Type one diabetic needs help

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
sking

Type one diabetic needs help

Post by sking »

I am a newbie and type one diabetic for 6 years. My sister and mother started ldl 2 weeks ago and I am seeing the weight come off of them. My sister 6lbs and mom 9lbs. My problem is I am diabetic and from what the Dr’s and dietitians have told me for years I need all the food groups with each meal. I have gained 15 lbs give or take 5 lbs with all the insulin I have to take, humalog with meals and corrections, lantus in the morning and at bedtime. That’s six shot a day and sometimes more. I test all the time and can’t seem to get it under control. I would like to hear and get help from people like me that hear so many different diets from different Dr’s and dietitians. I am determined to lose this weight. I have to make a list to go to the store and would like some ideas that can get me started on ldl. HELP!

Sue
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Type one diabetic needs help

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Sue.

Listen, all I can tel you is: try.
I am not diagnosed with  diabetes yet but I have watched my blood sugar vary drastically. when not eating this way. AND I have seen them level out when I stick with this way of eating.
Please give it a try and see for yourself.
NJ
sking

Re: Type one diabetic needs help

Post by sking »

Thank you so much for the advise. I am going to my Dr's in about an hour and will get my blood results back and see what he says about ldl. I think this will be a great way to know if this diet will help with my blood sugars because I go every 3 months for A1C and other blood work. I am going to give this a try. It seems really easy and the recipes look good.

Sue