My Journey with LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Saved4Life

My Journey with LDL

Post by Saved4Life »

Just a note to let y'all  - that's Southern for everybody :laughing: -  know that my blood sugar continues to be the best it's been in YEARS.  I am a Diabetic, diagnosed about 10 years ago. 

When I started on LDL, I was a bit apprehensive about loading up on just fruit for breakfast, thought it would mess with my blood sugar, which was already out of control.

NOT SO!  I have always liked fruit, especially summer fruits, but old school thinking was to have 3 fruits a day, measuring and weighing of course - who can eat half of a banana  :thumbdown:    With LDL we don't have to do that and I have come to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fruit again, with no worries that it will negatively affect my blood sugar!!    Quite the opposite is true.

The best news of all is that the doc was so impressed with my readings he discontinued one of my diabetes meds, so that's another $125 in my pocket...hum....I can buy more fruit :thumbsup:

There was also a time when I rarely ate beans of any kind.  Not any more!  I now love 'em  *love* and I am totally amazed how many different things you can do with beans!

Thanks for reading this, and I hope that it may be of help to some one!

God Bless,

Doreen
CJ

Re: My Journey with LDL

Post by CJ »

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Saved4Life wrote:The best news of all is that the doc was so impressed with my readings he discontinued one of my diabetes meds, so that's another $125 in my pocket...hum....I can buy more fruit :thumbsup:

you can ALSO buy a LOT of BEANS :thumbsup: ;D *woot*
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Doreen, I second that.  I'm also diabetic on insulin twice a day.  I was concerned with all the fruit but have always loved  it.  I have  better blood sugar readings than I can remember.  I'm also some what stabilized so only have to prick my callused fingers two or three times a day instead of 5 and 6.  I feel good and have more energy then I remember in a long time.  So I just pray that God will give me the will power to stay with ldl and make me a better child of His Kingdom.

Carrole