My Success on LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Marcy J

My Success on LDL

Post by Marcy J »

For all you newbies and those browsing the posts here to see if you'd like this diet, let me tell you my story. I have been  morbidly obese (isn't that an awful phrase??!!) for most of my adult life. I ate when I was happy, sad, elated, depressed, whatever. I could never seem to get ahold of a diet that worked for me. I tried Atkins and lost 50 lbs. I was younger then and it looked pretty good (who am I kidding? I was still grossly overweight!). I backslid and gained back every pound, plus more.
My sister lives a couple of states away and another sister and I went to visit. She was on LDL and explained it all to us. Looking at her I knew it was working ...she was as slim as she was in high school. It seemed too simple to be true. Eat your protein at lunch and eat fresh fruit and vegetables. How hard is that? I was encouraged to look through the website and browse the menus and the recipes.
Well, I statred on June 1st, doing exactly as I was told. I don't own a scale (hmm, wonder why) but I went to the doctor's every month to have some blood drawn.
I started to lose weight by large amounts at first. Probably mostly water. After 5 months I had lost 50 pounds. My clothes were getting so large on my body. I had reached the same weight loss as I had with Atkins, but oh, it was so easy! I never felt like I was on a diet. The recipes were wonderful. I could eat almost all that I liked. I ate until I was full, never hungry.
I was diagnosed with age onset diabetes. At the six month point I had a whole battery of labs drawn as I usually do. My doctor was thrilled with my diet and spent quite a bit of time talking to me about it. My blood sugar that day (right after I had eaten breakfast) was 90. In the past, after fasting and watching everything I put in my mouth the day before, it was usually in the 130-140's. I was so happy.
Since then, I have continued on this diet and have achieved a one hundred pound loss. Can you believe it? I have so much energy. I can do so much in a day that would take me weeks before.  I still have weight to lose (remember the morbid part?)
and want to get down to my high school weight. It may take me another year, but that's okay. I would be eating this way anyhow.
I went off the plan once. When my sister and her husband were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We went to a local favorite pizza parlor. I intentionally decided to have pizza with the group. I did. I then went back on plan the next day. It wasn't too much of a blip on the screen. I don't intend to have many of those times in the future.
Give this plan a try if you are considering. You won't be sorry.
Last edited by Marcy J on February 6th, 2009, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Re: My Success on LDL

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Marcy, 

Again this story is amazing to me.  I'm so happy for you and wish you continued success with losing all the weight you want.  What a difference eight months has made in your life. 

God bless you with continued success and blessings.

Hugs, Carrole
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Marcy,

Wonderful story!   So glad you posted it..you never know just how many people will be encouraged by it.

Thanks for sharing,
Doreen
Last edited by Saved4Life on February 6th, 2009, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dakotagirl

Post by dakotagirl »

Thanks for posting your story - your success is very encouraging to those of us who are just starting.  It is everyone here that gives me the faith that I can lose, not just a few pounds, but all of the weight that I need to lose.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I'm proud of you, Marcy!  Your inspiration and success keeps us "old timers" on track.  After this ice storm stuff and not being able to stay 100% LDL, I'm so glad to be back to normal.  Keep it up, Sis!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

I can't imagine that anyone on here would think you don't care!  Mr. Wilson your story is amazing!  I almost sat in Borders and cried when I was reading through your book -- I felt like I was reading about myself!  I'm so grateful to you for writing it and for my husband for convincing me that it wasn't a waste of money.  (I was worried about buying yet ANOTHER diet book that I would fail on in less than a week!)

I was shocked when you actually emailed me back -- your posts and comments show you really do care!

Also thank you for creating the message board -- what a wonderful place to go and stay motivated.

May God bless you and your family for presenting this to us.  For the first time in my entire life I don't feel like I am a slave to food!  By day 5 on any other diet/eating plan I've been crawling the walls and pacing the floors.  I'm not sure that I've ever gone five days in my life with no sugar!
Phentermine support group!Image
Marcy J

Post by Marcy J »

Hello  everyone. It is me, Marcy J again. It has been exactly one year since I began LDL. I had another 6 month check up and things are getting better. I had all the labs drawn that I did 6 months ago. My doctor called me to give me my lab values. This is unusual for her as she usually has her nurses do this. I was a little nervous, but couldn't think of what could be wrong. When she starting reading the ones pertaining to the diabetes, we started laughing like little girls. "You are perfect!". she said to me. Only God has ever expressed that to me before, so consider how I felt. We talked about eliminating the Glucophage (for age onset diabetes) and she suggested we wait a month or two, cut down on the dossage and see what happens. She also stopped the medication for GERD (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) and said I probably wouldn't need it. My blood pressure was 123 over 76.
Lower than it has been in years! We also discussed my seeing a plastic surgeon when I am ready to talk about the excess skin. She smiled at me and said that she just sent another patient to a plastic surgeon for weight loss, but she had had gastric bypass surgery. She also asked if I would come in to the office and talk about my diet. How about that?! Just keep sticking with the diet. I find that I can do this forever. I almost never have had any desire for a food not on this WOE.
Great Dane Lady (and anyone else) you can do this, I promise. Just follow the recipes, choose what you know you like and go for it!
Marcy J

Post by Marcy J »

Great Dane LAdy,
I got your email and sent a reply, but I don't think you got it. Feel free to email me if you'd like at mjk71041 @aol.com. I would be happy to resend
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Hi Great Dane LAdy, You are truly an inspiration. :thumbsup: I love that about these message boards - everyone genuinely cares!!! *love*
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

My doctor called me to give me my lab values. This is unusual for her as she usually has her nurses do this. I was a little nervous, but couldn't think of what could be wrong. When she starting reading the ones pertaining to the diabetes, we started laughing like little girls. "You are perfect!". she said to me. Only God has ever expressed that to me before, so consider how I felt. We talked about eliminating the Glucophage (for age onset diabetes) and she suggested we wait a month or two, cut down on the dossage and see what happens. She also stopped the medication for GERD (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) and said I probably wouldn't need it. My blood pressure was 123 over 76.

Wow!!  Marcy J this is exciting news!  It's absolutely the best news......makes me want to thank God and thank Roger all over again for the help we all get from eating LDL foods.  A big congratulations to you!
Doing the dance of joy,
mrsj
Marcy J

Post by Marcy J »

thank you mrsjudo! I am rewarding myself my getting a small chest freezer where I can cook more and keep available all those things that I can eat and love.
sval59

Post by sval59 »

You almost made me cry this morning, Marcy......What wonderful, wonderful news.  God bless you for posting it to help inspire all the newbies! 

Cheryl
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

Thanks for the email MarcyJ!  What an awesome story!
Phentermine support group!Image
Marcy J

Post by Marcy J »

Thanks for your support Cheryl!
Love, Marcy
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Marcy J!!!!!

YIppee!  YIppee!  Yippee!  No more diabetes medicine, no more gerd medicine!!!  What a victory.  Isn't God good??  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! 

Love,
Patsy
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

This is wonderful!!!  :thumbsup:
bethp

Post by bethp »

Congratulations!! Your story is so awesome and inspiring! Thank you for sharing!  :rose:
I am a pharmacist so I know the significance of coming off of those medications. That is wonderful! I have had a gastric bypass and I am not sorry. It started me in the right direction. Probably saved me life! BUT I am so glad to have found LDL!
Congratulations again!
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image