EXCELLENT DOCTOR'S VISIT

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Saved4Life

EXCELLENT DOCTOR'S VISIT

Post by Saved4Life »

Went to the doctor today...

My weight is down 18 pounds. *woot* *woot* *woot*

My A1C went from 7.2 to 6.3.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

One diabetes medication got discontinued... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I told the doc what brought about the improvements, and he is very interested in reading about LDL, and is going to check it out!

I am so amazed at the results in my blood sugar levels..and the drastic change that LDL made in just 5 weeks had that much an effect on my A1C test!! 

I AM A BELIEVER IN LDL, AND THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING...or should I say the elimination of the Pudding ;D

THANK YOU LORD, FOR EMPOWERING ME TO STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT, AND SELF PITY ZONE AND EMBRACE LDL...I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU, AND WITHOUT THE MINISTRY OF MY LDL FAMILY.  I PRAY THAT I CAN MAINTAIN MY NEW THINKING THAT...I EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT.  In Jesus Precious Name, AMEN!!

Thank you ALL for this mighty ministry of love and support - you're all so AWESOME!

Love, Doreen :rose:
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: EXCELLENT DOCTOR'S VISIT

Post by patsyfay »

Doreen,
How wonderful!!  My sister had a similiar visit with her doctor.  You can meet her on the boards...she joined today.  Isn't God fabulous?  With Him, all things are possible, even the things we never thought could happen.
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Thats wonderful!  I bet you are so pleased. 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

CONGRATULATIONS DOREEN.................you are right on the mark.......off one of your diabetic meds already.....................that's WONDERFUL...keep up the good work..........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Wonderful Doreen!!

Congratulations....that's great news!  Keep on keepin' on!! 

God bless!
margo
Marcy J

Post by Marcy J »

Doreen,
How terrific. I can really relate since my HgbA1C was also down 10 points! My doc was also impressed and talked about LDL. She will look on the computer, she says
to get familiar with it. This is how everyone should eat!
God is awesame, isn't He?
Marcy
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It's great that doctors are getting interested in Let's Do Lunch.  It's difficult to describe or explain briefly.  Maybe we could put our heads together & create an official summary in pamphlet form to hand out to get people interested in getting the book.

That gives me a great idea!!!  I think I'll buy several copies of the book to give as Christmas presents.  Wouldn't that be great?  :thumbsup:  Instead of taking a pan of brownies to the doctor's office, I can give them an office copy of the book!!!  This is such a good idea I'm going to post it as a new topic.

But first, I'm going to treat myself to a copy.  I still don't have one.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

At Roger's request  :D I am telling you MORE...

I have lost 18.5 pounds, and effortlessly for the most part.  I am feeing better, my clothes are starting to fit different AND, my blood sugar is better than it's ever been, and the doc took me off one of my diabetes meds because my A1C was so good. 

Roger, I loved your personal story you tell in your book.  It gives me hope!

After I started LDL, my husband and I were talking and realized that he had been eating mostly LDL foods for the past year, at least for breakfast and lunch (instead of sandwiches and chips like he'd done for YEARS);  and now he's eating almost totally LDL foods and he's lost weight, and has maintained the loss, and feels so much better. (His blood sugar has improved drastically, too...without the "Junk" on hand, he can't eat it either!)

I have learned in 6 weeks that when I "slipped"  :blush: ever so slightly, those intense cravings came back with a vengence, and it took a day or two to get back on track to silence them again.  So not worth it!

So, there you have it...THANK YOU LORD FOR LDL, AND FOR GIVING IT TO ROGER TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Marcy J wrote:Doreen,
How terrific. I can really relate since my HgbA1C was also down 10 points! My doc was also impressed and talked about LDL. She will look on the computer, she says
to get familiar with it. This is how everyone should eat!
God is awesame, isn't He?
Marcy

AWESOME...don't you love those GOOD test results.  My doc wrote down Lets Do Lunch when I was there...he said he's going to check it out!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

UPDATE...UPDATE...

I already posted this in my journal...but here goes anyway!

I weighed in for the month of November, and I am so pleased to tell you all that after starting LDL on
September 22nd, and after just 2 months...I have lost 22 pounds.  I think 2 is now my lucky number, or maybe it's 22...?? 

I don't "see" it so to speak, but I feel it in my clothes, and what a wonderful feeling when the same clothes have gone from fairly "tight", to just right, to loose & baggy!!! :) :) :)

My blood sugar readings continued to improve and are now holding steady in the "good" range.  I am so thankful for LDL, and for Gwen who led me here.  You are all so supportive and  I appreciate every one of you. 

And to Roger -who followed God's call to discover the LDL Lifestyle of eating.  God Bless you Roger for your faith, and for sharing this wonderful Plan God gave you with others.

With Much Love,
Doreen
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Congratulations, Doreen.  You've worked hard and you deserve the rewards!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thank you Pat, you are a sweetheart *love*
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Great Doreen,

You have earned it!!  I'm so happy for you.  That is a great loss for two months.

I get weighed on the last day of each month so have a few days to go.  I'm not feeling lighter so concerned that it won't be a good month as far as losing some of this weight.  I have several items that help me gage how I'm doing.  One is my wood rocker outside which has been tight, another is a coat I've had for years and can't quite button it, and the seat belt. 

I'm so thankful that you had a good month.

God bless,

Carrole
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:   some people lose the weight faster than others. For example, our Bean Queen, Niki, didn't even start to lose weight until after 3 months - and then the weight just fell off her and she lost all she wanted.

i DO lose very slowly....when i lost the weight i lost, i had to follow the most basic plan in order to lose at all....actually, i lost 10 pounds that was mostly fluid in the first 5 weeks....but, then i didn't lose anything for 2 months....i went another time for 2 months without losing anything...then, one day i just got up, felt thinner and weighed myself.....when i added soy and raisins to my chick peas, i gained weight.....when i added dates, i gained weight....i had gotten down to a weight about 10 pounds less than i am now and i stopped losing for MONTHS....i started power walking 3 miles most days and lost an additional 10 which i gained back pretty quickly when i did things like eat dates.....people here drink juice and eat preserves....i can't do that and lose weight..........
  everyone at work still sees me eat my fruit for breakfast and my salad for lunch....they didn't even realize i gained that 10 pounds and i think they think i look the best the way i am now..............what a difference as far as breakfasts go...i used to eat all the toasted italian bread i wanted dripping with butter along with a half a pot of coffee with half & half......
  one thing.....i CAN'T eat oatmeal OR brown rice if i want to lose.....those things DON'T give me cravings but i don't lose weight..........cornmeal?...when everything happened that everyone on these boards stopped losing weight because they started using cornmeal, i remember reading all the posts and i don't remember people saying they had cravings...just that they stopped losing weight.............so for me, grains are fattening and keep me from losing weight...........
  gotta go..time for my 3 mile power walk......later, niki         
Last edited by niki on November 26th, 2008, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:.like our Bean Queen, Niki. Neets and I have been with her in NYC twice, and she is THIN...THIN I SAY! No wonder other people don't see anything but a THIN person...because she IS THIN! Our Bean Queen is just too hard on herself...the same with my own wife, Neets! Neets is just like our Bean Queen...she HAS to be a certain weight, no matter what anyone else thinks or sees!

i guess women see the weight issue differently than men do..............our weight is more who we are than it is with men..at work, i've been telling people that i want to lose 10 pounds for my daughter's wedding because i then proceed to tell them that i gained that in the last year and they tell me they don't see me any heavier...........thank you, roger :blush:......