Doctor’s visit.

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
tcasola
Administrator

Doctor’s visit.

Post by tcasola »

Went to see the doctor today (on my 2nd month LDL Anniversary), and some promising results.

First of all, my doctor was very happy I was on a new eating plan. She stated she’s never seen me so enthusiastic concerning losing weight. Between what I was explaining about the program, and skimming through the book, she was very pleased what she saw. Being from the “European” viewpoint (she’s from Poland), she was very excited about the “more fruits, more vegetable, some lean meat” ideology Roger Troy (LDL) promotes (yes Niki, she also happy about the beans – and was surprise to hear I knew what a "complete protein " was). She also agreed the reason so many overweight folks fail on other diets are the restricted portions one has to eat.

She think Roger was is on the right track with the “You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED)” and “"ingredients in, ingredients out". She echoed Roger Troy’s concept that as a person loses weight, their stomach will shrink, and they will lose weight. She also reiterated her losing weight mantra  - which basically is, don’t be discouraged if one loose a small amount of weight in a certain period of time. She say’s it’s best to lose small amount of weight over a long period of time, then to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. She believes it better on the body, and success rates are higher, when someone loses weight over a period of time. She did her standard “if you loose only 1 pound per week, in year’s time you’ll be 52 pounds lighter. In two years, you’re a 104 pound lighter” speech. She was preaching to the choir.

I still could not be weighed (so I am still over 350  :-\), but she was happy to hear I have dropped in pants size. The one result we could verify was a drop in my blood pressure (last time I was 135/92, and today I was 130/88 – not great, but extremely better then when I first started – I don’t think I’d be lying if I said at one time I was 160/110). She contributes it to the medication, and the weight loss.

She wants to see me in November, and we’ll be doing blood work, and compare it to the last test. By that time I’ll be on LDL for 4 ½ months. I know the result will improve.

Of course I thank the Lord, and give him praise, for giving me each day – and allowing LDL into my life. But I also need to thank Roger Troy, and the entire LDL multitude, for: helping me; giving me encouragement; giving me advice; bestowing your wisdom; listening to my rambles; laughing at my bad jokes/pun, and mostly for saving me from an early grave path.

Bless you all.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Grammasuz

Re: Doctor’s visit.

Post by Grammasuz »

:D  Way to go Tom!! And as long as you are seeing the difference in way things fit, you don't need a scale to say you are accomplishing something good for yourself!  Keep up the good work!!  Suzie
maggiemae

Post by maggiemae »

Tom,

That is GREAT news!  I am so happy for you.  I, too, have hypertension which I inherited from my mother's side of the family.  I'm taking meds for it.  I see the doctor every 3 months and get blood work done every 6 months (due to borderline sugar).  

Reading your post reminded me of something I've been meaning to post:  each night on my drive home from work there is a huge billboard on the side of Rt. 33 which reads:  "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT" and underneath that it reads:  "SO EAT WELL".   Obviously, it's an ad for a restaurant (called Mollie's somewhere is Stroudsburg, PA).  Each night I see this billboard I think how true that statement is!  

Honestly, if there boards weren't here I wouldn't have carried on so well with Lets Do Lunch.  The inspiration and support of this community is what helps keep me going.  Roger seems to not want to take credit but I, too, have to thank him and I do each and everyday.  I also thank God for putting him in to my life (in an indirect way as I've never met Roger personally) each and everyday as well.

Take care, Tom......and keep on keepin' on!

Maggie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Tom, that is fantastic!  Even though she couldn't weigh you, you KNOW that you've dropped pounds - and maybe the next visit you'll be able to use the scale.

The drop in BP is slight - but a drop is a drop! 

Big congratulations to you!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

hi tom..........you're doing great.....and you're very fortunate to have such a supportive dr(ESPECIALLY one who appreciates the importance of beans...haha)...honestly,you guys are not at a disadvantage that you can't weigh yourselves....as far as i'm concerned,you're better off................keep up the good work................niki 
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Tom,
Thats awesome!!  Praise God for the wonderful blessing of LDL!!
I have already told you ....you are not boring and that if you write childrens books I will buy them!! God bless!!
ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Fabulous news, Tom! Also glad you've found a doc that's willing to listen to you and work with you on this instead of just tossing some pre-fab diet instructions at you and wishing you well. Way to go!!! :) ....nyKath
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Tom that is amazing.  Im so proud of you!!!! 
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE