Blood Sugar

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Vinnythechef

Blood Sugar

Post by Vinnythechef »

After reviewing my blood levels for the past few months my Dr. strongly suggested either LOSE WEIGHT or go on insulin, NO WAY, I started LDL 2 weeks ago and my levels have gone from 140 to 115 (today) I am on a roll, and lovin it!!  I love to cook as I was a culinary instructor for 20 years. I have been retired for 6 months due to health reasons, but I am keeping busy cooking up the recipes from LDL and coming up with new ones, which I plan on sharing. I just ordered 3 more books to send to family and friends, they want me to cook and plan there meals using the LDL recipes, NO PROBLEM!! I do exercise, and today I plan on weighing in, I know its a little early but I feel lighter SO I just can't wait to see it in black and white!!
jeandolleen

Re: Blood Sugar

Post by jeandolleen »

Hi Vinny,  congratulations and welcome you are doing great.  My daughter-in-law just found out that she is diabetic and is suppose to see a dietician.  I told them about LDL and the great success everyone is having.  Keep up the good work and make sure you share your recipes.  Jean 
niki

Post by niki »

hey vinny the chef..if you're going to pick that name,now you HAVE to come up with new recipes to share...and if your name is vinny,i would say there's a good possiblity you're italian so that means i might get some new ldl allowable recipes for my mediterranean palate...
  that's wonderful that your blood sugars are down...i would like to know when you eat fruit and wether you're eating it liberally until full...........
  you're doing great......you're already losing...i weigh myself when i see that my clothes are looser...it might be less than a month...once i waited two months.......so that's absolutely fine......make sure you eat until full...keep the more portable snacks handy.....popcorn,soynuts and roasted chick peas(if you can find them...i don't know if you live in ny)....never be hungry...............congratulations on your present success and good luck on your future endeavors.....welcome to our boards..................niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Congratulations, Vinny!!

I wasn't a culinary chef, but I was a speciality dessert maker.  Funny thing was, I was THIN when I had that job!!  Not surprising, though... I'd perfected the recipes so that I didn't need to taste them to know that they were going to be good... and didn't have any trouble getting testers - the boys in the bakery were always willing to sample!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
vacoder

Post by vacoder »

Hi Vinny

I am new to the Board and my husband is a diabetic. He thinks he cannot do the plan with all the fruit - any suggestions for him as to how you did it? I would really appreciate your input.
niki

Post by niki »

hi vacoder.....take a look at the topic "type 2 diabetes"....mary shares how she has lowered her blood sugars and decreased her medication...what i would suggest to every diabetic is that they closely monitor their blood sugars and keep a journal of what they're eating on what days in order to track what they're doing and comparing it to their blood sugars....this is what i recommend to my patients when i do diabetic teaching....and then please be sure to share your success with us...welcome to our boards...........niki
vacoder

Post by vacoder »

Thanks so much for the reply. My husband is going to consider your suggestion. I am loving every minute of this plan. So happy I found you!!!!!