Going Back to the Basics, the LDL Way

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Going Back to the Basics, the LDL Way

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger asked me to post this here as continuing encouragement to anyone concerned that the scale is not moving fast enough...

Quote from Roger:  Go back to the basics! Eat LDL foods and drinks until you are full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories are consumed! I keep saying it, but most people don't believe it...eat until you are full, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories are consumed...until your body tells you that you have become less hungry and therefore you eat less and less, consume fewer and fewer calories and lose weight!  God bless,  RT

It's true - Roger KEPT saying it and boy, did I WANT to believe it.  I wanted to believe ANYONE who gave me permission to eat as much of ANYTHING as I wanted. 

I tried it for six months.  … my size was going down, but my weight loss was slow to non-existent each month and I REALLY NEED to get weight off my poor arthritic joints ASAP.  I was ready -- NOT to give up -- but to concede that maybe I needed to ratchet back my volume eating a little.  I was determined to only weigh the first Wednesday of every month, but after a while I just didn’t bother because the scale never moved.

Then all of a sudden, IT HAPPENED !!!  My body kicked itself into gear and started dropping pounds.  It had been a long time since I had been on the scale & I was shocked to see the weight loss after such a long hiatus.  I didn't believe it at first.  I got off & back on the scale 2 or 3 times to see if it was stuck or broken!

My doctors continue to be amazed by the improvements in my blood work:  inflammation, blood sugar, and bad cholesterol are down; hemoglobin, red blood count, and good cholesterol are up.  I’m off the blood pressure meds and the doctor has reduced the frequency of the chemo treatment I take for the arthritis.  It seems the bean and low-sodium veggie soups I prepare are a natural diuretic.  I try to prepare fresh or frozen foods and to stay away from canned foods and prepared packaged foods as much as possible.  So my body is not so loaded up with chemicals, and I don’t retain fluids like I used to.  Therefore, I don’t need to take the extra potassium and other minerals that were being leached out of my system by the chemical diuretics.  My female hormone balance is being restored, I have more energy because I’m finally SLEEPING, and I feel happy and encouraged without antidepressants!

All Praise, Glory and Honor to Our Heavenly Father, and many thanks for Roger Troy Wilson for being obedient to bring this program to hurting people. 

[glow=red,2,300][size=180]IN GOD WE TRUST – Be Encouraged![/size][/glow]

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 3rd, 2009, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Vernswifevickie

Re: Going Back to the Basics, the LDL Way

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Gwen...I loved reading about your success with LDL. Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you and inspired by your story!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Dear Carrole (Sweet_Pea) -- I brought this up again in response to your question about whether your portion sizes were too large.  Every time I became worried that I was eating too much  ...  I would ALMOST get to the point when I was ready to start portion controlling, then BAM -- the monthly scale number would drop down a significant amount.  The other LDL-ers reassured me this was normal.

Please trust what Roger says.  Trust the program.  Don't worry about the quantity of food you are consuming unless it is significantly more than you were eating before starting Let's Do Lunch.  Over time, your stomach WILL shrink & you will be surprised to see leftovers in the bowl that you were polishing off the previous month.  It WILL HAPPEN! 

If you find that your weight loss really is stalled, don't resort to portion controlling, but DO take a look at your menus to see if you are adding recipe creations that, while containing LDL acceptable ingredients, may be deviating from the essence of Roger's basic program:  Fruit for breakfast/Heavy Protein at Lunch/Vegetarian dinner and adding beans wherever possible.  For example, I'm not entirely certain that the baked goods made with altered bean products are 100% safe for everyone.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Gwennaford wrote:I brought this up again in response to your question about whether your portion sizes were too large........Don't worry about the quantity of food you are consuming......

here's something i want to bring up here about portion control......you don't do it on let's do lunch BUT all foods are not alike...........you should eat a vegetable or salad and bean soup and then eat your protein......don't eat a rotisserie chicken and then a mouthful of salad...it's NOT the same........so consider this when planning your meals..............roger does tell people to write down what they eat without mentioning quantities.....i, personally, like to know amounts because that CAN hinder your progress....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Thanks Gwen and Niki,

I'm trying to go back to the basic plan as much as possible.  I have cut down on the amount of smoothies I have and only have half the size I use to have, in fact I use the bullet so it is not a large one.  I don't eat the oats and rice very often.  I happened to make some for super bowl sunday so have a few of them to use up but was probably a month or more before that, when I fixed rice.  I often take a can of corn and a can of beans and add a little onion and vinegar and oil and eat as a salad.  I do eat all of it or I get hungry.  I don't usually eat a lot f protein but do eat 2 turkey burgers when I do have them.  I try to follow the plan as close as possible but seems like this last month, I didn't feel like I lost anything.  That is why Gwen it is so nice to hear when someone like you is losing.  It gives me hope.  I'm so anxious to lose some weight so can do more things and feel better about myself.  Guess I sometimes feel a little impatient.  I do tell myself all the time and others in the family that Roger says to believe in the plan and it will happen if we eat as we should.  So I take that very much to heart and every post that he writes, I take it to heart and try and do the things he says are important.  I think taking insulin might be a part of the hindrance.

Thanks for listening to me and for giving me some insight, I appreciate it so much.

Hugs to you both, Carrole
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Sweet_Pea wrote:I'm trying to go back to the basic plan as much as possible. 

carrole....i would suggest you REALLY follow the basic plan....no oats...no rice.....no grains....i lose weight with GREAT difficulty.....i've never tasted a wasa crisp and i've never had a smoothie......i ate the whole fruit, no dried fruit(actually, i added raisins and that contributed to my stopping to lose)and i didn't snack......i ate fruit and then popcorn for breakfast and then didn't eat until i got hungry again at which time i had a big lunch with all the bean soup i could eat, big salad with artichoke hearts and marinated mushrooms and an average portion of protein......dinner was often a bowl of popcorn at like 5 and i DID NOT eat anything after that.....people still think that with all the let's do lunch foods you're allowed to eat, that they can snack at night....really, one of the best things ANYONE can do for themselves is to get out of the habit of eating in the evening.....your body doesn't have a chance to burn any of it and you're making your digestive tract work while your body is resting.........in that year that i was losing, i avoided certain social situations where i was surrounded by food i couldn't eat....some people can manage to bend the rules and still lose...i'm NOT one of those people....i ate plenty of allowable foods, LOTS of beans, but didn't snack and didn't eat a lot of the extras a lot of people eat....i NEVER felt deprived........why don't you write down exactly what you eat and in what amounts and let me take a look at it?...if i'm not mistaken, you're a diabetic which makes it harder to lose also.............what i DO know is that ANYONE who follows the basic plan WILL lose weight....it takes patience...but, it can be done................
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Thanks so much for talking with me Roger, guess I really needed that today.  I do listen to you and will try my best to follow your instructions.

Niki, thanks to you also.  I usually post what I eat each day in my journal.  I will try to be more accurate with the ingredients I'm eating.

God bless,

Carrole
806Shari

Post by 806Shari »

Will someone tell me how long will corn thins last.  I want to buy a case from amazon but wasn't sure how to store them.  any input would greatly be appreciated.  :thumbsup:

Thanks
Shari

Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

They would probably last several months if not opened.  I store several bags at a time and they are always fine.  I think their shelf life might be like a bag of potato chips.  Hope this helps.

Hugs, Carrole
806Shari

Post by 806Shari »

Thank you very much.  I'm going to go order right now...  Have a good day  :tongue:
Shari