New to LDL and current lab results

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
rhernandez216

New to LDL and current lab results

Post by rhernandez216 »

Date:  7/05/2011                                                 
Total Cholesterol    128                                                         
LDL                    60                                                     
HDL                    18 Yikes!                                   
Triglycerides        210                              
A1C                    6.8 was 9.2 in April 2011 before LDL also taking 2000mg/day Onglyza
BP                    excellent
Weight                300  down from 332 in May 16th,2011 

Dr. called me today and said he was very pleased with my results compared to my last visit. He wants my A1C down around 6, HDL at 35 and Triglycerides below 150.  He tested me for low Testosterone and said my level was low enough he felt it was treatable.  Other than urging me to walk everyday and get more active he said I am on the right track.  I will keep Ya'll posted as I progress and kick this tomato can on down the road.

Later!                 
806Shari

Re: New to LDL and current lab results

Post by 806Shari »

Your off to a wonderful start!!  Congrats & keep up the good work!!  :thumbsup:

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations.  What a great beginning!!!  Pam
rhernandez216

Post by rhernandez216 »

Hey guys thanks a million for the props. Yes Mary I have thought about you guys often as well. Lisa and I are doing well and still live in Tomball,Texas. We decided now that all the kids have moved out and it's just us now at home, we can manage and direct LDL into our lives so much easier and be more consistent. Being diagnosed Type 2 diabetic was a huge wake up call as well and when he doc said if i couldn't get my glucose levels down that insulin was my next step I GOT motivated to get back on LDL. It is such a joy and personal achievement for me to wake up each morning and test my glucose levels and not be ashamed of the numbers on the monitor. Yes i said ashamed because I KNEW myself that I was the one who controlled those numbers. I am finally back under 300 lbs as of today and I know very motivated to get back into my size 42 Wrangler jeans. I like dressing nice and very said that the only place I have been able to find clothes that fit is the Big & Tall Shop and pay the extra prices for my clothes.

Saludos!