Touching base with all of my Medical Great News!! Thanks to God, LDL & Roger!!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
ammo2ammo2
New, but learning

Touching base with all of my Medical Great News!! Thanks to God, LDL & Roger!!

Post by ammo2ammo2 »

;D

Hey all - just wanted to tell everyone about how it's going here in Chicago Illinois.
I haven't been on the boards in a while but I am happy to be able to give an update of my LDL success!!
I started LDL on 4/16/07 - after a very disheartening trip to my doctor & being deeply ashamed of how I looked in the mirror. I honestly thought it would be another try & fail endeavor. I knew my husband was hopeful but not wanting to get his hopes "up" again. I too, like Roger, had tried everything but Gastric Bypass (and had even gone to a meeting to learn about that as well). My doctor told me i would have to go to a Dietitian - said I was "pre-diabetic" and had me on 5 medications for Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure. He basically said point blank - you have to lose weight or you will die soon. I was obese, I had to face it.
Instead of the road laid out by my doctors predictions and sober talk, one day later,  God led me to LDL and Roger Troy - Praise God for answered prayers!! I was desperate, afraid of dying young (I was only 38), and missing all of the great plans God had for my life.
I was skeptical when i picked up LDL - a chocolate fanatic like me - never craving it again - Right!  I read the entire book twice, bawled my eyes out twice, and knew that this was God's answer for me. Now, I eat until I am full, barely exercise (although i lost faster when i did swim in the summer), and am a true believer (in more ways than one).
I won't bore you with all of the details - but so far I have lost 70 pounds, am off all meds (except my Thyroid meds which i was on before I was ever heavy and were the reason my doctors said i would most likely Never be able to take off the weight), and had energy and hope to burn.
My desire is that my story is some help to anyone trying to decide to make this a part of their life or to anyone thinking of quitting LDL. Don't give up, even if i never lose another pound - i am soo grateful, so much healthier, and abundantly overwhelmed by all that God, Roger & LDL have done for me - for us!!
Peace & Joy,
Lori
niki
Administrator

Re: Touching base with all of my Medical Great News!! Thanks to God, LDL & Roger!!

Post by niki »

HOW WONDERFUL to hear of your success.....just when you thought there was no help, here comes LET'S DO LUNCH......it HAS saved so many lives...God really is SO good to have given roger this wonderful answer for so many and then to make a way for so many more people to hear about it...........
  keep us all posted, lori...that's a tremendous amount of weight to have lost....there are so many that read these boards that will be inspired by your success..........keep up the good work as you continue to honor God in your life...............in Him,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Touching base with all of my Medical Great News!! Thanks to God, LDL & Roger!!

Post by Forever Young »

[glow=red,2,300]CONGRATULATIONS,  LORI!!![/glow]

We are so proud of your great success on Let's Do Lunchtm!  Yes, God is truly awesome and it is so wonderful of Him to give Roger the LDL program.  I also had to go see a dietician.  She listened to me explain the LDL program to her.  Then the only thing she said was she was "afraid I wouldn't get enough..."FAT" in my diet".  So, she made me promise that IF I was hungry in the mornings that I would fry an egg in EVOO and eat it along with my fruit.  (She forgot that we use oil for popcorn and I use it to "LDL FRY" fish and veggies, so I do get enough of it.)  I did that a couple of mornings and found that I really don't want it or need it.  I am completely satisfied with my LDL fruits.  Now my doctor is thoroughly convinced that what I am doing is great.  He said he has a bunch of patients that need to lose weight and get control of their cholesterol, etc.

Glad to hear you are off so many medications.  That is my goal too.  To become so slender that none of them are needed any longer.  That will be a great blessing as well as a great financial savings for us.  Believing God will deliver me from them soon.

Did you find a time when all of a sudden after being on LDL for a time that you felt like you...came alive...like the lights came back on...like the sunshine was finally entering your eyeballs?  I really don't know how to explain it, but just remember when it happened to me.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and stay on board the train...we are headed for VICTORY...and...

[glow=green,2,300]S K I N N Y T O W N !!![/glow]

Keep us posted on your success!

Jeanne

We will keep adding more cars to the train.  There is room for everyone on this train.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 7th, 2007, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Congratulations, Lori!

Like you, I think many of us turned to LDL as a last resort. No, I take that back.  LDL was the next thing we tried and ended up being the one thing that we needed and the only thing that worked!! Also like you, I've lost a good deal of weight, 49 lbs, (I still have about 25 to go) and am still thrilled with the flexibility and versatility of the plan. I am never bored! I am never hungry! Plus, I AM IN CONTROL! Considering what eating used to be like, this is a miracle.  Praise God for His goodness! His tender mercies abound in our lives.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Lori - This is FANTASTIC!!!  You are a true inspiration!  I hope you will come on the boards more often.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."