My story so far

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Gwennaford
Master Member

My story so far

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi -- I'm Gwennaford.  Roger asked me to post this here.  I'm sure I'll be writing again with more fantastic news about how the Lord is blessing me, my family and friends with this wonderful program. 

I saw Roger & Anita 2 or 3 weeks ago on "Homekeepers" with Arthlene Rippy here in Florida.  I was so intrigued with what they said, and the pizza soup recipe.  I logged on to the LDL website as soon the program was over, copied a handful of recipes & was off & running immediately.  No time like 5 a.m. for a big pot of pizza! 

I was so fat and so starved for a healthy, wholesome way of eating that doesn't depend on prepackaged, preservative-loaded, high-sodium, chemically-enhanced foods!  While I understood, in theory, why the high-glycemic "white starchy foods" make you fat & keep you hungry, I never actually gave up any of them until now.  WOW!  I Thank God, Thank God, THANK GOD that TV program found me.

I wish I had recorded the date, because I HAVE LOST 34 POUNDS since then.  I'm not kidding.  Of course, the more you have to lose, the higher the weight loss percentages, and I have 234 (now "only" 200!) pounds to lose.  Most of it was water weight, at first.  I had suffered severe edema in my feet & legs, and needed to wear compression stockings 24/7 to keep my skin from rupturing.  But after ONE WEEK I was back into my normal shoe size, after wearing my husband's shoe size for more than a year.

A bariatric surgeon and weight loss advocate had me convinced I would never be able to stop eating myself to death without surgical intervention.  I was in the process of saving up the surgeon's $500 initiation fee prior to having lap-band surgery, but I was praying for God to help me find a better way.  In faith, I believe He did, and this is it.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Queenie
Administrator

Re: My story so far

Post by Queenie »

Gwennaford,

I so look forward to hearing your progress....

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

:)  Keep us posted on your success!  Let's Do Lunchtm is the greatest plan that I have ever found!  I love the fact that you get to eat until you are FULL and you lose weight as a bonus!  But to me one of the other great things about Let's Do Lunchtm is how great your body begins to feel.  You can really start to tell the difference within a very short time span after starting LDL.

We will keep watching for your "shrinking" postings!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Many many thanks for all your warm welcomes and good wishes.  I get a charge out of reading the postings from Roger, Queenie, Jeanne, Little Mary, Niki, and all the rest.  I DO feel very welcome, and at home among kindred spirits.  I really enjoy reading your postings & seeing your friendly smiling faces. 

Roger, I don't know what the Food Police does, but I'll be happy to serve in whatever capacity I'm needed.  I can't wait to start being a living testimony to my family and friends about how great this program is, and how wonderful the Lord is for putting us together.  We're currently on a very strict budget, but I'm looking forward to buying your newest book next month with some of my food savings from this month! Don't give up on me, 'cause I'm in this for the long haul. 

I've never admitted publicly how much I weigh, WHILE I actually weigh that much!  But it just doesn't matter any more.  At the beginning of 2008 I weighed 409 pounds.  While basically a happy person, I was just SO TIRED.  Tired of hurting.  Tired of struggling.  Tired of failure.  Tired of being in a wheelchair, crippled from arthritis (more about that later).  Tired of trying to keep smiling while allowing my mind, my will, my emotions and my unruly flesh to rule my MOUTH.    :thumbdown: :tongue:

So one night while I was praying about being filled with the Holy Spirit, I got this impression of the Holy Spirit's presence moving through me, being so thick, so dense, so rich, so full, so powerful, so pervasive, that He filled every particle of me, totally blocking out MY thoughts, efforts, feelings, sensations.  Inside that place, there was no pain, no hunger, no fear, no embarrassment, no regret.  It was just Him & me -- Spirit to spirit.  It was such a warm & groovy feeling, so satisfying.  I actually started singing (mentally, 'cause husband was sleeping nearby) that sappy John Denver song..."You fill up my senses...like a night in the forest..." 

As the days passed and I continue not being hungry, I began to realize the Lord must be  demonstrating His miraculous ability to satisfy my every longing, even the acutely physical ones, and He has provided "Let's Do Lunch" as a tool.  So now I'm jazzed up.  I'm calling those things that be not as though they are, and claiming in faith that I'm a thin & healthy person, vigorous, active, pain-free -- and WALKING ! ! !

Speaking of full disclosure, can someone tell me how to add my pic (warts & all) to my profile?  I don't want to hide behind a movie star's face any more.  I want to learn how to be proud of the one God game me!    :rolleyes:

Sorry this is so long, but I'm so full of things to say, it may be a while before I run down.
Last edited by Gwennaford on January 16th, 2009, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Gwennaford wrote:It was such a warm & groovy feeling, so satisfying.  I actually started singing (mentally, 'cause husband was sleeping nearby) that sappy John Denver song..."You fill up my senses...like a night in the forest..." 

Gwennaford -

After reading the paragraph above, I figure that you must be around my age....  I was definitely "groovy", and even though I hate to admit it, I listened to John Denver.  (Partially in my defense, I was living in Colorado in my mid-upper teens!)

As far as your picture, you won't be able to add it until you have posted 10 times (an anti-hacker protection).  You will need to have a place to "post it" (most isp's give people free web space).  After you upload it to your web space, click on your picture until it is the only thing on your screen (other than the space for the website, etc.).  Simply copy the address, and post it in your profile where it says, "I have my own picture"...  If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.  You can email me directly by clicking the little envelope below my name.  I am on the computer first thing in the morning, but after that, many times don't access my email until after 4 in the afternoon, so if I don't get right back to you, that's the reason.

Carolyn

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Gwennaford,

I want to copy what you said:
"As the days passed and I continue not being hungry, I began to realize the Lord must be  demonstrating His miraculous ability to satisfy my every longing, even the acutely physical ones, and He has provided "Let's Do Lunch" as a tool.  So now I'm jazzed up.  I'm calling those things that be not as though they are, and claiming in faith that I'm a thin & healthy person, vigorous, active, pain-free -- and WALKING ! ! !"

Yes, you must mentally start to see yourself as a THIN, HEALTHY person in your minds eye.  If you start preparing yourself NOW then when you get to be that THIN person, you will recognize  yourself in the mirror.  It is a dramatic change for you...as well as for your family and friends.  Never before have I thought that the "smaller" (Although the NOT as SMALL person before) person looking at me from the mirror was me, it was an adjustment for me to begin to see someone who was thinner...and healthier.  I am still mentally preparing myself for an even SMALLER me!

Yes, you can do this...and you will.  Just keep on...keeping on...and stay on board the train...keep your seat...keep eating until you are full...and losing weight on LDL...and we will all arrive at our destination in SKINNYTOWN.

Glad to hear about your experience in receiving the baptism.  That is one of the most wonderful things that has happened to me too!

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks for your helpful support, ladies.  I'm thrilled to report Neil, Michelle* & I went cruisin' to SONIC last night (Valentine's Day--ha, ha--some romance).  They had burgers & fried stuff.  I had a grilled chicken salad & threw away the croutons & dressing.  I would have eaten a little bit of dressing, but their two "light" choices were so loaded with sugar that I passed.  Yay for LDL!!!

Jeanne, I don't have any trouble seeing myself as thinner & prettier than I really am!  In fact, I'm frequently shocked when I do look in the mirror at how badly I have aged the past 5 years.  Whether from the super-morbid obesity, arthritis, chemotherapy, hormones, or just plain TIME, I know with the Lord's help I can do WAY better than this!  See ya later in skinnytown...

I gotcha, Carolyn.  My daughters, Michelle & Kayce are the webmasters of the family, and have uploaded pictues to MySpace profile.  So I probably already have the code.  I'll check.  In the meantime, you can see us there.  Do replies count as postings toward my 10?  I'm online infrequently; it varies.  I don't expect fast answers. 

The rest is OFF TOPIC -- isn't that right?

BTW, Carolyn, don't let anyone imply there's anything wrong with John Denver!  Been loving his music since 1973-74, my sr. yr. in high school, so I'm a few years older than you.  I was 52 in January.  He's still nifty neat-o keen & groovy -- and let us not forget MELLOW!  But you gotta admit those 70's love songs can get sappy after awhile -- esp. when it's 3:00 a.m. and you're still lying in the dark trying to remember all the lyrics to "Annie's Song"!  ;D

Jeanne, I look forward to talking with you more about your H.S. experience.  That wasn't the first time for me, but it was the first time He has run interference for me to protect me from my own thoughts & emotions in promotion of my weight loss efforts.  All praises to His name!

Everyone -- please visit me at myspace.com/gwenaford (yes, it's spelled wrong in the URL)  I'd love to add you as friends.

Love to all -- Gwen
ImageImage
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Gwennie...I notice you said you wish you recorded the date you signed up?
Your profile says you signed up on Feb 5th...is that the date you signed up when you started or were you lurking earlier than that?  By the way it feels like youve been here forever girlfriend!!!  I'm really totally feeding off your excitement over lets do lunch. Keep up the good work.
Love and God Bless
Debbie 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Debbie, thanks for helping me with the time line.  Once I read a few posts & copied some recipes, I knew I was in the right place and I signed up right around the same time. 
ImageImage
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Miss Gwenaford, U R new since I used to be in here alot before my old computer died.  I hope U keep doing good. I wasn't in a wheelchair before but I never did much walking before for a long time I was a couch potato, & Lets' do Lunch has helped me make some realy positive changes plus I don't feel so tired like I used  to. I M even doing some volunteering in my spare time instead of playing video games. U can do it for sure. Your new friend, Ben
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Big Ben!  Yep, I'm brand new.  Just joined the board, apparently in February ;) & I'm having a blast.  Thank you for the tip on getting in some activity.  When you came back this week, I read that you had lost some weight and were volunteering with voting registration.  That's so great!! How did you get involved in that??  I used to work in the City Clerk's office and one of the things we did was run the City elections.  Election day was always a really exciting time. 

Thanks for the encouragement.  Now that you're back, don't go away again, K?
YOUR new friend, Gwen
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Earlier this week I realized the date for refilling my pain meds had passed & made a frantic dash to my stash -- only to discover -- you won't believe it -- -- --

[glow=red,2,300]-- THE BOTTLE WAS STILL HALF FULL !! !! !!  ;D  :o  ;D  ???  ;D  :o[/glow]

This is the same Rx for which I had been setting my alarm clock to ensure I didn't miss a dose because of the terrible withdrawal symptoms.  I have been terrified to run out due to length of time & hurdles you have to jump to get each month's supply.  Have been in discussion with my doctors for months re my SERIOUS concerns about my dependence on this Rx, but they keep reminding me this is the only med we found, in two years of trials, that consistently helps relieve the constant arthritis pain.  You can't imagine my astonishment and jubilation upon discovering that ALMIGHTY GOD has not only freed me from addiction to a strong narcotic, but HE took away the pain that required the drug in the first place !! !! !!

Even though I didn't do anything wrong and it was not my fault, the enemy has still been trying to make me feel bad and guilty about this dependence for a long time.  NOW I feel so clean -- it's like being baptised again.

[move][size=100][size=100][size=100] ;D  YAY  FOR GOD – ALL PRAISES TO HIS GLORIOUS NAME – HIS POWER, MERCY AND GRACE FLOW ABUNDANTLY OVER ME ! ! !  ;D  ;D    ;D[/size][/size][/size][move]
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Gwennaford wrote:You can't imagine my astonishment and jubilation upon discovering that ALMIGHTY GOD has not only freed me from addiction to a strong narcotic, but HE took away the pain that required the drug in the first place !! !! !!

PRAISE GOD................AMAZING news.............love,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

You can't imagine my astonishment and jubilation upon discovering that ALMIGHTY GOD has not only freed me from addiction to a strong narcotic, but HE took away the pain that required the drug in the first place !! !! !!

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW for this WONDERFUL PRAISE of HIS goodness to us!!!!

God just sort of "sneaks" up and does miracles when we are NOT even aware HE is doing anything, doesn't HE!!!!  What a great report that is...All blessings to you and keep on...keeping on...on LDL...eating until full to lose weight...and enjoying the train ride to SKINNYTOWN!!!
Love,
Jeanne
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Gwennaford - Gwennie - (do you prefer one or the other?)

You need (oh, how I dislike when someone tells me this!!) to post this in a brand new topic here on the Medical Success Stories page...  OK, you really don't "need" to - but as one of my newest friends, I'm asking that you do.  This is such fantastic news that I could just run down to Florida, pick you up, swing you around and give you big hugs!! 

I am so SO pleased about this.  It is horrible to suffer from this sort of pain - any pain is awful, I know... but a debilitating pain that is ALWAYS there.... and now it's NOT!!??!! 

I am smiling from ear to ear!

Love,
Carolyn

BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Hey Miss Gwennaford, U R on a roll. My grandma takes pain pills every day & I know its hard for her to think right & concentrate with them so its great  U can stop taking some, way 2 go! I was gonna answer the question U asked about voting & its funny cuz I never thought about it much & never thought I saw anyone I would vote 4 anyhow, & when I was back seeing my mom & grandma at Christmas I said how I wasn't liking the way the government took care of the expenses for her medications and doctors care & she asked me if I had voted. I guess my overextended credit problems had me thinking more about what bills would be hard for my gran to pay. When I said no I didnt' she told me I had no right to complain if I didnt' vote cuz thats the way U make your voice heard, & she also told me how hard it was & the struggle they had when she was a young mother & she was fighting to have a vote & even faught against others who were prejudiced and abusive just 2 have a vote.  So now I thought about it & she is right.  If U care about the war, that's what to think about, or if it's how to help people with cancer that's what 2vote about in a candidate or the people who are still putting their lives together from Katrina & nothings happening that's what 2 look 4 in a candidate or if U R looking for money to get an education U cant' complain if U dont' get it & U dont' vote.  I M just a rookie & the group is not for anyone person. I mainly just helped with flyers & helped out getting the word out that hardly anyone under the age of 35 bothers to vote which is crazy but true & also I hear folks over the age a 70 start feeling the same way & dont' go out to the polling stations, so why people my grandmas age faught 4 their rights is being lost out on.  I never got into anything other than eating & video games & sports & movies before so this is new 2 me. Who knows maybe I'll meet a nice girl out there 2, I wont' meat one on my couch right?

Your friend, Ben
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

BigBen wrote: So now I thought about it & she is right.  If U care about the war, that's what to think about, or if it's how to help people with cancer that's what 2vote about in a candidate or the people who are still putting their lives together from Katrina & nothings happening that's what 2 look 4 in a candidate or if U R looking for money to get an education U cant' complain if U dont' get it & U dont' vote.  I M just a rookie & the group is not for anyone person. I mainly just helped with flyers & helped out getting the word out that hardly anyone under the age of 35 bothers to vote which is crazy but true & also I hear folks over the age a 70 start feeling the same way & dont' go out to the polling stations, so why people my grandmas age faught 4 their rights is being lost out on.

good for you, ben.....those are great reasons to get involved in something like that..........and this also means that you'll be voting and making your voice heard...........i'm sure your grandmother is very proud of you..........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Way to go, Ben!  Volunteering is a GREAT thing to do.  You are benefiting the community, which is rewarding and exciting, and also meeting new people.  I'm sure your grandmother is so proud of you.  Be sure to tell her that some of the people on Let's Do Lunch are reporting amazing relief from arthritis pain -- maybe it can help her as well!  Thanks for the encouragement and YOU keep up the good work.  U R doing an amazing job.

Carolyn, I took your advice & copied it into a new topic here on the Medical Success Stories page.  I'm still grinning from your reply -- ready for you to swing me baby!  Call me anything you like, as long as you call me when the BEANS are ready!  ::)

Niki & Jeanne -- God does sneak up with unexpected blessings sometimes, even miracles that we don't realize right away.  Of course, I've been praying for years about my condition, but it wasn't until I got seriously involved in praying about missions outreach program at church (taking the focus off MYSELF) that I started seeing improvement in my own situation.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.  Your love and support really mean a lot.  I'm so happy to be here!

Love, Gwen
ImageImage