They say confession is good for the soul !!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
tcasola
Administrator

Re: They say confession is good for the soul !!

Post by tcasola »

Bless you Mary ...

and by the way, ... I always saw myself to me more like Eeyore ..

Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

tcasola wrote: Many who have had these operations (banding or bypass), and think it’s going to be a “cure all”. That’s because many think the operations is going to do the “work for them”, and they don’t need to give up their bad habits.

A lot of my “success” (if you want to call it that - I don’t want to sound conceited) IS because of ALL OF YOUSE who have constantly cared enough to help (and support) me through my struggles and pitfalls.

i had a patient who was really upset that she gained weight with the lap band and it's JUST what you're saying....i walked in her room once and she was eating a lollypop and had a bag of them at her bedside...you CAN'T eat foods that are NOT nutrient dense and expect to lose weight...i feel SO bad because you really risk your life having ANY surgery or procedure done.....LISTEN, you risk your life WALKING into a hospital..........so to stick your neck out like that and NOT get anything out of it is terrible...........
  AND i didn't want to embarrass you, tom, but NOW i'm gonna let ya have it...............you have done phenomenally....absolutely AWESOME...i am SO proud of what you've accomplished....i didn't want to say that because i didn't want to embarrass you, but the picture of eeyore threw me OVER the edge....you've accomplished SO much...on your own, you made the decision to have lap band done..i don't think a lot of the people on these boards understand how DIFFICULT a decision it is to take that step(for elective surgery....something that you WANT but don't NEED)..............you did that and have had a GREAT loss since that time..........and you MOSTLY did this on your own...............
  LET'S call it SUCCESS.......because SUCCESS is whatitis...............AND i'm going to say that having the SAME procedure done as your friend, AS you were struggling to recover and get it together after YOUR procedure, you were trying to help HER without ever looking for any help for yourself........e-mail me her name and i'll pray for her....i DO understand how hard it is to eat right....without let's do lunch, i COULDN'T do it.........maybe as she sees your CONTINUED success, she'll realize what she has to do to be successful also......
    i KNOW that you're going to lose ALL THE WEIGHT you want to lose and i look forward to seeing you do it................your friend,niki
Last edited by niki on April 29th, 2008, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Tom, Good for you. I have a question for you. After you loose all the weight you need and want too do you have the band removed or do you keep it forever? Im so glad you made the decision that is right for you. Keep up the good work.
                                      Judie
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Niki,

It aggravates me when I see people who have operations that are done to improve their lives, yet they go back to their old lifestyle. Look at how many famous people have organ transplants, only to go back to their vice. I had an uncle who had his voice-box removed (due to cancer). He had a hole in this throat which allowed his to talk with a device. Yet, he went back to smoking - even after all that. .. STUPID !! ..

And Goodness Gracious, you DID embarrass me with all those kind words. As you know I have a very hard time accepting kind words, but THANK YOU. However, I must admit I didn’t really do it alone. I know the LORD gave me this gift. And my feeling is, who am I to disrespect His gift?   

Judie,

This is a device I will live with for the rest of my life. When many banded patients hit their goal weight, they think they can don’t need the band any longer, and ask to have it removed. Instead, most Doctors will “deflate” the band to see if the patient can maintain their weight. In most cases, the patient gains weight, so they decide to keep it in. Only a rare percentage keep the weight off, and are permitted to have the ban removed.
Last edited by tcasola on April 30th, 2008, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

tcasola wrote:And Goodness Gracious, you DID embarrass me with all those kind words. As you know I have a very hard time accepting kind words, but THANK YOU. However, I must admit I didn’t really do it alone. I know the LORD gave me this gift. And my feeling is, who am I to disrespect His gift?   

YOU made the decision to take yourself into the hospital and have the procedure done, general anesthesia and all.....you've been making the right food choices with the help of let's do lunch and you're on the road to lowering all your health risks so that you can live a long and healthy life.........PRAISE GOD.....(and YOU'RE WELCOME)................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi tom.  Well all I can say is good for you. God never leads us in the wrong direction. Enjoy life now! Praising God all the time.
              Judie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

tcasola wrote:and by the way, ... I always saw myself to me more like Eeyore ..

Well now, brother.....  I think that since you're continuing to change EXTERNALLY, you need to re-think your self image ...  If you like, you can even stay with the donkey theme... 

I'd like to be the first one to offer a suggestion.

Image  <---- Trade THIS..... for THIS! ----> Image

Whatta ya think?  Good, yes?  Much, much, better....  after all, I picture you smiling ;D much more than not!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

tcasola wrote:My sister of another mother,

It’s scary how you know your brother too well. You touched upon all my apprehensive feelings, as if you WERE me.

Yup..... must be that family thing.....  ;)  We are very much alike in our thinking... (and if anyone doesn't believe it, take a look at how we tend to find pictures to describe how we feel!!!!!!)  You'se da best, bro...

Love,
Carolyn

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Queenie wrote:
tcasola wrote:and by the way, ... I always saw myself to me more like Eeyore ..

Well now, brother.....  I think that since you're continuing to change EXTERNALLY, you need to re-think your self image ...  If you like, you can even stay with the donkey theme... 

I'd like to be the first one to offer a suggestion.

Image  <---- Trade THIS..... for THIS! ----> Image

Whatta ya think?  Good, yes?  Much, much, better....  after all, I picture you smiling ;D much more than not!

Carolyn

absolutely PERFECT.....................otc, i COULDN'T agree MORE.............niki
ps....carolyn....you CRACK me up...........between the two of you, i HONESTLY don't know who's better at this....
Last edited by niki on April 29th, 2008, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

niki wrote:   absolutely PERFECT.....................otc, i COULDN'T agree MORE.............niki
ps....carolyn....you CRACK me up...........between the two of you, i HONESTLY don't know who's better at this....

Personally, I think my brother is, because he knows more trivia...  ;D

Carolyn

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

You know me. I rarely toot my own horn .. but .. TOOT !! TOOT !!

I got some GREAT news today !! I just went to the Doctors for my 3 month evaluation. I lost another 27 pounds since my last checkup (5 weeks ago). So it’s a total of 75 pounds lost since January 29, 2008.

When the Nurse took all my vitals, he didn’t seem too impressed by the lost until he realized I had a band operation, and not a bypass. He asked me, “are you eating enough?” I laughed and reassured him that I was.

Then I saw the Nurse Practitioner she was very pleased at my results. She asked “What have you been doing do loose all this weight”. I proudly said “Not much. Just eating and some exercise (started last week)”. Then I went on to explain what I ate, ala the Let’s Do Lunch eating lifestyle. She was very interested, and ask if I would mind speaking at some of the seminars. Told her I would be honored.

She also said if I keep going the way I am, I may not need an adjustment for a while. The normal time for a banded patient to “get a fill” is 2 to 3 months, but since I am doing so well, there is no need to do it. We tentatively scheduled one for July, but she feels if I keep doing what I am doing, we’re going to cancel it.

PRAISE GOD for bring me here!!!! I can’t thank HIM enough, or Roger for L.D.L, or all you wonderful people who continue to give me strength, guidance and love.
Tom

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Tom
That IS GREAT NEWS!!!! Congratulations bud....I'm very proud of you.  Keep up the good work and I'm sure it wont be long before you are at skinnytown!!!!
Love
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

that's WONDERFUL, tom......i'm so happy for you...it's a GREAT feeling, isn't it?....and it's GREAT that you're able to use let's do lunch to help you get there....
  and TOOT TOOT...............it's about time..............congratulations...you're disappearing before our very eyes.............niki 
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Way to go Tom!!!  Keep up the good work!!  We are all proud of you.

May G-d continue to bless you
                Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Praise God!
'Attaboy' Tom!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

WHOOO HOOOO!! YIPPEE! HOORAY!! Tom is making GREAT progress. I'm so proud of you Big Brother!!
Now just 1 question....what is "get a fill"?
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Wow!  I've REALLY got to start making more time for the boards!  These last few days, I've read the messages in the first two boards and then for some reason or another gotten distracted.... Boy am I sorry that I did!!

Tom, this is fantastic news!  And to be asked to speak!!  Awesome!  Good grief, I just noticed that every sentence I've written so far has at least one exclamation mark after it..... (and I had to refrain from putting one there... and here too!!)  (oops)...........  Tom, I'm just so happy for you, and so very proud of you.

Now..........  you never answered my question.  Are you taking photos?  I don't mean to post anywhere, but for you....  I really think this is important.

Love,
Carolyn