No more dental problems

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
niru

No more dental problems

Post by niru »

Dental problems are very serious problems. Bad breaths, cavities, tooth erosion, dry mouth and gum disease are some of problems faced by people having dental problems. However, we can also follow some easy steps to get rid of these problems such as
1. Chew cinnamon-flavored gum.
2. Avoid tobacco, coffee, smoking.
3. Try a softer toothbrush.
4. Use Fluoride mouthwash.  
Last edited by Guest on December 8th, 2011, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: No more dental problems

Post by VickiLynn »

Brush at least twice a day (morning and night) and floss, visit your dentist a minimum of twice a year for a thorough cleaning.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

An electric toothbrush (battery) is a great tool also it does a real thorough job as well as flossing and if one has partial dentures rinse after each meal :)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've read a lot about fluoride lately and it really isn't all they've cracked it up to be.  It shouldn't be in our drinking water for sure.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Exactly what I was thinking, Crick.
I am noticing now that the flouride is breaking down my teeth.
I started making my own toothpaste by mixing baking powder with peroxide and adding peppermint oil.
I even read you can use coconut oil to brush your teeth.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

There is a book called: Oil Pulling Therapy by Dr. Bruce Fife, All Disease Starts In The Mouth, Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing.  I had heard about and then was able to borrow it from my local library.  It speaks of many things to help like diet, etc.  I was using the oil pulling technique with coconut oil (swish 1-2 tbl spoons of coconut in your mouth for 10-20 minutes).  You can use other types of oils as well.  I was doing this daily in the morning as I was showering and getting ready for work.  I had to back off because I was detoxing too quickly and was exhausted but I will begin again after the first of the year.  The coconut oil helps for dry mouth, etc.  I still put a little coconut oil in my mouth after flossing and brushing at night and it really makes a difference. There is a recipe for making your own toothpaste without fluoride as well.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've been purchasing a non fluoride toothpaste from Vitacost.com from a company called "Jason" that I really like.  I never heard of using coconut oil this way and will have to try it. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Been reading (or hearing) more about flouride lately and it said that flouride definitely hardens tooth enamel when applied but it hardens it too much to wear it is brittle and easily cracked.
They are experimenting with oxygen therapy to stop decal and remineralize.
If my teeth would reminieralize, I could live without the ones that are already gone.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

mylifeforhim wrote:There is a book called: Oil Pulling Therapy by Dr. Bruce Fife, All Disease Starts In The Mouth, Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing.  I had heard about and then was able to borrow it from my local library.  It speaks of many things to help like diet, etc.  I was using the oil pulling technique with coconut oil (swish 1-2 tbl spoons of coconut in your mouth for 10-20 minutes).  You can use other types of oils as well.  I was doing this daily in the morning as I was showering and getting ready for work.  I had to back off because I was detoxing too quickly and was exhausted but I will begin again after the first of the year.  The coconut oil helps for dry mouth, etc.  I still put a little coconut oil in my mouth after flossing and brushing at night and it really makes a difference. There is a recipe for making your own toothpaste without fluoride as well.

I've been doing this for over a year - my dental cleanings are quick and painless! My teeth are also much whiter!!!
Marga
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for posting, Marga
I've been holding peroxide in my mouth while showering then brushing for a couple years now.
Not exactly satisfied with results. I am going to switch to coconut oil now
Linda

MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

LINDA RN wrote:Thanks for posting, Marga
I've been holding peroxide in my mouth while showering then brushing for a couple years now.
Not exactly satisfied with results. I am going to switch to coconut oil now

I've been using the coconut oil, but not a whole tablespoon (more like a soup spoon). In the winter, it is too solid - I have to warm it up a little so I don't gag! It's been almost 6 months since my last dental appointment and my teeth still feel "shiny!"

m.e.