type 2 diabetics

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
robert42

Re: type 2 diabetics

Post by robert42 »

About every quarter at work, they bring in a couple of nurses to check cholesterol, blood pressure, and now apparently glucose to try and encourage people to see a doctor if they are not well.  I couldn't persuade the nurse that i was diabetic because my glucose (on her meter) was 89 and I wasn't on medication.  She said I couldn't be diabetic...yeah, just get me the wrong foods for a while and let's remeasure...maybe...eventually...the cells will all be replaced but it shouldn't matter as long as I'm sticking to the plan...
Last edited by robert42 on February 15th, 2007, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

THAT is ANOTHER thing i consider to be the beauty of let's do lunch........you can eat EXACTLY the same way as me, get all the benefits i do AND control your diabetes...by doing what you're doing,you're taking a giant vulture and turning it into a gnat, improving the quality of your life AND extending your life expectancy to be the same as a non-diabetic's.....WHAT can be better than THAT?......niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Robert,
  That is a great report from a diabetic.  You have gotten your numbers under control so well that you couldn't convince them that you WERE/ARE a diabetic.  What a testimony to LDL and it's good points!
    Keep up the good work...and keep on keeping on...on LDL and just see what will transpire.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Churchlady24
New, but learning

Post by Churchlady24 »

Niki>  This is Churchlady24.  I really
need some help-if I cant find out how
to manage I could possibly get
diabetes and I SURE dont need that.
I have pain a lot of the time and
cant figure out if it might be
fibromyalga(dont know if that is
spelled right or not) or just plain
arthritis.  This pain travels and is
not particularly in the joints and it
just dawned on me that it might be
this fibromyala which I dont know a
lot about.  I have been told I have
a tarsal tunnel on my right foot and
my doctor and I think it is mostly
caused by the injured foot on the left
and the extra weight (50) lbs mostly
in my stomach.  You know I have been
in LDL a long time but I know I cheat
because of my lifestyle (I get lonely
and have not found anything else to
change it but I am not really all that
unhappy to stay home with my little
"Maggie" dog but sometimes i do eat
wrong -when I first started LDL my
sugar went up a little so maybe I
should only eat 1 pc offruit a day?
Please write me and maybe you and some
other ANGELS could pray for me and get
me straightened up PLEASE  Love LOREA
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Lorea...I'll be happy to be an Angel to you. Let me know in message boards  or via email or via Personal Message what I can do besides pray for you! Your newest ANGEL, Veronica
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Lorea,

If you continue to stay with LDL and eat more fruit if you are wanting something sweet, doesn't your blood sugar level out?  How much did it raise?  I can eat fruit and sometimes it goes up just a little.  But I also am eating more beans and that seems to off-set the fruit.  The fruit would certainly be better than "cheating" with sweets.

It sounds like you are doing like I do...sabotagging yourself.  I am not as bad as I once was...but I have to watch to make sure I eat LDL foods.  I have a sign posted that I am trying to read more often.  It says, "The reason most people FAIL...instead of succeedd...IS...they want MOST what they want at the MOMENT!".  I guess that says it all for me!  If I cheat, that is why.

Anyway, hang in there...and keep on doing LDL.  I keep mentally picturing myself...SKINNY...and that is what is motivating me now.  I had Jim take a picture of me a couple of weeks ago wearing an outfit that I wore before I started LDL...and what a difference 30 pounds makes!   I think I will have him do that periodically for documentation for those non-believers and skeptics to see when I am finally at my goal weight.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL.  You will also find health benefits from eating this way that will result in more than just weight loss.  Read the Medical Success Stories and you will find some of them at least.

Besides, your little dog, Maggie, needs you to stay around...as well as us here on the LDL boards!

Love,

Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on March 5th, 2007, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Lorea,

If you need another ANGEL to support you through a few pounds, I am willing to do that also.  Veronica will do so, I read her post...and I will do some for you.  Just let us know.  We love you and want to see you succeed on LDL too!

Love,

Jeanne
jerio

Post by jerio »

Hi Lorea, I wanted to tell you that I am new to this way of eating, and when I read your post I could really identify with some of what you deal with....my Dr had diagnosed me as diabetic, and then I also have a lot of muscle and joint pain every day..but here is why Im writing to you...this way of eating is the first thing that has really helped me all around....for me the beans have been a real lifesaver, and at first I was doing some things that slowed my progress...I kept coming here and reading and also someone helped me to figure out what was causing me a few problems..I was having too much fat and didn't know it...and a few other things......now I've adjusted to those things and I really am feeling better all the way around..so I hope that you have success and that you start feeling better soon....I almost gave up on this at first..but I can say now that thank God I didn't...can't believe what a difference it makes in my life..
                                                                    God Bless...
                                                                    Jeri
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi Niki
      Just wanted to say that my a1c was near 8 pre ldl. Now it is 6. What a difference! judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

that's WONDERFUL....i didn't even realize that you were a diabetic.....a diabetic under control makes me SO happy..you really have no idea......you'll understand better if you read the thread i started on type 2 diabetes.........if you've read those posts, then you DO understand........
  if you haven't posted at depth on these medical success boards, would you look for the thread i started and share your story?...it was my goal, originally, to have a separate thread for each disease process so that someone with that same problem could go on a single thread and get all the info they needed without fishing around........
  i first and foremost rejoice over every soul that finds salvation in Jesus...on a smaller scale, i rejoice over every person who comes to understand what let's do lunch can do for them.....and i have a special joy when they're diabetics because i believe that there's a special blessing for diabetics who find let's do lunch and make it work for them.....................sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
John

Post by John »

Good morning!

Yesterday while searching through the stacks at my local Half Price Books, on the bottom row of Weight Watchers cookbooks I saw a thin blue book tucked away.  I wondered what kind of cookbook would be that thin.  I pulled it out and started reading "Let's Do Lunch".  I must have read half the book sitting on the footstool.  I bought it, brought it home and devoured it.  Since I'm a type II diabetic, I was concerned about all the fruit.  After reading through this tread, I'm convinced to give it a try.  Since some of the posts are over a year old, I'm just wondering how everyone is still doing.  A status report would be most helpful, along with anything else you've learned along the way.

Thanking you all in advance, God bless,

John
Fort Worth, Texas
John

Post by John »

marysimmons wrote:Hi John,

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!  This is the most awesome way of losing weight and getting healthy EVER.  I encourage you to read through all of the success stories on these message boards, ask your doctor for approval, and then jump on board.  Let's Do Lunch has helped so many of us who thought they'd never be able to lose weight and keep it off.  I'm glad you found the book!

Best Wishes,

Little Mary

Thanks for the welcome, Little Mary!  I have enjoyed reading through the posts today, and I received a nice email from Roger Troy.  I look forward to good reports on both BG and weight loss.  Thanks again for the nice welcome.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey John;
Glad you're here!

I am not a diabetic; but I was headed that way. My 4 grandparents, 2 parents, 3 paternal-uncles and one sibling are all/were all diabetics.

Before "Let's Do Lunch"tm my blood sugar readings were running between 130- 160. Now they run around 80-99.
I have lost 56# so far.

I really enjoy the food I eat. And when I remember eating something pleasurable like doughnuts or something and decide to eat them again, I find they don't hold the appeal they once did.

Keep researching, asking questions; and I hope you are blessed with increased good health!

NJ (or EnJae)
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi john....here's what i have to say...THIS REALLY WORKS.....you can eat GREAT, not feel like you're on a diet, control your blood sugars AND lose weight............you'll notice that i put everything in order of importance leaving the weight loss til last....i wasn't even looking for a diet or a way to lose weight...i had given up even trying...i was just going to stay the way i was.....that was 45 pounds ago and i haven't been this thin in 20 years..i just saw someone tonight who i haven't seen in a few months who told me i look thinner and younger and GREAT........AND that's how i feel....
  i'm not a diabetic...but, i have it in my family and had the worst eating habits...that combo SHOULD have made me diabetic.....THE BEAUTY of let's do lunch for a diabetic is that YOU will eat EXACTLY the same as i will, you'll get the same benefits i will AND you'll control your diabetes to boot........WHAT can be better?.....nothing on THIS planet.....
  so, take it seriously...IT WORKS....there are LOADS of recipes....the handful of recipes that i've posted are mostly foods i grew up on...greek food is VERY conducive to let's do lunch...my mother used to GIVE UP the bean soups as fattening when she used to diet......i can make homemade bean soups and eat ALL i want AND lose all the weight i want to lose?..................you've heard of lifetime weight watcher members?............i'm a lifetime let's do luncher........
  welcome to our boards.......questions?......concerns?.......bring em here.....let us help you....that's why we're here.......sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote:Before "Let's Do Lunch"tm my blood sugar readings were running between 130- 160. Now they run around 80-99.

nj..were those fasting blood sugars that were that high?.....because i'll tell you something, by my definition, if those were fasting blood sugars, you would be considered a borderline type 2 diabetic......and NOW they're 80-100?.......perfect............niki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes, niki, they were taken just before meals. But I cannot claim to have diabetes because I was never officially diagnosed with it.
The doctor I had when I started LDL just said  I was 'headed toward' diabetes. After she quit her practice to stay at home with her 3 teenagers, I started seeing a naturalistic healthcare provider. She was the one who got my attention. She suggested that I buy a blood sugar monitor and test my blood before each meal and before bedtime. That's when I learned how much danger I was in and got more serious about LDL.

NJ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

actually, nj, you can really consider yourself a borderline type 2 diabetic....you don't know HOW many patients i've had who have said "i'm NOT a diabetic" and i can SEE that they're on medication for diabetes AND their blood sugars are CONSISTENTLY elevated...i don't know WHY doctors do that...they seem reluctant to say the word"diabetes"....i've had patients even say to me "i have elevated blood sugars, but i'm not a diabetic".......
  there are people that have elevated blood sugars and are even on medication for diabetes and when they lose weight their blood sugars are normal..and i don't even mean that they necesarily lost it on let's do lunch....their bodies can't handle the increased needs of the extra weight............once they lose the weight, their blood sugars are controlled by diet...THOSE people are STILL diabetics.....now, someone who loses the weight and then can eat ANYTHING they want and their blood sugars are fine.....i WOULDN'T say THAT person was a diabetic...........
  so add a feather to your cap for nipping diabetes in the bud by losing weight and eating the wonderful let's do lunch way........
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you Sweet niki!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

just callin it like i see it.......keep up the good work, and try and hold your own through the holiday......be blessed AND have fun......niki