Diabetic and crohns Success on LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
ladyhawk21

Diabetic and crohns Success on LDL

Post by ladyhawk21 »

I first learned about LDL on a news special in my area in November 2008.  I went to the library and checked out the book, read it and then shared it with my mom and dad.  my dad is diabetic, a little over weight 213-220 and sometimes more depending on how much and what he would eat.  He was having trouble getting his blood sugar to stabilize and it was always 120+.  So far he has not had to take any medicines or shots, but that was going to change if he did not learn how to eat correctly. 

My dad started the plan but had some concerns about eating all the fruit as it has natural sugars.  The first couple of weeks was a little rough.  But after 4-5 months on LDL.  His blood sugar is 90+- he has lost 30pds and is feeling great.  He is retired and not as active as he once was but we, me, mom and dad walk my 2 dogs everyday for about 30-60 mins unless it is raining. 

My mom has crohn's  disease and the first time she tried LDL she had a little trouble.  She stopped for several months then started back in march 09, this time changing some of the fruits she was eating and has already lost about 6 pds over the past 4 week.  We all love the plan and i am learning to eat new foods and liking them. 

So i hope you will give this plan a try. 

Renee
Ladyhawk
ladyhawk21

Re: Diabetic and crohns Success on LDL

Post by ladyhawk21 »

Roger, my dad's Blood sugar went up and down for a little while and then it stabilized, i think it just scared him and mom as LDL was new to them and they were being cautious.  But he was determined to stick with it for a least a month and thankfully it worked out well for him.  I am thinking it just took time for his body to adjust to the new foods.   

Now with mom, not sure exactly what the deal was, i think it was pineapples that bothered her, so now she eats other things, like apples, bananas.  I will talk more with her tonight at our walk. 

I do hope the story helps others, as this is not a diet, and i think it is the way God intended for us to eat. 
Renee
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

Hey Roger,

Mom says it was not that the foods bothered here Crohns as much as all the fruits more liquids and she kept having to go to the "little girls room"  even in the middle of the night she would have to get up and go. 

Renee
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

just to clarify it was that she had to Urinate a lot not the other.  i figure its the water in the fruits.

renee
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

ladyhawk21 wrote:just to clarify it was that she had to Urinate a lot not the other.  i figure its the water in the fruits.
renee

renee...that's a GOOD thing, not a bad one......in fact, wonderful..
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

not according to her....she has to go every 30 mins or so, and sometimes more and she has to go several times a night which interrupts her sleep.

Renee