Neuropathy

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Saved4Life

Neuropathy

Post by Saved4Life »

I have recently been diagnosed with perpherial neuropathy.  I'd never heard of this before.  Apparently, I've had it for years, since I've had symptoms (very minor) for years but thought nothing of them until recently.

I have been a type II Diabetic for 9 years and was never offered or referred to ANY diabetic education program at all.  I've picked up tips here and there.

I look forward to being free from most of my medications, starting with the 2 I have to take for Diabetes - as I begin my LDL journey!
niki
Administrator

Re: Neuropathy

Post by niki »

Saved4Life wrote:I have recently been diagnosed with perpherial neuropathy.  I'd never heard of this before.  Apparently, I've had it for years, since I've had symptoms (very minor) for years but thought nothing of them until recently.

hey s4l........... let's do lunch is particularly awesome for diabetics....it'll be a great way to take care of your body now until you get your glorified one..........since i'm a nurse, i REALLY look forward to having my profession become obsolete.......niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Yes, I agree...I look foward to my heavenly body, too.

I have Gwen to thank for telling me about LDL...I had never heard of it until she did.  I pray that this will be a miracle for me and I can evenutally get off all my meds, Diabetes, BP, Cholesterol, Reflux...etc. etc. etc.

Help me Lord Jesus, on you I trust and depend!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Saved4Life wrote: I pray that this will be a miracle for me and I can evenutally get off all my meds, Diabetes, BP, Cholesterol, Reflux...etc. etc. etc.

doreen...you may not be able to get off everything, but you should be able to get off some and cut down on the doses of others..............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Any meds I can stop taking will be a blessing  :thumbsup:
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

and you WILL be able to get off some and you'll be able to lower the others.........let's do lunch is a double blessing for diabetics..........
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi, Doreen -- I'm SO GLAD you have taken this step toward better health.  I'm not surprised you haven't been able to find support for managing diabetes.  I'm still in a wheelchair with arthritis after 8 years and I have to believe there's help out there somewhere -- treatment, education, rehabilitation -- SOMETHING.  I'm praying that God will put some of that stuff in my path.  In the meantime, I THANK GOD every day He dropped LDL it in my lap.  This program has done more for me in 8 months than the rheumatologists & orthopaedists have done in 8 years.  I'm not diabetic, but my fasting blood sugar was in the 130's before starting Let's Do Lunch, and now it's back down in the 90-100 range where it belongs.

Neil was diagnosed with Type II diabetes YEARS ago -- maybe 18(?)  It's too bad you left Clearwater when you did... the Joslin Diabetes Clinic at Morton Plant Hospital has geared up a great public education program.  Neil & I attended classes there & received tons of medical and nutritional info & training. They even have a nutritionist on staff that will make up meal plans based on your individual food preferences.  He no longer needs these materials -- can I send them to you?  Do you have blood glucose testing supplies?  You can get the meters free -- most of the companies have promotional deals for those -- ask about it at your pharmacy, or find one online.  Look for OneTouch UltraR or FreestyleR so you can test on your arms, not fingertips.  Beware -- They make their money from the testing strips, so be sure you get a brand that is supported by your medical insurance company.

Some other helpful resources: 

Diabetes Health monitor magazine -- You can get a free subscription, or just visit the website if you don't want to get on every mailing list on the planet for health, drug & medical services.

Joslin's Online Diabetes Library

American Diabetes Association

American Assoc. of Diabetes Educators

National Health Information Center

International Diabetes Federation

National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases

The following is intended as a caution to people who don't take high blood sugar seriously.  Neil has suffered with kidney disease, vascular disease, including periferal neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, you name it.  He didn't try to do anything about it until he started to go BLIND and had to start having his eyeballs cut open to repair the damage to his vision from blood leaking inside.  Oh, and did I mention he was in end stage renal failure from not being diligent with getting routine his blood work done and now has to have dialysis!!!  The good news is, he has an excellent opthalmic surgeon who has been able to repair the eye damage AND got on Neil's case about managing his blood sugar to avoid future complications.  As a result, he has lost weight and the neuropathy has gotten significantly better.  He no longer has the numbness, burning and tingling in his extremeties.  And all this recovery happened -- just in time for the cancer diagnosis...auggghhhh ! ! ! 

I AM SO GRATEFUL the Lord has a plan for us and is using us in a mighty way to help other people with health issues.  I really mean it!  *love*

[glow=red,2,300][size=180]IN GOD WE TRUST
[/glow]

Love, Gwen
[/size] 
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

Your words and experiences are very encouraging.  Again, thanks for telling me about LDL.

Yes, PLEASE, if you want to send me that stuff I'll gladly take it!  I'll email you with our address, if you don't already have it!

I anxiously await getting my book - I can't wait to get started.  Wayne and I talked about it and he's on board to help me, he is also a Type II Diabetic, but he's gotten rather slim the past year since a promotion in his job requires him to do LOTS of walking...he walks at least 2 miles every day in the course of his duties!

I am enjoying reading all the posts by all LDL'ers!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Doreen, I received your card, so I have your address.  Thank you!  It was very sweet.  I'm so grateful you & Wayne are back in my life. 

Congratulations to Wayne on the promotion and losing weight.  Has the weight loss had a positive effect on his blood sugar?  It was a drastic improvement for Neil.  His A1C dropped from 13.8 down to 5.5, last time we checked.  It might be lower now.  He's totally off all his diabetic meds and is diet managed now.

I think I'll scan the paperwork into my computer and post it somewhere that everyone can benefit from it.  Then you can read through it & only print the things that are especially helpful to you.  Give me a few days, OK?

Love, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Gwen,

I like this idea you have: "I think I'll scan the paperwork into my computer and post it somewhere that everyone can benefit from it.  Then you can read through it & only print the things that are especially helpful to you."  I am interested in knowing what you have for information also.  I love to learn...

Have a great a blessed day everyone. 

BTW ~ I had a flat tire (actually I think it was a blowout) enroute to work today.  But I still am Praising God for it!  Here are some of the reasons that I have come up with:  1)  I don't know but what it kept me from a terrible accident.  2)  We almost took that car on vacation...and if we had...it could have blown out on our trip...and it would probably have been the day we left...and it was...POURING  DOWN  RAIN!!!  3)  I could have been going faster than 40 - 45 mph when it happened. 4)  It wasn't tooooo far from home ( I have a 14 mile one way commute to work) so Jim was able to come and help me.  We used THREE (3) cans of Fix-a-flat...and still ended up having to use the donut tire.  I would NOT have been able to loosen the lug nuts either as it took all of his strength.  5)  It was on a main highway and the police came by and asked me if I knew the man who was helping me.  So I really feel blessed today and know that God is truly watching over me today!  We do have insurance on the tires and it will probably need to be replaced' but, like I just commented....God is SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD  to me (us)!!!

Love,  *love*
Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on September 18th, 2008, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

What a great idea!  I look forward to reading over everything.  Wayne's blood sugar has improved, too.  He walks at least 2 miles a day in the course of his work.  He "locates" fiber optic cables that are underground, and marks the ground with orange paint so the construction guys don't cut the lines.  He's looking awfully good for a old man - all slim and tan *love*!

You are welcome for the card...I meant every word & so glad we have reconnected after all these years.  But, God knew the exact moment we would "meet" again, and we would be a Blessing to each other!  THANK YOU LORD!

Jeanne,
You've got the right idea...All things happen for good, according to HIS purpose!

Have a BLESSED DAY!