hypercholesterolemia(elevated cholesterol levels)

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
niki

hypercholesterolemia(elevated cholesterol levels)

Post by niki »

hey guys..........i didn't make that word up...that's what it's called....share with us here,what changes you see in your lab results regarding your cholesterol levels......people have already shared this a few times...but,let's put it here too,so that EVERYONE can know EVERYTHING that let's do lunch has done for us...............niki     
bleego
New, but learning

Re: hypercholesterolemia(elevated cholesterol levels)

Post by bleego »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is kind of long, but I believe it is significant and speaks wonders for LDL.
My husband and I have been on LDL since May 15th of this year(5 Months).
As of today he has lost a total of 45 lbs. I have lost 24(I lose slowly, but it is going in the right direction).
He had a doctors appointment this morning. I am going to post his test results for January 2006, July 2006 and October 2006. This is amazing to me. And even better he is so pleased.

Normal Range                1/4/06        7/12/06    10/10/06

Triglycerides   <150                           148             165           108
Cholesterol,Total  <200                     238             146           128
HDL(Happy Cholesterol) >40               32 (L)          28(L)       34(L)
LDL(Lousy Cholesterol)  <130           176(H)           85           72
Chol/HDLC Ratio             <5.0            7.4(H)           4.9           3.8

His blood pressure today was 130/84, Dr said it was excellent.
The doctor was shocked that he had lost over 20 lbs since his visit in July.
He then proceeded to question my husband about LDL, said he hadn't written the name down when I was in there last. But after seeing both our results he had some other patients he wanted on this way of eating.
Again thanks to our father above for giving this wisdom to Roger to share with the world. I hope this gives everyone incentive to stay with the program, for your health as well as losing the unneeded weight.

Oh yes, the doctor said even though the good cholesterol is a little low, he is not worried about it, and to continue on with exactly what he is doing and he feels it will also improve  in another 3 months.

Barb 
Barb
niki

Post by niki »

these are awesome results...thank you SO much for posting them here............niki
niki

Post by niki »

i just got the results of some of my routine labs..at one point,because of my thyroid,my cholesterol was in the low 200s..not long before i started let's do lunch,it was 176...my triglycerides were 108...now my cholesterol is 144 and my triglycerides are 60...my good cholesterol went from 46 to 54 and my bad one went from 108 to 78 (which doesn't necessarily happen when the cholesterol is down)my ratio went from 3.8 to 2.7........
   i have copies of my labs going back to 2000....i have lab results from when i was fanatically exercising..teaching aerobic classes,weight training..working out....and my eating wasn't as out of control as it later became.....my bad cholesterol was as high as 136 compared to the 78 that it is now......looks good to me..............niki
Last edited by niki on January 4th, 2007, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

whoo hoo... you go girl!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Niki - those are really GREAT numbers!!  Yes, LDL IS the best way to eat EVER.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Way to go girl!! Just keep on keeping on...

What great results...without HAVING to exercise...unless you want to!  No one believes that!  BUT...we know it is true!

I think as we lose weight and begin to feel more energetic we will begin to do some...even just walking will help.

Anyway, great results.  Keep on keeping on.....

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

thanks, you guys.....
   but what i even mean,jeanne(haha...that rhymes),is that when i was exercising AND eating pretty healthily my cholesterol levels were higher,my good cholesterol lower and my bad cholesterol was WAY HIGHER compared to ONLY let's do lunch and NO exercise...i had started a weight program that i was doing every other day or so...but,i haven't done it in a month or two since i fell down the stairs.....now i have to get the energy up to go back..i put worship music on and squats and lunges and other stuff for a pretty much full body workout in a short period of time....
  i'm a BIG advocate of exercise for that great feeling it gives you and for increasing your fitness level.....but with let's do lunch i did what i wasn't able to do with exercise AND reasonably healthy eating which included sugars and unhealthy carbs........JUST let's do lunch.................niki
Last edited by niki on January 5th, 2007, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Fell down the stairs?!?!?! When did this happen Niki?? I don't recall you mentioning anything about falling down stairs! Did I miss it somewhere?! I hope not!
Here's hoping you're feeling much better!!
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Veronica,

Don't you remember us all "yelling" at her for not telling us for - like a week after it happened?  It was right around the same time that NJ hurt herself... at least I think that's when she was talking about...

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

oh yeah!!!  I forgot about that!!!..LOL! Shows how long ago that was!
niki

Post by niki »

you guys are so funny...i think it was sometime in october...i was on vacation when it happened........i'm TOTALLY recovered...it took at least a month and a half for me to be able to sit in a car comfortably...i was just really glad i didn't break anything....
  well,carolyn,i'll never try to slip anything past you...you remembered all the details.......niki 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

niki;

You better watch that Bean Princess! I think she was looking for an excuse to yell at you again!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

niki wrote:   well,carolyn,i'll never try to slip anything past you...you remembered all the details.......niki 

I used to have a great memory... now just certain things "stick"... when it comes to my friends, however, I DO remember when things happen to them!!!

Carolyn

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

NIKI,

Would it be possible for you to post the "IDEAL" Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, etc. numbers that the doctors are shooting for?  I would just like to know what they think is normal so I know where I stand on the "normal" chart.  I have never been NORMAL my whole entire life, so why would I think that I am now.  But, with LDL, I know that my numbers will fall into their normal guidelines soon.

If this is tooooo much trouble, don't bother.  If not, I would appreciate seeing them.

Keep on keeping on...we are following you...to our goals...bean queen.........

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

OK Here is my latest #'s AND the normal #'s:

Total Cholesterol: 172 (<200 desirable, 200-239 borderline high risk, 240 or higher high risk)

BAD  LDL Chol: 113 (<130 desirable, < 100 desirable for people w/ known heart disease or diabetes)

Good HDL Chol: 39( > 35 men and > 45 women Desirable)

Blood fat (triglycerides) 101( < 200 desirable)

Total chol/HDL ratio: 4.4 (<5 men, <4.3 women desirable)

These are mine with the Kaiser listed norms/desired #'s in ( ). SOOO I guess I'm not as bad as I could be? I mean My HDL could be better, and so could the ratio and over all total. But with LDL that should improve greatly! (I hope especially since we don't eat a lot of chicken etc here in our home!)
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Veronica,

Thanks for posting those numbers.  I am moving my appts for later this month to the middle of next month when I already have an appt scheduled at the same place...just a different doc/dietician to see.  It makes more sense to me to only have to use one two (2) hour time slot to do both!

Thanks again!  Have a great and blessed day!

Jeanne