Diverticulitis

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
linda7777

Diverticulitis

Post by linda7777 »

I have a friend that is thinking about this program---but she has diverticulitis and thinks she can't eat the beans.  Can anyone offer any information on this??
Thank you very much.
Blessings,
Linda
nyKath

Re: Diverticulitis

Post by nyKath »

Hi Linda. Wasn't your friend given a diet list by her doc?? Anyway, I just had to research this for my hubs who had a recent attack. Seeds, nuts, and popcorn are the things to be avoided very strongly, so things like raspberries, cucumbers, blueberries, strawberries, melon seeds (some people like to swallow them!) and grapes WITH seeds are troublesome. As are any kind of nut, even the soft ones like pignoli nuts. I'm not sure about toasted soy beans since they are a bean, but as they're so hard, we're going to avoid them. (at least my guy is) Hull-less popcorn would be okay, but she'd have to pop her own in a popper or a pot as I don't think there's any available in microwave packets. Beans are okay according to my research as long as they're well cooked. Fruits like apples and pears should always be peeled so the skins aren't eaten. (Gotta watch for applesauce and fruit pies).  No whole grain breads, either, as they often have nuts and poppy or sesame seeds, etc. on and in them. ....At least this is the information that I was able to get from several sites including eMedicine, the Mayo Clinic site, and one of the IBS sites (inflammatory bowel syndrome). Hubs was sent home from the ER with instructions to not eat nuts, seeds, and popcorn. I found the rest out myself.  Your friend's research and/or handouts from her practitioner may differ, but I'll be helping the hubs out according to what I've found. Nuts were his big no-no anyway - ate them all day long. (He doesn't follow LDL as he's not overweight, darn him!) Good luck to you and your bud, Linda. Bye now! ....NYKath
linda7777

Re: Diverticulitis

Post by linda7777 »

Thank you very much----I'll get this message  out to her.Bless you,
Linda