gastroesophegeal reflux disease(GERD)

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
niki

gastroesophegeal reflux disease(GERD)

Post by niki »

really common guys....a LOT of people take medication for this...the pharmaceutical companies REALLY clean up in profits from these meds......anyone have this problem?...and HOW has let's do lunch affected it?...thanks...niki 
minnieme

Re: gastroesophegeal reflux disease(GERD)

Post by minnieme »

Hi Niki

I have GERD (diagnosed back in the mid 90s).  I was on a weight loss program right before ldl that involved low carb and high protein/fat food combining with an "eat until you are full" philosophy.  However, I found that I was eating rich buttery sauces, heavy whipping cream, etc. right up until bedtime.  I was experiencing terrible reflux to the point where when I went to sleep I would awaken suddenly with a feeling of "drowning" in reflux :o YUK!

Now with ldl I don't have any reflux even though I allow myself smoothies and/or popcorn before bed.  GOD IS GOOD.

Hope this informs.

God Bless Us Everyone.

Mary :)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

please have an endoscopy done and be checked for Barrett's Esophagus..this is almost a precursor for cancer of esophagus if you have suffered from chronic reflux or GERD...my wife is being checked for it this week because she has been on Nexium for a few years with no relief from reflux. The LDL has made it better but cannot tolerate too much of the citrus because to aggravates her reflux and heartburn. Her gastrointerologist feels this may be her case if the Nexium has not helped after all of this time.

rh
Richard Hernandez
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Yes Roger God is so good!  I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being disciplined enough to listen and obey God's direction.

You have blessed many people with Let's Do Lunch!

God Bless Us Everyone!

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Richard

Thank you for your advice.  I have had an endoscopy and been on and off Nexium.  However, I am convinced that as long as I continue to lifestyle with LDL I will continue to be free of my reflux.  I pray that all goes well with your Wife.

God Bless Us Everyone

Mary
marilyn730

Post by marilyn730 »

I've got to tell everyone that after being on LDL for 1 week my reflux is gone. I take reflux medicine and was popping pepcid and tums all day long. Wow! I am once again able to sleep on my right side again without waking up in the middle of the night with problems. (Could only sleep on my left before and still had problems waking up with reflux sometimesl)

Went to my doctor yesterday and she was amazed!
To top it off I've lost 3 1/2 pounds and today is my birthday! (Don't ask how old) I'm going to lunch with my best friend and my husband is taking me out tonight so I have to be very careful. Anyone got any pointers? I sure don't want to be back where I was a week ago.

Thanks everyone,
Marilyn
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Happy Birthday Marilyn..I hope it is super..
If I were you for lunch I would eat a HUGE salad less the cheese and croutons along with bean soup if available...or any acceptable LDL vegetables...then eat my protein meal at night with the husband....keeping it with LDL foods such as grilled chicken  or fish and roasted vegetables....many restaurants now have menus with healthier options for sides...just order plenty of the right foods and stay away from the bread!!!Good luck and have fun! COngrats ot the acid reflux progress..Praise God!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

my advise to you is ENJOY YOURSELF.....
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!....how old are you now?...how old are you now?....how old are you now?....how old are you now?
    i wasn't asking how old you are.....i was just singing the song...................
    ang gave you great advise.....go for it..........niki
ps...and thanks for posting your success...and thanks for posting it in it's topic on the medical success board.....i'm trying to organize them this way so that someone with the same problem can see how let's do lunch can help them..................     
Last edited by niki on August 24th, 2006, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BettyBoop

Post by BettyBoop »

Marilyn, it seems I posted my happy birthday message to you in the wrong place as it seems everyone else is wishing you a happy birthday under this heading.  I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it was your birthday.

Again, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and I hope you have many more to celebrate.

Betty
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
marilyn730

Post by marilyn730 »

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes. Got thru lunch just fine with your advice. Even talked my best friend into doing LDL with me.
Now to get thru my birthday dinner with my husband.

You are all just great!
Marilyn
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Marilyn, You gave your friend such an awesome gift on your birthday...LDL!!  ANG
lhernandez
New, but learning

Post by lhernandez »

As my husband earlier stated, I had the endoscopy done and as my physician put it, I had everything. I have Reflux Esophagitis, an Ulcer, and Barrett's Esophagus. I went without the Nexium for almost a month while we were on LDL and was really praying that being on this diet and eating better would get rid of all the reflux and I would no longer have to take the Nexium. Unfortunately for me my body just produces way too much acid so we have had to actually double the Nexium I take every day. However, I know that being on LDL I am eating much healthier and that still has to be better for me than eating all the nasty foods we were eating.
lhernandez
New, but learning

Post by lhernandez »

That would be so fantastic and I don't think I would know how to act if that happens!!!

I will keep you posted and we will see how it goes.

::)

Regards,
LH