lab results

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
rhernan216

lab results

Post by rhernan216 »

ok guys here are my latest lab results and being down 30 lbs since the last time i was at the doctor no doubt has been helpful:

total cholesterol 129
tri 160
hdl 20.9
ldl 76

blood sugar 109...which i understand it should be less than 100 to be considered normal.

I am troubled that my good cholesterol is so low and hopefully as continue on LDL and increase my exercise activity it will improve.

rh
Richard Hernandez
tcasola
Administrator

Re: lab results

Post by tcasola »

Rich,

Good going !! Don’t dwell on the negative, only on the positive. Or look at it this way, what would your blood sugar level be if you were 30 pound heavier?

In the next month I head to the doctors for my routine checkup. I hope I see some improvement with my numbers. I have the heart attack/stroke trifeca: being overweight, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. If I kept the way I was going, I would be in an early grave. No with LDL, I know I am on the road to a long and happier life. Praise God, Roger Troy, and the rest of you folks who are helping me. The only negative I see is youse will have to put up with my posts and humor for a loooooonnnnnggg time.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

thank you Roger...and everyone else for your prayers and best wishes. I haven't felt this great in years. I have so much more energy around the house to do chores and also finding time to play with my kids in the pool. Don't get me wrong i still need a nap ocassionally after i swim a couple of hours with them but it is the best most restful sleep. I don't wake up hungry or famished to eat something bad anymore like i used to. For lunch today I made a huge pot of Little Mary's pizza soup and the kids and me devoured it. It still amazes me to watch them eat this food with such zeal. You would think i had 4 pepperoni pizzas in front of them.lol. update...my 11 year old bean hater son has lost 15 pounds so far and the two teenage girls are about to hit the 20 lb mark themselves.

staying commited and feeling blessed!

rh
Richard Hernandez
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey Rich, your family's success is such an inspiration! Wow, way to go, kids!!! :)  Whoo-hoo! Blood sugars in the 70-120 range are acceptable, so don't beat yourself up over the 109. That's not bad at all.....And don't sweat about your HDL level so much, Rich. That one is a real  toughie to get up. I've been a veg head for several years AND I do aerobic exercise a few times a week and mine still stays low. Another normal-weight, meat-eating exercise buddy of mine also has a low HDL. Some of us will just be that way. I refuse to be put on meds for it, though. It'll come up a bit as I tweak things along my life path and see what does or does not work for me. ...I really enjoy reading about your success and progress so much! It helps me make better choices in my own life! :) ....nyKath
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

WTG Rich and family!

One of the biggest advantages I see with the LDL change of life, is the fact that it works for the entire family. By bringing the whole family on board, hopefully it will produce a lifetime style change for your children and they will not have to endure the problems that many of us have had as obese adults.

Patty
niki

Post by niki »

richard...that is wonderful to see your whole family do so well.....
  it just takes longer to get the hdl going...let's see how it is in 6 months(or a year)...
  that blood sugar is fine......................niki 
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

well if anything thing LDl has me tuned into my body and how eating the right foods can make a difference overall.

rh
Richard Hernandez