My Success on LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Marcy J

Re: My Success on LDL

Post by Marcy J »

Thank you all for all of the support. Beth, I didn't want to disparage anyone who has had gastric bypass. Please don't think that. I, for one, would be worried about having that surgery done, as I really considered it. As a nurse I am privy to all the things that could go wrong. I also wanted to say that with LDL you can do this (large weight losses) without the surgery and insult to your body. Pat, how cool about your dental checkup. Just one more thing about this WOE that can save your life. (they are now correlating dental plaque with heart disease). Yippee! is right!
Love , Marcy
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Thank you for posting Marcy. I am so very happy for you...I was clinging to every word as I read your post!

Way to go Marcy!!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Just started reading some of the older post boy did i get a good one.sad but happy @the same time.Knowing that I have 100pds to lose seemed so far away but now knowing I could do it too.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marcy J,

So happy you came back to let us know how you are doing.  Your post some time back so inspired me to keep on keeping on.  I continually watch for your posts.  I have a doctor's appointment coming up soon and hoping to receive the same reward. 

God bless you and Pat, I love both of you and know God uses the two of you to help so many on these boards.

Hugs, Carrole
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

congratulations Marcy, and God bless you bunches for sharing your success with us newbies, it is inspiring to see what God and ldl can do.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Thanks, Marcy! I am one of the lucky ones with no ill effects. I just know that I have to take my vitamins for the rest of my life to prevent malnourishment. That in itself is a little bizarre for people who eat all the time! But it is true. It happens. I actually look at the bypass as a blessing but like I said, LDL is wonderful. If I had found it or it had found me several years ago, the story might be different. The wonderful thing with LDL is I can eat like this, even with my pouch. I haven't gotten sick once (TMI?) and I feel good! Because most of the beef recipes are ground and mixed with chicken or turkey, I tolerate them well! I count LDL as another of my blessings. Again, congratulations to you. You are a true inspiration! Thanks!  :rose:
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Marcy J

Post by Marcy J »

I am so glad that I can give encouragement with my story. Sweetpea, I am sorry that I haven't been here too often. I do come and look, but feel that I don't have a "story" yet. I cannot do what Pat does (chart daily about her food) as it is too "busy" for me. I am very busy with my church and church members. I tell everyone about the WOE and they are all for It. So I am busy here, too.
I never thought that I would lose 100 lbs, but it hardly seems like I've done any work. I mean the preparation of the food can be work intensive at times, but the rewards are great. I lose track of the days and the weeks and before you know it months have gone by. So, for that reason, I know you can all do this!
God Bless you all right back! (I know He will!) and I will try to come back and write more often. Love and hugs, Marcy
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Marcy:

You are an inspiration.  Thank you for sharing your journey.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Peace.

Tiss
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Marcy- You are an inspiration.  I can't understand why this plan has been such a secret kept from most of us until the First article.  I wish I had found it years ago, but thankful that I am on my way to Skinnytown now.  Pam
ll0904

Why no nut

Post by ll0904 »

Hello everyone...I am new too and excited. But just one question while I await for my book......Why no nuts.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

When I think of eating nuts I think of portion control again and when I think of lets do lunch I think that I eat till Im full.  I think the biggest problem with nuts is the amount you would be allowed would be sooooooo small it would never satisfy you and could lead to you having to eat to many or you would have to eat something else along with them in order to feel full.  Lets Do Lunch is all about FEELING SATISFIED.  Eating nuts would only make me feel deprived.  Does that make sense to you?
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:When I think of eating nuts I think of portion control again and when I think of lets do lunch I think that I eat till I'm full. 

been there...done that......i realized that peanuts are legumes, thought even if they were high in fat, i add olive oil to my popcorn, so what's the difference???.....i bought the roasted ones in the shell..........ate them after i'd eat something else thinking that would work................BIG MISTAKE.............learn from my experiment......KEEP AWAY...........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Marcy J Thanks for sharing your story. It is a great encouragement to me. I have just started my journey with LDL July 20th and have lost 17#'s I figure I have at least 30 more to loose. It may not sound like much next to 100#'s but when I haven't been able to loose weight and keep it off on any other diet it still can feel like  a long way to go. I am inspired by you! Yeah.  thanks for sharing.
Bobbi
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

MarcyJ, just like the poster immediately above me, I'm a newbie too, i just
started LDL on March 5th, 2010.  Thanks for sharing your story.  It's only
been a week for me so far, and I'm down 10 pounds, but I've got LOTS and LOTS
more to lose.  Your story is incredible, and it just reaffirms my
belief that this WOE is a Gift from God in Heaven.  I'm hoping and praying that I
can have a similar success story to yours some time down the road, and can in
turn inspire others the same way your story just inspired me.

Take care, and God Bless,
Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Love this thread. An update on me. I have now lost 33#'s and am still loving this woe. I have been kind of stalled at this weight for the last 3 months but Hey, whats to disparage as the food is so good and I am not gaining and I am still eating all I want!
Thanks all for your encouraging posts,
Bobbi