type 2 diabetics

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: type 2 diabetics

Post by Forever Young »

John,

WELCOME  TO  Let's Do Lunchtm!!!  Just prior to me starting LDL my doctor prescribed a glucose tolerance test for me.  I had to eat certain things for three (3) days prior to the test...and then fast for 12 hours before starting the test.  On the first blood draw, my glucose reading (after 12 hours of fasting mind you) was 157.  NOT GOOD!  The guidelines they have set up at that lab say they must NOT be higher than 152 to continue the test.  So, they cancelled the test and sent me home.

At my next visit, when they checked my sugar reading, it was above normal.  So, with all the signs and symptoms, they diagnosed me as a type 2 diabetic.  I had heard about LDL and had been investigating what it consisted of eating and had already made up my mind and with the little knowledger I had, we tried it for three days on our vacation just prior to these doctor visits.  Hubby and I both felt better in just those three days.  Circumstances prevented us from continuing on at that point.  But, we had already made up our minds that when we got back home we were going to start LDL...

That was 14 months ago, and 47 pounds ago.  Now glucose readings run around the 98-105 area.  A1C's are at 6 and those are also good numbers.  Doctor who didn't understand LDL when I was trying to explain it to him is now in favor of it.  He has seen what has happened to my nunbers.  Check my post in medical success stories re: triglycerides lowered.  In March those are scheduled to be checked again.  Fantastic results were obtained in 30 days!

The fruit doesn't elevate my sugars.  I am very careful atr the moment to NOT eat many oranges or bananas as I know they are high on the Glycemic Index.  I find that I really don't miss them either.  There are so many other fruits that I like so much better anyway!

Keep asking questions.  Keep reading posts.  Keep trying recipes.  You will find that LDL really works!!!  It is the best thing I have found to help keep you healthy!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi John,
    As far as weight is concerened I don't know now how much I have lost. But this morning when I got up my sugar was at 85. Sometimes it is not this good but up around 100. Before ldl it was always above 170. My a1c was 8 and now it is 6. Go ahead give us a try you'll see. You will be a new man.      Judie
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi all...

I do not know why I never noticed this thread before!!!  And even though it's been dormant for a while...it's time to REVIVE it!!!

I am a type II Diabetic....have been for a long time....10+ years and since starting LDL on Sept.22nd this year...I have lost 22 pounds and my blood sugar has NEVER been better.... My readings have gone from 150-175 first thing in the morning to 90-115 in the morning...and at 5pm when getting home from work...it's been as low as 86, which is amazing!!

LDL is the best thing that has happened to me...the lifestyle change...eating the LDL way...I feel better, sleep better, and have been taken off one of my diabetes meds already.   My next doc visit in early March, with complete bloodwork 2 weeks before the appointment, is going to blow my doc's mind!!   I have been such a naughty patient...not taking very good care of myself for forever.  I also have neuropathy and was shocked...had no clue what that is...and now I do...the hard way.  I am taking my meds faithfully, and I am blessed that it's not too terribly bad.    I know it can't be reversed, but progression can be stopped, and I'm praying that will be the case for me.

I had pretty much decided that because I was 56...loosing weight, etc. is just about impossible...but with LDL, it's not...stay true to LDL, and it just happens!  Cant say enough good things about it!

Praising God for LDL,
Doreen
Last edited by Saved4Life on December 3rd, 2008, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

What a blessing, Doreen!  I'm so happy to hear about your lower numbers.  Isn't LDL wonderful?  You hear all these horror stories about the diabetes epidemic that is rampant in the USA (and probably around the world, too) and you have to think about all the sugar added to everything....fast food, baked goods, packaged goods, etc.  It's not surprising that its finally having an impact on people's bodies.  But it seems that LDL can deliver people from much of the diabetic cycle of disease.  Praise God!!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thank you Roger & Pat...

I just hope and pray that even if only one person is inspired and encouraged by my story, they will make the decision to try LDL.

My blood sugar today at noon was 82...I can hardly believe it...I owe it all to the BEANS over the past few days, been eating plenty and feeling full!

Love in His Name,
Doreen
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Saved4Life wrote:My blood sugar today at noon was 82...I can hardly believe it...I owe it all to the BEANS over the past few days, been eating plenty and feeling full!

that's WONDERFUL :thumbsup: AND you attribute it to the beans you've been eating...........what i've always said....beans are NOT the answer to every problem, but they're the perfect food as far as i'm concerned...........niki(aka..the bean queen)
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Hi Doreen,
I am a type II Diabetic also, I also have neuropathy, and am on the same meds that you are. I have been on ldl since Dec.2008, I haven't really lost any weight to speak of. I keep bouncing back and fourth, but it will come. My A1C is 6.6
    I know I sure feel a lot better even though i haven't lost the weight!!!!!

LV
Marie
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

thyroid wrote:Hi Doreen,
I am a type II Diabetic also, I also have neuropathy, and am on the same meds that you are. I have been on ldl since Dec.2008, I haven't really lost any weight to speak of. I keep bouncing back and fourth, but it will come. My A1C is 6.6

marie.....diabetics lose weight with more difficulty...plus, you have an underactive thyroid like i do...........i lost an average of 4 pounds a month on let's do lunch....but, there were 2 months 2 different times that i lost nothing...then, i would get up one day and feel thin and find that i'd lost 5 pounds....i see that you eat a lot of beans :thumbsup:.......continue doing that...in fact, the more beans you can manage to eat, the better..........if i were you, i would eliminate ALL occasional foods, which is what i did to lose weight myself(or maybe you already have)..if you already have, then keep up the good work....you'll lose all the weight you want to lose...............sincerely,niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Marie & I both hit the tacos pretty hard... maybe that's why we haven't lost weight!  :rolleyes:  I had to cut out the daily corn thins 'cause I could tell I was gaining.  Marie & her hubby both play golf though, so they are getting good exercise, which I'm not.  Niki, do you do anything for regular exercise above what you get in your daily job?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Gwennaford wrote:  Niki, do you do anything for regular exercise above what you get in your daily job?

i have this syndrome thing going on....here's how it goes.......i'm great on let's do lunch for weeks going into months.....i'm power walking 3 miles most days(or at least 3-4x/week).......THEN, i eat something i shouldn't for whatever reason..that sets me on a course of eating things i shouldn't be eating....i then have less energy and stop walking(over the period of time that i'm eating things i shouldn't).............
i was very careful in what i was eating before my daughter's wedding....i had a size 12 and a 14 of the same dress and i wanted to fit into the 12........I DID....but, what led up to that was that i had a cyst on my back that got infected...i got a surgeon from my job to open his office for me(to open and drain it)and he said,"i CAN'T do that here..i have to take you to the or...AND you'll have to spend the night in the hospital so i can give you iv antibiotics and pull the packing in the wound before you go home tomorrow"...and THAT was the weekend before my daughter's wedding.....so, i call it "the infection diet".........the week before that happened i was running 101-102 fevers, so i wasn't eating much....i ate at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding after which i was fully recovered and ate whatever i wanted.............
  not to mention that my father has been back in the hospital for the last few months......
  SO, now i'm getting ready to get back on track.......i'm giving up coffee AGAIN(LOVE IT) and i'll start walking regularly......as often as i can......i powerwalk 3 miles in about 45 minutes.....before i do that, i do crunches for my abs and i stretch and do lunges to really warm my legs up because i'm prone to shin splints...and then i walk....................time to cook up the beans.....   
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

thyroid wrote:Hi Doreen,

LV
Marie

Hey Marie,

I lost almost 30 pounds fairly quickly in the first couple of months, but alot of that was because it was a big change in eating, water weight, etc.  Typically I have always lost a bunch when first starting a "diet", so this did not surprise me.  The difference this time, is I didn't throw in the towel, and gain it all back, plus some. 

However, I don't seem to be losing at all this month, as of today's monthly weigh in.  BUT...my blood sugar remains perfect, my good cholesterol is UP, my bad cholesterol is DOWN, and every other test known to man that was done on my blood work - all the numbers were in the low/normal range...so I got a big A+ on my blood work  :thumbsup:

I am NOT discouraged, I know the weight will start melting away.  I have Faith, I know this is the right way to eat and the proof is in the outstanding report I got on my blood work.  And the neuropathy seems to be "in check" and has not gotten worse at all.    That's what it's all about - being healthier.  The number on the scale doesn't intimiate me one bit  :angel:

Hang in there...it's so worth it, just to be healthier.  The weight loss will come, no doubt about it  ;)

Have a BEAN-utiful day,
Doreen *love*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Neets just told me that I am being a jerk! She said that everyone wants to lose weight, but sometimes you just have human feelings that take over and control you. So, she said I should apologize...which I am doing herewith!

Just please understand that I sooo want you all to lose the weight you want, and therefore I get carried away with my comments.

I'm sooo sorry!

Lovey'all,

RT

Atta Girl, Neets, you tell him!

However...I don't think an apology is required...we're tough...we can take it!  I know that you, Roger, were speaking straight from the heart...no meaness intended  *love*

Doreen
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

CORN THIN TACOS, ROGER ! ! ! CORN THIN TACOS ! ! !  WHOA - DOWN BOY!  Even corn thins & LDL taco fillings are nutrient rich and calorie dense, so it doesn't take many of them, too many days in a row for me to gain weight.

Don't forget -- You are an active six-foot-something MAN ( *grrr*) who plays golf & lifts Vita-Mixes,wine bottles & trophies for exercise.  I am a sedentary 5-1/2 foot WOMAN ( :angel:) whose exercise consists primary of running my mouth.  BIG difference in how our bodies can process food.

Please tell Neets I said you are not being a jerk, you are just very very dedicated to catching your little sheep before they go too far astray.

I give you permission to jump on my case any time you feel it's necessary to keep me on the straight & narrow because I know, only too well, that "broad is the road that leads to death"!

Have you ever noticed what's at the center of the word, death?

[glow=red,2,300]E  A  T  H  [/glow]

YOUR FRIEND FOREVER,

Gwennaford
Last edited by Gwennaford on March 30th, 2009, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote: Just don't worry about it, keep on keeping on, stay off your scales and keep watching for your clothes to get looser.

Your scale will tell you, once in awhile, that you have gained a few pounds...but you really haven't!

Boy oh boy....Ain't it the truth - AMEN, AMEN!  :angel:

Also....I have found that if I weigh within 2 hours of taking my daily dose of Vetavitameatavegamin, the scale goes wacky...but I don't poop out at parties any more!  And it's so Tasty too!

;D  *woot*  ;D
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Well, OF COURSE I agree with YOU, Roger,  :angel:  ....

but my bodyclothesbellyboobshipsthighsarms&fingers agreed with the scale and it appears in the case of LDL tacos, they overruled us.  I CANNOT eat all I want, as often as I want, of EVERY LDL food, even the basic ones, even without the occasional extras. 

Things like Corn Thin Tacos are so nutritionally dense, I just have to enjoy them once in a while, spacing them out & alternating with less concentrated food choices.

Still your friend forever...
Gwennaford
ImageImage
applesnalmonds

Post by applesnalmonds »

Hi everyone.  I have just signed up.  I read the article in First today.  I went to Barnes & Noble but they said it could be 3 weeks before they will have the book.  I read what diabetics are saying about ldl and I'm very anxious to get started.  I am a diabetic-not on insulin.  For snacks I eat a small apple with some almonds.  I don't even know yet if almonds are allowed.  I was concerned abut eating all the fruit (which I love).  I am reassured now & can't wait to get going.