monthly "Give me chocolate or get out of my way" thing every month though.  But, the golden raisins and roasted soynuts kills that craving dead.  :thumbsup:

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by mrsj »

CapriSun wrote:I assume this is a "side effect" of LDL. My cycle started today, right on schedule. However, I had NONE -- let me repeat that, NONE -- of the normal PMS symptoms.
Today I keep reading about good medcial results.  Love it!  Congratulations CapriSun!
mrsj
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

On the rare occasions that I wasn't eating sugar, I would also get a surprise.  It was great.  Now I get a surprise about every 11 months.  LOL.  Not the kind of surprise I want, though.

Congratulations.
Scrapper Pearl

Post by Scrapper Pearl »

Brand new here, altho I have been eating LDL for the past 3 weeks (and amazed to see the scales dropping).  Love the message boards!
Since this is a woman's issue, I'm tagging it along under this previous discussion.

My latest period started the second week into my LDL journey--all was fine and well, other than it did not quit.  After 2 weeks of this, I saw my OB/GYN yesterday.  Triple whammy of bcp's to get it stopped.

My question is, is this coincidental?  Just a fluke?  I picked up a copy of Dr. John R Lee's    What your Doctor May not tell you about Menopause[i][/i]  and in scanning the book, this sentence jumped out at me:In an article titled "Oestrogen Overdose by Gail Vines in British Voge, Lyliane Rosetta, physiologist at the Universite' Rene' Descartes in Paris, found that estrogen and progesterone levels fell in women who switched to a low-fat, high-fiber, plant-based diet with more legumes....It would be very intersting to test hormone levels in women on a high-protein, high-vegetable, low-carbohydrate, and low-sugar diet

I'm 45, rather "irregular"; this diet change has not been all that drastic since I was eating beans/veggies and not a lot of sugar already.  Wheat products are essentially what I've cut out, plus adding way more fruit to my diet.

Perhaps, I'm barking up the wrong tree and my need for answers isn't justified?
I'd be grateful to hear any discussion if you care to share such personal issues.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Scrapper Pearl wrote: found that estrogen and progesterone levels fell in women who switched to a low-fat, high-fiber, plant-based diet with more legumes....It would be very intersting to test hormone levels in women on a high-protein, high-vegetable, low-carbohydrate, and low-sugar diet

i really would say it's coincidental....as you said, your diet change is not that dramatic because you were essentially following the same diet.......if you were someone who ate a lot of protein and fat that would be another story.....NOT to mention that you've only been doing this a short time...diet changes and nutritional supplements tend to take a longer period of time to affect your body....
either way, i believe that high fat/protein diets are SO unhealthy for the human body..there might be a question as to why there are different communities of people in the world that are way healthier than americans...but, one thing is certain...americans eat more fat,protein and processed foods and are the unhealthiest people on the planet....and, with obesity gaining in numbers as a cause of death, we are literally eating ourselves to death........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

approachin that MENTALpause state
  AH HA HA HA!  I LOVE IT!

Hi Capri!  Mary is right, I had a horrendous few years before starting Let's Do Lunch.  There were only 2-3 days of every month that I wasn't bleeding and passing clots the size of tennis balls.  GYN said it was just heralding the onset of ...duhn duhn DUHN...  the BIG "M".  I don't know whether those terrible symptoms subsided because of menopause (I still have a period every 6 months or so) or because of LDL, or a combination of both.

I tend to believe the research is correct, Pearl, but that's just me.  Welcome to the nonstop world of the never ending quest for knowledge of answers to unanswerable questions!  All I know for sure, is that Let's Do Lunch and the healing power of the Lord are directly responsible for my return to vigorous good health.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Quote from Niki:
but, one thing is certain...americans eat more fat,protein and processed foods and are the unhealthiest people on the planet....and, with obesity gaining in numbers as a cause of death, we are literally eating ourselves to death........

Niki, you are so right. When I was in S.A. we walked to the market everyday to buy everything we needed to prepare our meals. They didn't have the convenience of a refrigerator like we have in this country. They had an ice box but everything had to be used that day.

Maybe that was a good thing...I weighed 103 lbs dripping wet.

CQ
Scrapper Pearl

Post by Scrapper Pearl »

eeks...thanks for your reply, Little Mary.
those bpc's don't seem to be doing too much at the moment :( just making me horridly nauseated and headachy.
oh well.
I have a follow up in a couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, there's LDL and I'm hooked!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Scrapper,

I have nothing to add to this except WELCOME TO LDL!

I am so excited when someone new starts posting!  It's like getting a new member of the family. I am so glad you are loving LDL. It will make your body as happy as it can be. So Keep it up and we hope to hear of your successes real soon.

I hope your other issue gets righted really soon!  ;)

Julie :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hi Scrapper, I am 59. I went through Menopause way before LDL. I was 40 and was in Nursing school. I tried the BCP's which made me sick and did not help stop the bleeding. I did a lot of research and ended up using progesterone cream. This seemed to do the trip. Or at least after a while the bleeding stopped and I did nothing else.You might check with your GYN and see what they think. Do some research of your own also.
Welcome to LDL the best WOE. The most healthy WOE! Yeah,
Bobbi
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

I know these posts are old, but I had to jump in I experienced the heavy bleeding and clots for the first time when I turned 50. Prior to that I was always on a 28 day schedule normal my entire life. I thought I was going to die when that happened. After that every month for the last year and half they have been very light and sometimes skips a month. Then in feb of 2011  same thing happened but for about 11 days. Again felt like HELL. My doctor did suggest the progesterone cream and to include more soy in my diet which I have been doing for the past month and I have incorporated that with the LDL. Doctor explained it happens to women our age due to the drop in estrogen that is made naturally before the big M LOL HE also said soy produts help to produce estrogen. So I will update next month. Hopefully it works!
Peace,
Cindy