LDL & Ulcerative colitis

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
vleller

Re: LDL & Ulcerative colitis

Post by vleller »

Hi Gwennie - Thanks for the hints. I've seen Mary's and other's comments on the seasonings they use for meatloaf and sausages and have printed off some of the recipes.  I generally don't follow recipes and rarely measure when I cook - I was taught eye-balling and it works just fine for me.  :)  My mom & dad were great cooks so I had  excellent teachers. But I love my www.penzeys.com spices & seasonings!  :thumbsup: They list all their ingredients so it's easy to choose which ones you might want for which dish you're preparing. 

Hey Crickadoodle, I've had UC for over 25 yrs and have learned my triggers and how to control them; some days are better than others, so have learned to tweak my eating.  I think the one major part of LDL that has helped my UC is getting rid of the processed sugars in my diet.  Tell your friend to follow the LDL WOE and be mindful of the many sugars that try to sneak in foods.  On one of the threads, someone has listed the different names that sugar hides under - it's totally amazing and eye-opening!  :shock: 

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn